1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Clemson and fsu to big 12?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by cowboyethics344, Feb 5, 2012.

1. PistolPete'sMustache

A/V Subscriber PistolPete'sMustache Wrangler

TCU had already committed to the Big East, so it still possible to turn them. I would like to have Pitt to preserve the Backyard Brawl as part of the conference. They would be easier to sway than FSU/GT/Clemson, etc, because those schools have a long affiliation with ACC. Also, UConn could slip right into Pitt's spot in the ACC. UConn always seemed like a better fit for the ACC than Pitt, but what do I know.
  2. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

Looking at the ratings since 1991 (first year of the NBC/ND TV contract), the NBC ratings have fallen drastically the last 10 years when it comes to televising ND games. Their biggest draws have been vs. US, vs. Michigan, vs. Michigan State, and vs Navy.

The rest of their home games that NBC has televised has not lived up to their contract. The current contract ends in 2015. NBC is uncertain if they will match their current offer of $1.2 million per home game to broadcast ND home games.

So NBC will likely be looking to get a bigger piece of the market....and the Big 12 is ripe for the picking.
  3. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

Yeah, I wondered about that last part too. Jacksonville is the biggest city down the road, but it's not exclusively Gator country. At least I didn't get that impression from my couple of visits.
  4. TouchdownCowboys

TouchdownCowboys Wrangler

1.2 x 7 < each Big 12 school gets currently

Maybe they should be Beebe to negotiate the next deal
    CrazySooner likes this.
  5. NJAggie

NJAggie Deputy

Yes, and TCU agreed to join the Big East.
  6. OKCFan

OKCFan Wrangler

little bit different situation, though. it remains to be seen if Pitt could get out of the ACC as easily as TCU got out of the big east.