Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
New published study concludes COVID was in the US and spreading in Dec 2019 before China had ever publicly announced their first case.

There is no doubt COVID originated in China....but it seems like it was already spreading across the globe before it even became a headline

Mar 11, 2006
Chief of the Cherokee nation

https://twitter.com/ChuckHoskin_Jr/status/1333588687259643912
I wonder if Chief Hoskin realizes that Oklahoma has a lower COVID death rate per capita than every single surrounding state? Lower than AR, TX, NM, CO, KS, and MO.

Although I am not arguing that wearing mask work to curb spread, there have been multiple studies that show low to no correlation between infection rates in mask mandated communities vs ones without.

Seems to me that Chief Hoskin is looking to deflect criticism since many members of the tribe feel Hoskins is corrupt. Including former Chief Smith who is accusing him of illegal activity.

Last edited:

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
I wonder if Chief Hoskin realizes that Oklahoma has a lower COVID death rate per capita than every single surrounding state? Lower than AR, TX, NM, CO, KS, and MO.

Although I am not arguing that wearing mask work to curb spread, there have been multiple studies that show low to no correlation between infection rates in mask mandated communities vs ones without.

Seems to me that Chief Hoskin is looking to deflect criticism since many members of the tribe feel Hoskins is corrupt. Including former Chief Smith who is accusing him of illegal activity.
The state I live in, Illinois issued a statewide mask mandate on April 30th. Everyone has been wearing masks this whole time. They are ubiquitous. Unfortunately IL is now 4th in the nation in total cases. Masks make sense but they aren't quite the magic bullet that some people claim.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Timeline of Trump’s Coronavirus Responses
November 19, 2020
May 2018
The Administration disbands the White House pandemic response team.
July 2019
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency left her post, and the Administration decided to eliminate the role.
October 2019
“Currently, there are insufficient funding sources designated for the federal government to use in response to a severe influenza pandemic.” [Crimson Contagion exercise findings]
January 22
“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
January 24
Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”
January 30
"The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on US soil,...This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.” [Memo from Trump Trade Advisor Peter Navarro]
February 2
“We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 7
“It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
February 10
“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
February 10
“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
February 24
“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25
“CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25
“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26
“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26
“We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 26
“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”
February 26
"This is a flu. This is like a flu."
February 27
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
February 28
“We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 6
“I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6
“You have to be calm. It’ll go away.”
March 6
“I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 7
“When we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”
March 7
“No, I’m not concerned at all.
March 10
“Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 11
“It goes away….It’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.”
March 12
"You know, you see what's going on. And so I just wanted that to stop as it pertains to the United States. And that's what we've done. We've stopped it."
March 13
“I don’t take responsibility at all.”
March 14
“I’d rate it a ten,” [Trump’s rating of his coronavirus response]
March 15
“Relax”
March 15
“This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
March 17
“The only thing we haven’t done well is get good press.”
March 17
“I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 19
I intended "to always play it down.” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
March 22
“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.”
March 24
“I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”
March 24
“We’ve never closed down the country for the flu,” Trump said. “So you say to yourself, what is this all about?”
March 24
“They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”
March 27
“I want them to be appreciative. We've done a great job.”
March 29
“Unfortunately the enemy is death. It's death. A lot of people are dying. So it's very unpleasant.”
March 30
"Stay calm, it will go away. You know it -- you know it is going away, and it will go away, and we're going to have a great victory."
March 31
“...it’s not the flu. It’s vicious.”
April 1
“They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”
April 6
“LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!”
April 9
“I couldn’t have done it any better,” [When asked if his coronavirus response could have been better]
April 14
“Enough!” [When a reporter questioned his claim that his authority as president is “total”]
April 14
“[w]hen somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total.”
April 22
“If [coronavirus] comes back though, it won’t be coming back in the form that it was, it will be coming back in smaller doses that we can contain….it’s also possible it doesn’t come back at all.”
April 23
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."
