Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Johns Hopkins Univ Center for Health Security says many antibody tests show that virus not at deadly as first thought. The estimate before of 5% was based on people who had tested positive vs how many had died.

Estimate the mortality rate is between 0.5 and 1% right now after test of people who had a mild form and recovered without knowing test numbers have been added to their information from antibody testing
But the regular percentage of deaths from the regular flu is 0.1%. So the expected mortality rate from this coronavirus is 5 to 10 times the regular flu. This is still a massive number of deaths.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Fauci would be like a fire chief when the alarm sounds at the school he drives the speed limit because there is nothing to fear. When he gets there it’s fully involved and he instructs the firemen to find a garden hose to squirt on the fire. The guy is supposed to be working on infectious disease mitigation every day and is completely out of his league when the day comes. If I’m reading this correctly this is the 19th variation of coronavirus so it’s not like it’s something out of the blue. I vaccinate my cattle every year for coronavirus.

How much are we paying him every year?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Fauci would be like a fire chief when the alarm sounds at the school he drives the speed limit because there is nothing to fear. When he gets there it’s fully involved and he instructs the firemen to find a garden hose to squirt on the fire. The guy is supposed to be working on infectious disease mitigation every day and is completely out of his league when the day comes. If I’m reading this correctly this is the 19th variation of coronavirus so it’s not like it’s something out of the blue. I vaccinate my cattle every year for coronavirus.

I don't know much about cattle..but I do know something about medicine. I am a physician with experience as has Dr. Fauci in immunopathology. I may not agree with Dr. Fauci...I have not heard everything he has said...but I deeply admire and respect his views and listen to him as often as possible. We are dealing with
a new and poorly understood virus. We are learning as we go and making decisions on the fly. Of course we make mistakes. Who doesn't! But we are gearing up to prevent it from happening from another as yet unknown even more deadly virus outbreak.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

In this case, the fire alarm went off in a different country, and the different country didn't alert the fire chief that every building in their town was on fire or that it would spread when people traveled out of the different country, or that water wouldn't put it out. So, when he drove to the school he drove the speed limit because he didn't know that he needed to hurry. China lied, people died.

Fauci is a very smart man, but he doesn't have ESP or a crystal ball. It is something out of the blue, it is a novel coronavirus that hasn't been reported in humans before.

Do you vaccinate your cattle every year for SARS-CoV-2? Of course not, because the world had never heard of SARS-CoV-2 before. Nor do you vaccinate your cattle for SARS-CoV-1, MERS-CoV, or HCoV. You vaccinate your cattle for bovine coronavirus (BCV) which doesn't infect humans, otherwise humans could just take the BCV vaccine.

Effing moron.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I don't know much about cattle..but I do know something about medicine. I am a physician with experience as has Dr. Fauci in immunopathology. I may not agree with Dr. Fauci...I have not heard everything he has said...but I deeply admire and respect his views and listen to him as often as possible. We are dealing with
a new and poorly understood virus. We are learning as we go and making decisions on the fly. Of course we make mistakes. Who doesn't! But we are gearing up to prevent it from happening from another as yet unknown even more deadly virus outbreak.
What have you learned from him that has been helpful? I’m curious if doctors have access to more knowledge than the general public because some of his public statements have been ridiculous.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Well, in my experience at least half the population tend to be idiots in every day life doing every day things. No surprise here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone who says something like this assumes they're in the half that don't tend to be idiots in everyday life.
And welfare, food stamps, substance abuse, homelessness, fatherless homes, rampant mental health issues, prison populations, all indicate what? We’re a society full of practicing geniuses? SMFH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I guess my frustration with him is not necessarily questioning his intelligence it’s questioning his judgement as a person in his position. When he comes out the end of February and says it’s no big deal then two weeks later we must dynamite the entire country that is really poor judgment. That agency should have had a plan in place for a new virus that was unknown. Instead it seem they were caught flat footed and didn’t know what to do. They guy loves tv time. Instead of telling us to no worry about it how about saying this is new, we are learning more everyday, ways your hands stay away from people as much as possible and nursing homes need to take precautions now. That would have saved more lives than any action taken so far. Instead we closed small business and forced more people into fewer locations and heavier concentrations.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma

I miss quoted my analogy here. It’s equal to the alarm going off (2/29) Fauci takes two weeks to get there because “it’s no big deal” and when he arrives on scene he orders them to dynamite the whole city (economy) because that’s the only way to stop it.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This company is just absolutely delivering on what they said they would do
https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1266357044195581953

They are also starting a test pilot in Houston (IIRC) soon where they will start making prescription deliveries to peoples homes through autonomous driven vehicles

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I guess my frustration with him is not necessarily questioning his intelligence it’s questioning his judgement as a person in his position. When he comes out the end of February and says it’s no big deal then two weeks later we must dynamite the entire country that is really poor judgment. That agency should have had a plan in place for a new virus that was unknown. Instead it seem they were caught flat footed and didn’t know what to do. They guy loves tv time. Instead of telling us to no worry about it how about saying this is new, we are learning more everyday, ways your hands stay away from people as much as possible and nursing homes need to take precautions now. That would have saved more lives than any action taken so far. Instead we closed small business and forced more people into fewer locations and heavier concentrations.
To my best knowledge neither Dr. Fauci or any other health official has the power to close down or open up
any facility. They merely recommend actions. It's up to our federal, state and local elected officials to make
those decisions.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
1590772317287.png

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I miss quoted my analogy here. It’s equal to the alarm going off (2/29) Fauci takes two weeks to get there because “it’s no big deal” and when he arrives on scene he orders them to dynamite the whole city (economy) because that’s the only way to stop it.
Keep changing it, maybe one day you'll get it right.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
To my best knowledge neither Dr. Fauci or any other health official has the power to close down or open up
any facility. They merely recommend actions. It's up to our federal, state and local elected officials to make
those decisions.
They don’t follow the recommended advice and all we hear is you’re not listening to the experts. Those people are in a no win situation