Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
India about to cross the 1000 per day positive tests.

On Friday a man in the slums Dharavi died from coronavirus and several members of his family tested positve. 300 homes and 90 stores in the slum have been sealed up and people aren't allowed to leave.

The city of Dharavi where this happened has 1 million people with a density of 280,000 people per square kilometer which is 30x higher population density vs New York City

Jan 14, 2006
well he detailed the whole thing in about 17+ consecutive Tweets this morning personally. So unless he is over exaggerating himself and the work of the NYC Medical Examiner Office and the NYC Health Council, then I'm going to take what the chairman of that council says as what happened
How about their Governor? Hospital admissions their lowest since March 15th.

It's ok to post positive news and hope.
Screenshot_20200406-122222_Twitter.jpg

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
India about to cross the 1000 per day positive tests.

On Friday a man in the slums Dharavi died from coronavirus and several members of his family tested positve. 300 homes and 90 stores in the slum have been sealed up and people aren't allowed to leave.

The city of Dharavi where this happened has 1 million people with a density of 280,000 people per square kilometer which is 30x higher population density vs New York City
I've been watching this site someone posted on here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

India and China are such a lol with their numbers. China is lying and I don't think India knows WTF is going on. They are reporting 118 total deaths. There are apartment buildings in India with more than that.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
It's just a contingency plan as of now, but they are preparing for this to happen. This is grim. Really really grim.

In a city the size of NYC, you'd think they could handle more stiffs than this. There has to be a bunch of people up there that die every day, just because it's their time, or due to crime and other natural and unnatural causes. To think that a city that size is being overrun with dead to the point they are going to start interment in parks, in mass graves.

Holy. Shit.
Candace Owens tweeted earlier that 450ish people die everyday on average in NYC.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
well he detailed the whole thing in about 17+ consecutive Tweets this morning personally. So unless he is over exaggerating himself and the work of the NYC Medical Examiner Office and the NYC Health Council, then I'm going to take what the chairman of that council says as what happened

https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1247181795076046854

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1247181795076046854
this is what I said
Binman4OSU said:
So the Chairman of the New York City Council on Health who has been working on this is said they Medical Examiners office has 100's of people working 24/7 on how to deal with a mass death event and who is the Chair of the council that just approved this contingency plan this morning if deaths continue at this level is just grossly exaggerating the work he is doing?

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
this is what I said
Binman4OSU said:
So the Chairman of the New York City Council on Health who has been working on this is said they Medical Examiners office has 100's of people working 24/7 on how to deal with a mass death event and who is the Chair of the council that just approved this contingency plan this morning if deaths continue at this level is just grossly exaggerating the work he is doing?

I know. As unlikely as it may seem, I agree with you.

Don't faint.

Nov 6, 2010
Cuomo mentioned today that regular hospitalizations are way down for things like accidents and crime due to the shut down, so I'm sure that applies to deaths to a lesser degree as well.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I've been watching this site someone posted on here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

India and China are such a lol with their numbers. China is lying and I don't think India knows WTF is going on. They are reporting 118 total deaths. There are apartment buildings in India with more than that.
India deaths may be accurate as they are much further back than a lot of countries on the timeline (first admitted case was not that long ago). But when it is said and done I bet most of the world will be shocked by their death totals.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
India deaths may be accurate as they are much further back than a lot of countries on the timeline (first admitted case was not that long ago). But when it is said and done I bet most of the world will be shocked by their death totals.
Will probably give us a better idea of China's REAL totals...

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't know how they could ever get a reasonably accurate count. In the time it took me to post this a number of the 1.3 billion people there have died and nobody will ever accurately account for those covid related.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ke...s-many-fewer-us-deaths/ar-BB12edu1?li=BBnb7Kz

Been keeping an eye on this University of Washington model since last week. Heard one of the scientists involved with it talking about their methodology, etc..., & what struck me is how different their numbers were/are. He talked a lot about how basing the projection of the spread on what's happened in NYC, specifically, is perhaps not the best way to project it for the rest of the country.

He went on to cite the projected hospitalization rates for various states Wednesday April 1. The projections for every single state were not even close to actual numbers. Thankfully, the projections overstated the number of hospitalizations wildly. Some states saw 10% of the hospitizations predicted.

In 4 days, their model projects 15,000 less deaths. It's also a number that's rapidly approaching just a third of the projected 200,000 that's been widely accepted for a few weeks now.

"The University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) now predicts that 81,766 people will die of COVID-19 in the U.S. through early August. When the model was last updated, on April 2, it predicted 11,765 deaths more deaths, for a total of 93,531.

The model, which has been cited by the White House, relies on numbers from China, Italy, Spain, and areas around the U.S. The change in prediction is due to “a massive infusion of new data,” IHME director Dr. Christopher Murray said in a press release.
According to its website, the IHME model was developed to “provide hospitals, health-care workers, policymakers, and the public with crucial information about what demands COVID-19 may place on hospital capacity and resources, so that they could begin to plan.” The model’s latest update includes several important changes related to that planning. Many fewer hospital beds will be needed at peak than previously anticipated, according to the new projections. The April 5 update predicts the need for 140,823 total hospital beds and 29,210 ICU beds at the peak of the outbreak. Those numbers are down 121,269 and 10,517, respectively"