Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
Well seeing the story today that the Navy is requiring all sailors to mask up on ships deployed right now in the Pacific...I assume they must know something about mask that makes them important. If it is important for our men and women serving in the military to do by masking up. Then I think I will follow that guideline

I would hate to be the person who is asymptomatic and ventured out in public and infected a police officer, or a member of or military, or someone who is high risk because I didn't take a precaution that I have been told is necessary and works
Only our country cares and other countries like South Korea, Italy and Germany don't?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Phoenix mayor says she needs supplies and support from the state and federal govts immediately

Said people are waiting up to 8hrs for testing in their cars daily for testing where the temp is 117 degrees. Said people's cars are running out of gas and breaking down waiting

Said test results are taking 8 days plus for results

Said hospitals are running out of PPE gear

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. I do my duty and mask up for the sake of my loved ones, but a part of me thinks weaponization on both monetary and political fronts is afoot. I could be wrong, but I don't believe other countries that have been affected by COVID have done this. I have a friend that lives in Italy that was going on and on about how bad things were over there and now, hardly a peep.
I’m with you. I mask up when I go out and only go out as necessary. But I really don’t know what to believe. Almost no one cares about the truth, only their preferred narrative.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
When looking at Unique testing only not including repeat testing in Oklahoma our testing numbers are MUCH different

https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/status/1280884443998281728

https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/status/1280884700324732931

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So I have a family of friends who all got the virus and are now all better. In the process of getting better they tested one of their older teen boys 3 times to try to get a negative as he was healing so he could start his 14 day process to go back to work...Each time it was a positive and each time it counted as a new covid case even though it was ONLY one case...Does anyone know how common this is?

Apologies, I just read what Binman4OSU posted to confirm this right after posting it. :derp:
Still, however, would love to know just how skewed our case numbers are. They are 3 to 1 inflated on this young mans case.

Last edited:

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
So I have a family of friends who all got the virus and are now all better. In the process of getting better they tested one of their older teen boys 3 times to try to get a negative as he was healing so he could start his 14 day process to go back to work...Each time it was a positive and each time it counted as a new covid case even though it was ONLY one case...Does anyone know how common this is?

Apologies, I just read what Binman4OSU posted to confirm this right after posting it. :derp:
Still, however, would love to know just how skewed our case numbers are. They are 3 to 1 inflated on this young mans case.
If that happened to them, I can only imagine how many other instances of that have occurred nation wide. Makes a huge difference for sure.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
As expected, the Tuesday spike continues. By far our largest spike in new cases and hospitalizations are up. Not good.

7/7/20

858 new cases
5 new deaths (0 occurred within the past 24-hours)
573 newly recovered
426 currently hospitalized
211 ICU beds available (23%)
4.394% positive test rate
7/8/20

673 new cases
3 new deaths (0 occurred within the past 24-hours) 1 - 50-64, 2 - 65+
533 newly recovered
458 currently hospitalized
211 ICU beds available (21%)
4.500% positive test rate

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
7/8/20

673 new cases
3 new deaths (0 occurred within the past 24-hours) 1 - 50-64, 2 - 65+
533 newly recovered
458 currently hospitalized
211 ICU beds available (21%)
4.500% positive test rate
Interesting thing about ICU beds, I just heard on the radio mind you, that typically ICU beds are 90% or greater in use and that they are lower due to people postponing non Covid surgeries or outright not getting medical attention when they need it. Can anyone confirm "normal" rate of ICU bed usage prior to covid?

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Interesting thing about ICU beds, I just heard on the radio mind you, that typically ICU beds are 90% or greater in use and that they are lower due to people postponing non Covid surgeries or outright not getting medical attention when they need it. Can anyone confirm "normal" rate of ICU bed usage prior to covid?
Would be interesting to know. I can tell you anecdotally that I had a family member recently in a major hospital and while there I was told by a nurse and a doctor that the ICU has felt like a ghost town since the pandemic compared to usual. And I must say I’ve never seen so many nurses and techs standing around at the floor reception area doing nothing and just shooting the breeze.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Would be interesting to know. I can tell you anecdotally that I had a family member recently in a major hospital and while there I was told by a nurse and a doctor that the ICU has felt like a ghost town since the pandemic compared to usual. And I must say I’ve never seen so many nurses and techs standing around at the floor reception area doing nothing and just shooting the breeze.
According to Governor Desantos in Florida, typically ICU use is 95% of capacity, so, according to him, they are under normal capacity and he was very concerned that people who normally go to the hospital are not doing it and they need too. He's also concerned with the spread of the virus among younger people right now as the percentages per 100K positive test are up. So it was a mixed bag, but he said the hospitals in his state are fine.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
/me looks out window at dogs boinking....

yup.