1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Civil Engineer in DFW?

Discussion in 'Jobs, Careers, Networking' started by Gfunk, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Gfunk

Gfunk Deputy

I'm a civil engineer in Fort Worth and I recently got laid off.

Anyone know of any openings in the area? I'd prefer not to drive all the way to Dallas (live in west fort worth), but I will if I have to.

I have about 4 years of experience. Thanks!

2. dds115

dds115 Free Roverto!!! A/V Subscriber

Maybe the company working on the cluster f, I mean, construction in Grapevine?

3. Slugger926

Slugger926 Territorial Marshal

Do you have your PE yet?

There may be some help for you on http://www.engineerboards.com.

If you have your PE, you might could check on doing sub projects for larger engineering firms that may not want to take the risk of hiring engineers. I know several engineers that have built their own engineering firms when out of work this same way by being channel partners with the big guys and even little guys needing temporary help.

4. ashpkt

ashpkt Cowboy

I'm a Civil P.E. in Houston. What kind of "civil" work have you been doing to-date?

5. Gfunk

Gfunk Deputy

Thanks for the info. I haven't taken the PE yet, but I should be eligible to take it this October or next April.

I'll check out that website. Wouldn't mind doing sub-con work for some of the big boys (even if it was just drafting).

6. Gfunk

Gfunk Deputy

Mostly municipal infrastructure work for towns/counties in the area. Paving, grading, drainage, water/wastewater, etc. Also for the last 2 years or so I've gotten into more hydrologic/hydraulic analysis.