Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Got you both beat. In working as veterinarian tech, one of my duties was to hold animals for euthanasia because their families were too torn up by the thought. Nothing worse than having an animal put down while your the last one to see in their eyes as they beg you not to do it. Cried so many times that I decided not to become a vet.
Yeah, that's heartbreaking. But as far as pure ick, standing in human excrement is worse. Think about this, as we know now, there would be coronavirus in that excrement.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Yeah, that's heartbreaking. But as far as pure ick, standing in human excrement is worse. Think about this, as we know now, there would be coronavirus in that excrement.
Yeah another of my college jobs, one of my favorite jobs was also as a veterinary assistant. Sure there were some sad days just like @llcoolw described... and there were some really icky days like pulling a lodged 2 week old stillborn calf (one of the most horrific smells I’ve ever come across) and you were constantly fwapped in the face with feces covered tails from pretty much every creature, and don’t get me started on exploding abscesses...

but yeah, standing in human sh*t tops all of that for sure for me! I’ve had cow sh*t slapped right in my mouth and didn’t even flinch, but make me step in to a human sewer and I’d smurfing gag uncontrollably.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Yeah another of my college jobs, one of my favorite jobs was also as a veterinary assistant. Sure there were some sad days just like @llcoolw described... and there were some really icky days like pulling a lodged 2 week old stillborn calf (one of the most horrific smells I’ve ever come across) and you were constantly fwapped in the face with feces covered tails from pretty much every creature, and don’t get me started on exploding abscesses...

but yeah, standing in human sh*t tops all of that for sure for me! I’ve had cow sh*t slapped right in my mouth and didn’t even flinch, but make me step in to a human sewer and I’d smurfing gag uncontrollably.
The only feces that stop me in my tracks are human baby poops.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Which is exactly what I had to do. Doc just stood there and instructed and observed... from a distance... said it would build character or some sh*t like that.
I guess I never built enough character during my residency, I did the antibiotic pharmacokinetics from the nurse's station and didn't assist in debriding the wound. The debriding failed, his junk ended up having to be amputated, and then he died anyway. Come to think of it, my antibiotic dosing failed too. But, frankly, he was probably dead when he hit the ER.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
How in the hell did he manage to get gangrene in his balls?
Sat on a nail at a softball game on the res down by Lawton. Treated and released from the IHS hospital, without antibiotics. Only a tetanus booster. I even remember his name. I remember his height and weight and creatinine clearance. It's one of those cases that burns into your memory. If I close my eyes I can still smell it. It was horrific, even at the nurse's station. God bless the nurses going into his room and changing the wraps.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
US has sent 2 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to Brazil
https://twitter.com/tulsaworld/status/1267461170337849346

They having an outbreak of malaria?

Can't think of any other reason for this.
Don't like that countries are using it for prevention are you. Must be a sad life you live

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk