CJ Moore

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 15, 2007
Muskogee
Read an article on GoPokes.com that said all 2018 recruits arrived this week except for CJ Moore who had some "academic hurdles" he had to meet. Anyone know what is going on there?

Would hate to lose one of our best recruits from the class to the JUCO route again.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Read an article on GoPokes.com that said all 2018 recruits arrived this week except for CJ Moore who had some "academic hurdles" he had to meet. Anyone know what is going on there?

Would hate to lose one of our best recruits from the class to the JUCO route again.

Sounds pretty straightforward: he's wrapping up some academic stuff, and will join the team in early July. Doesn't sound like any reason for concern.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Anybody hear anything about CJ joining the team? July 5th has come and gone and haven't heard.

Also, wasn't Dru Brown supposed to come in at the same time?
No. Dru is finishing up school work online and will report for fall practice in August. Interesting thing about him is that he is basically finishing college in 3 years as he still has a RS year to burn if he needs to and he is a grad transfer.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Good deal. He has a chance to play like Tylan Wallace did but could redshirt. Probably will since no summer workouts but with new redshirt rule. I expect to see him in 4 games. Probably end of year and keep his redshirt.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Think about how deep we are at WR if we can RS a 6'6" guy with 4.4 speed. Of course with the RS rules changing, who says we can't hold him off until a few games late in the year and put him in at the goal line and run a fade with him and McKauffman 6'6" on the outside. With a 6'7" Woods as a CW with McClesky or Stoner for good measure and still have Hill or King to account for. That would be a nightmare.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Think about how deep we are at WR if we can RS a 6'6" guy with 4.4 speed. Of course with the RS rules changing, who says we can't hold him off until a few games late in the year and put him in at the goal line and run a fade with him and McKauffman 6'6" on the outside. With a 6'7" Woods as a CW with McClesky or Stoner for good measure and still have Hill or King to account for. That would be a nightmare.
don’t forget about Lc greenwood. He is another big target

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Dunn seems to be really excited about him.
WR is loaded. My concerns lies with improvement on the offensive line. I think if we have a good line then Hill would be looked at as by far the best RB in the big 12 and probably the country. OU has some good RBs but they wouldn’t put the numbers Hill plasters with our line. OU has one of the best olines in the country.

Bottom line, I think OSU could contend for a big 12 title with a good offensive line. Our offense will be elite with a good line. Our defense will probably be about the same as always but we could compete with any team in the big 12 if we could have a good Oline. I say this because we could control the game with Hill and our nightmare matchups at WR.

Some our probably wondering about QB but I’m not worried because Cornelius is good enough. He can make the intermediate passes down field that will open up hill for big runs. He doesn’t have the deep threat like mason but he will be able to slice up a defense and make some decent throws.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
WR is loaded. My concerns lies with improvement on the offensive line. I think if we have a good line then Hill would be looked at as by far the best RB in the big 12 and probably the country. OU has some good RBs but they wouldn’t put the numbers Hill plasters with our line. OU has one of the best olines in the country.

Bottom line, I think OSU could contend for a big 12 title with a good offensive line. Our offense will be elite with a good line. Our defense will probably be about the same as always but we could compete with any team in the big 12 if we could have a good Oline. I say this because we could control the game with Hill and our nightmare matchups at WR.

Some our probably wondering about QB but I’m not worried because Cornelius is good enough. He can make the intermediate passes down field that will open up hill for big runs. He doesn’t have the deep threat like mason but he will be able to slice up a defense and make some decent throws.
What are you talking about? Our offensive line should be better than last year and see what Hill did then. As far as deep threat, Cornelius had a 39 yard pass against Pitt and a 56 yard pass against KU last year. He throw it over a mountain.

Oct 30, 2007

What are you talking about? Our offensive line should be better than last year and see what Hill did then. As far as deep threat, Cornelius had a 39 yard pass against Pitt and a 56 yard pass against KU last year. He throw it over a mountain.
Well, our OL should be and really must be better than last year, but if it is say 5% better that will not be good. We had an average OL last year, so we need a large improvement. Of course, it is the defense that is the major concern, with our gundyized cream puff schedule we should be at 10 or less PTS allowed per game going into conf play. I hope we can beat BSU and it has some merit late in the season not that it will really matter much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Well, our OL should be and really must be better than last year, but if it is say 5% better that will not be good. We had an average OL last year, so we need a large improvement. Of course, it is the defense that is the major concern, with our gundyized cream puff schedule we should be at 10 or less PTS allowed per game going into conf play. I hope we can beat BSU and it has some merit late in the season not that it will really matter much.

Our defense is always a liability but in the big 12 it’s rare to see a great defense. If you have decent athletes out there then you are online with most teams. Luckily for us, most defenses won’t be able to stop our offense. I think we see OU taking a step back this year. I know they have Riley but they also don’t have mayfield. The big 12 is wide open.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Dunn seems to be really excited about him.
Yeah 4 star WR with size and speed.

Boise State is the 4th best non conference opponent in Big 12. They are top 20 team. You don't know what you're talking about in cream puff.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
This should be a breakout year for Johnson. In fact, I'm predicting he quickly helps us in a Washington-like way.
We know how capable the slot guys are. The rest are a question mark, but we've been in "reload" position with receivers for years.
Of course, the most important thing about our receivers is having a guy that can get the ball to them.
I have no concerns over the receivers.
We just have no clue as to who's going to replace Rudolph.
Let the games begin.