April 23
“So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way…”
April 27
"I can't imagine why," [Regarding influx in poison control calls about disinfectant]
April 29
“It’s gonna go away, this is going to go away.”
May 8
“This is going to go away without a vaccine. It is going to go away. We are not going to see it again.”
May 9
“This is going to go away without a vaccine.”
May 11
“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere. Big progress being made!”
May 11
“We have met the moment and we have prevailed,”
May 15
“Vaccine or no vaccine, we’re back. And we’re starting the process. In many cases, they don’t have vaccines and a virus or a flu comes and you fight through it.
May 16
“We’ve done a GREAT job on Covid response, making all Governors look good, some fantastic (and that’s OK), but the Lamestream Media doesn’t want to go with that narrative, and the Do Nothing Dems talking point is to say only bad about “Trump”. I made everybody look good, but me!”
May 29
“We will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization”
June 15
“At some point this stuff goes away and it’s going away.”
June 17
“It’s fading away. It’s going to fade away.”
June 18
“And it is dying out. The numbers are starting to get very good.”
June 23
"It's going away,"
July 1
“I think we’re going to be very good with the coronavirus.” “I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of disappear, I hope.”
July 7
"I think we are in a good place."
July 7
The president predicted that in the next two to four weeks, "I think we're going to be in very good shape."
July 19
“I think we have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world”
July 19
“Many of those cases are young people that would heal in a day”
“They have the sniffles, and we put it down as a test”
August 3
"I think we are doing very well and I think ... as well as any nation,"
August 3
"They are dying. That's true. And you — it is what it is.”
August 3
“Right now I think it’s under control.”
August 4
"...we have among the lowest numbers." - White House Press Briefing
August 5
“If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease.”
August 5
“It will go away like things go away”
August 22
“Many doctors and studies disagree with this!” (Donald Trump in a quote tweet of a Twitter moment stating that the FDA is revoking hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 treatment, as they are “unlikely to be effective”)
August 31
"We've done a great job in Covid but we don't get the credit."
September 10
“I really do believe that we are rounding the corner. The vaccines are right there”
September 10
“We've possibly done the best job”
September 10
“We have rounded the final turn”
September 10
“I think that we've probably done the best job of any country”
September 14
Trump, was asked if he is afraid of Coronavirus risk at his rallies: “I’m on a stage, it’s very far away, so I’m not at all concerned.”
September 21
"We're rounding the corner," "With or without a vaccine. They hate when I say that but that's the way it is. ... We've done a phenomenal job. Not just a good job, a phenomenal job. Other than public relations, but that's because I have fake news. On public relations, I give myself a D. On the job itself, we take an A+."
September 21
"In some states, thousands of people — nobody young. Below the age of 18, like, nobody. They have a strong immune system, who knows? Take your hat off to the young, because they have a hell of an immune system. But it affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing.”
September 23
"I think we’re rounding the turn very much."
September 28
"And I say, and I’ll say it all the time: We’re rounding the corner. And, very importantly, vaccines are coming, but we’re rounding the corner regardless. But vaccines are coming, and they’re coming fast. "
September 29
"Well, so far we have had no problem whatsoever. " (referring to crowds of thousands at rallies)

"I don’t wear a mask like him. Every time you see him, he’s got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away from him and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen."
October 2
Trump and First Lady test positive for Coronavirus. Also, more than a dozen White House staff and aides tested positive.
October 5

“Don’t be afraid of Covid.”
October 10
"But it’s going to disappear; it is disappearing."
October 11
"...We have done a “phenomenal” job, according to certain governors. Many people agree...And now come the Vaccines & Cures, long ahead of projections!"
October 12
"Under my leadership, we're delivering a safe vaccine and a rapid recovery like nobody can even believe. And if you look at our upward path, no country in the world has recovered the way we've recovered economically or otherwise, not even close."
October 12
“I went through it. Now, they say I'm immune. I can feel—I feel so powerful.”
October 19
"People are saying whatever. Just leave us alone. They’re tired of it. People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots...Fauci is a nice guy. He’s been here for 500 years."
October 19
"They are getting tired of the pandemic, aren't they? You turn on CNN, that's all they cover. 'Covid, Covid, Pandemic, Covid, Covid.' You know why? They're trying to talk everybody out of voting. People aren't buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards."
October 22
"We are rounding the turn (on coronavirus). We are rounding the corner.”
October 24
“Turn on television: ‘covid, covid, covid, covid, covid.’ A plane goes down, 500 people dead, they don’t talk about it — ‘covid, covid, covid, covid,’ “By the way, on November 4th, you won’t hear about it anymore.”
October 30
"More Testing equals more Cases. We have best testing. Deaths WAY DOWN. Hospitals have great additional capacity! Doing much better than Europe. Therapeutics working!"
November 18
U.S. death toll passes 250,000

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Timeline of Trump’s Coronavirus Responses
November 19, 2020
May 2018
The Administration disbands the White House pandemic response team.
July 2019
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency left her post, and the Administration decided to eliminate the role.
October 2019
“Currently, there are insufficient funding sources designated for the federal government to use in response to a severe influenza pandemic.” [Crimson Contagion exercise findings]
January 22
“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
January 24
Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”
January 30
"The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on US soil,...This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.” [Memo from Trump Trade Advisor Peter Navarro]
February 2
“We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 7
“It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
February 10
“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
February 10
“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
February 24
“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25
“CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25
“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26
“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26
“We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 26
“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”
February 26
"This is a flu. This is like a flu."
February 27
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
February 28
“We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 6
“I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6
“You have to be calm. It’ll go away.”
March 6
“I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 7
“When we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”
March 7
“No, I’m not concerned at all.
March 10
“Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 11
“It goes away….It’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.”
March 12
"You know, you see what's going on. And so I just wanted that to stop as it pertains to the United States. And that's what we've done. We've stopped it."
March 13
“I don’t take responsibility at all.”
March 14
“I’d rate it a ten,” [Trump’s rating of his coronavirus response]
March 15
“Relax”
March 15
“This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
March 17
“The only thing we haven’t done well is get good press.”
March 17
“I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 19
I intended "to always play it down.” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
March 22
“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.”
March 24
“I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”
March 24
“We’ve never closed down the country for the flu,” Trump said. “So you say to yourself, what is this all about?”
March 24
March 27
“I want them to be appreciative. We've done a great job.”
March 29
“Unfortunately the enemy is death. It's death. A lot of people are dying. So it's very unpleasant.”
March 30
"Stay calm, it will go away. You know it -- you know it is going away, and it will go away, and we're going to have a great victory."
March 31
“...it’s not the flu. It’s vicious.”
April 1
April 6
“LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!”
April 9
“I couldn’t have done it any better,” [When asked if his coronavirus response could have been better]
April 14
“Enough!” [When a reporter questioned his claim that his authority as president is “total”]
April 14
“[w]hen somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total.”
April 22
“If [coronavirus] comes back though, it won’t be coming back in the form that it was, it will be coming back in smaller doses that we can contain….it’s also possible it doesn’t come back at all.”
April 23
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."
April 23
“So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way…”
April 27
"I can't imagine why," [Regarding influx in poison control calls about disinfectant]
April 29
“It’s gonna go away, this is going to go away.”
May 8
“This is going to go away without a vaccine. It is going to go away. We are not going to see it again.”
May 9
“This is going to go away without a vaccine.”
May 11
“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere. Big progress being made!”
May 11
“We have met the moment and we have prevailed,”
May 15
“Vaccine or no vaccine, we’re back. And we’re starting the process. In many cases, they don’t have vaccines and a virus or a flu comes and you fight through it.
May 16
“We’ve done a GREAT job on Covid response, making all Governors look good, some fantastic (and that’s OK), but the Lamestream Media doesn’t want to go with that narrative, and the Do Nothing Dems talking point is to say only bad about “Trump”. I made everybody look good, but me!”
May 29
“We will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization”
June 15
“At some point this stuff goes away and it’s going away.”
June 17
“It’s fading away. It’s going to fade away.”
June 18
“And it is dying out. The numbers are starting to get very good.”
June 23
"It's going away,"
July 1
“I think we’re going to be very good with the coronavirus.” “I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of disappear, I hope.”
July 7
"I think we are in a good place."
July 7
The president predicted that in the next two to four weeks, "I think we're going to be in very good shape."
July 19
“I think we have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world”
July 19
“Many of those cases are young people that would heal in a day”
“They have the sniffles, and we put it down as a test”
August 3
"I think we are doing very well and I think ... as well as any nation,"
August 3
"They are dying. That's true. And you — it is what it is.”
August 3
“Right now I think it’s under control.”
August 4
"...we have among the lowest numbers." - White House Press Briefing
August 5
“If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease.”
August 5
“It will go away like things go away”
August 22
“Many doctors and studies disagree with this!” (Donald Trump in a quote tweet of a Twitter moment stating that the FDA is revoking hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 treatment, as they are “unlikely to be effective”)
August 31
"We've done a great job in Covid but we don't get the credit."
September 10
“I really do believe that we are rounding the corner. The vaccines are right there”
September 10
“We've possibly done the best job”
September 10
“We have rounded the final turn”
September 10
“I think that we've probably done the best job of any country”
September 14
Trump, was asked if he is afraid of Coronavirus risk at his rallies: “I’m on a stage, it’s very far away, so I’m not at all concerned.”
September 21
"We're rounding the corner," "With or without a vaccine. They hate when I say that but that's the way it is. ... We've done a phenomenal job. Not just a good job, a phenomenal job. Other than public relations, but that's because I have fake news. On public relations, I give myself a D. On the job itself, we take an A+."
September 21
"In some states, thousands of people — nobody young. Below the age of 18, like, nobody. They have a strong immune system, who knows? Take your hat off to the young, because they have a hell of an immune system. But it affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing.”
September 23
"I think we’re rounding the turn very much."
September 28
"And I say, and I’ll say it all the time: We’re rounding the corner. And, very importantly, vaccines are coming, but we’re rounding the corner regardless. But vaccines are coming, and they’re coming fast. "
September 29
"Well, so far we have had no problem whatsoever. " (referring to crowds of thousands at rallies)

"I don’t wear a mask like him. Every time you see him, he’s got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away from him and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen."
October 2
Trump and First Lady test positive for Coronavirus. Also, more than a dozen White House staff and aides tested positive.
October 5

“Don’t be afraid of Covid.”
October 10
"But it’s going to disappear; it is disappearing."
October 11
"...We have done a “phenomenal” job, according to certain governors. Many people agree...And now come the Vaccines & Cures, long ahead of projections!"
October 12
"Under my leadership, we're delivering a safe vaccine and a rapid recovery like nobody can even believe. And if you look at our upward path, no country in the world has recovered the way we've recovered economically or otherwise, not even close."
October 12
“I went through it. Now, they say I'm immune. I can feel—I feel so powerful.”
October 19
"People are saying whatever. Just leave us alone. They’re tired of it. People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots...Fauci is a nice guy. He’s been here for 500 years."
October 19
"They are getting tired of the pandemic, aren't they? You turn on CNN, that's all they cover. 'Covid, Covid, Pandemic, Covid, Covid.' You know why? They're trying to talk everybody out of voting. People aren't buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards."
October 22
"We are rounding the turn (on coronavirus). We are rounding the corner.”
October 24
“Turn on television: ‘covid, covid, covid, covid, covid.’ A plane goes down, 500 people dead, they don’t talk about it — ‘covid, covid, covid, covid,’ “By the way, on November 4th, you won’t hear about it anymore.”
October 30
"More Testing equals more Cases. We have best testing. Deaths WAY DOWN. Hospitals have great additional capacity! Doing much better than Europe. Therapeutics working!"
November 18
U.S. death toll passes 250,000
and people don't understand why the US Public went to the polls in record numbers to vote this man out of office and remove his "leadership" for an ONGOING and WORSENING Pandemic

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
and people don't understand why the US Public went to the polls in record numbers to vote this man out of office and remove his "leadership" for an ONGOING and WORSENING Pandemic
As a physician I still don't understand why people take the advice of any politician (ususally a lawyer) to protect
them from death. This is an unfolding disease that even experts who have spent their life studing this and other similar viruses continue to learn and sometime disagree about how best prevent and treat Covid-19.