1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

COWBOY BASEBALL

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Ride Em Cowboys, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Ride Em Cowboys

Ride Em Cowboys Wrangler

How much longer will Holder be satisfied with a less than average baseball program? Something must be done to improve the situation. Maybe a new coach????? How many more years does Frank have left on his current contract?

2. im4okst

im4okst Protecting this house. A/V Subscriber

Oh good lord.

Shackdaddy and Carneyman14 like this.
  3. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Sheriff

2 Years, 3 Monthes, 14 Days, 3 Hours, 26 Minutes, and 11 seconds.

Then he will decide he is in favor of scrapping the program in favor of a Kabuki Theater Program.

He is fired shortly afterwords of course, only to be replaced by the Kabuki director.

William McEwan likes this.
  4. Pistolp

Pistolp Deputy

We currently are rebuilding and have a mediocre Big 12 team. My impression (and correct me if I'm wrong) our baseball facilities and support overall are about the same - mediocre in the Big 12. Given that, whom could we hire that we could reasonably expect to do any better?

Something about you get what you pay for?

5. teibbor

teibbor Moderator Staff A/V Subscriber

Bill Self?

MSteph57 and Pistolp like this.
  6. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Sheriff

I'm sorry, this post was excessively sarcastic.

I'm leaving it up because it amuses me, but you don't deserve the attack.

William McEwan likes this.
  7. Pistolp

Pistolp Deputy

We could afford to pay him more if he coached both.

8. teibbor

teibbor Moderator Staff A/V Subscriber

yup just like high school. He can teach drivers Ed too and that would help Nash out.

9. CBM2

CBM2 Greenhorn

Point: Facilities bad.
    Counter: Frank bad.
    Point: Better facilities, Frank better.
    Counter: Frank still bad.
    Interjection: Ward never this bad.
    Point: Ward have good facilities, Frank have bad facilities.
    Counter: Ward would have won with facilities.
    Point: Oh, so you know?
    Interjection: Weeden for President!

There, I've condensed everything into one post. No need to continue.

SEKPoke and pokesmoke16 like this.
  10. poke44osu

poke44osu Cowboy

Look at OU football. After Switzer you had a down period with coaches that underachieved for that program. What happened when the right coach got there.....WIN. OSU baseball is still very reccognized by recruits and others as a top flight baseball program. There is NO DOUBT a change is necessary. The change MUST be someone from within the OSU baseball family. Someone who was a part of what GW worked so hard to build. Proof is in Norman that if you win big for a while, a period of loosing does not ruin the program, you just have to be proactive and get the right guy in place.

As bad as it sounds, I would bet there are a lot of people out there that say, I want to see em do well, but a part of me wants them to tank so we HAVE to make a change.

Being a proud alumni of the program, I want Anderson and the team to finish strong this year, but I also believe we need to bring back someone with history in the program as part of what has shaped them as a coach. I feel like I am watching a hijacked program! It's like some outsider took over and changed a philosophy and tradition that won 16 straight conference championships. There are enough of us proud alumni that would get behind a good replacement that you would see a FAST turn around. I talk to people all the time that say back when you played is when I used to go to baseball games in Stillwater. That is sad, but it is true. We need to get back to our roots. Sure worked well in football. I refuse to believe it is the facilities as an x-player. They are better than when I was there. Is it ideal? No, but the surface is as good as anywhere you will play, and if there are asses in the seats, you only see and hear the atmosphere. We will not get that back until there is a change. Something has got to give.......

11. superpoke

superpoke Sheriff

RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Lather, rinse, reuse as necessary.

12. Carneyman14

Carneyman14 EBDBBnB A/V Subscriber

We were so close to going a day without a Baseball fire Anderson thread

13. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Zing!

14. OSU_CC

OSU_CC Territorial Marshal

So who gets canned first Ford or Anderson?

;)

don't really discuss this people!

But Anderson's done okay. We came within a couple runs this past weekend beating Texas in Austin. Baseball is tough to really dominate. Hopefully we can win a few series in a row and get back in the heat of things come May. We've got a decent team right now. It's not like we aren't meeting expectations. We are a mediocre team playing barely above mediocre at the moment. I don't see that changing no matter who is the coach

15. CTeamPoke

CTeamPoke Wildcard A/V Subscriber

I wouldn't want to play in front of only 45 people every day when I can go to Arkansas or Wichita State and play in front of 2,000+ every night. Maybe if you people who complain so much about it would show up to the games things would change.

I take that back... I would play in front of 45 people every night if I played for the Marlins... but I would also be making a lot of money.

OKST13 and PCpoke83 like this.
  16. Carneyman14

Carneyman14 EBDBBnB A/V Subscriber

bbbut baseballs boring, and its hot, and we suck, and we don't have an OSU as a head coach and we suck and our stadium sucks, Do you know how much gas it takes to get to Stillwater? Do you know how expensive it is to take my kids and wife to the games, when they in turn are playing little league games? rabble rabble rabble.

PlatypusJojo and CTeamPoke like this.
  17. MSteph57

MSteph57 Territorial Marshal A/V Subscriber

[​IMG]

CTeamPoke likes this.
  18. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Sheriff

Actually, it is just because I prefer Softball.

19. PC_cowboy33

PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy A/V Subscriber

Comparing OSU baseball to OU football is a horrible analogy on so many levels. Getting the "right guy" in place works well when you have a huge budget, incredible facilities, and a commitment to win from fans across every single level (something we don't have for OSU baseball and haven't for a while - and that started during the Holliday years).

The whole "it has to be an OSU guy" thing is disturbing to me. Gary Ward wasn't an OSU guy. If we want to win we need to make a financial commitment to winning. Period. That means new facilities (yes it's that big of a deal), a much larger operating budget (particularly helpful in recruiting), better media presence (radio affiliates in OKC and Tulsa would be a start - better video coverage online or on TV would be a big help to rebuild the fanbase), improving the gameday atmosphere with people who actually care about baseball instead of random sports marketing people who can't get the "Bomb Song" on until we touch home plate. Some of it is really easy, some of it takes money, and some of that stuff would just be a bonus but indicative of a program with the full backing and commitment of the Oklahoma State athletic department.

Until we make major improvements to the program it would be foolish and pointless to make a change because no coach worth his salt would get past an interview with us simply based on our budget. Even guys who we think would be a "lock" would think twice about it when they considered what they would be up against in the Big 12. My guess is that Anderson will be here until we're financially able to make the program competitive again...and that could be a while since we still have to build several facilities before baseball.

OKST13 likes this.
  20. Cowboys_Blues

Cowboys_Blues Deputy

Hire ORU's coach! :pistols:Gain a pitcher out of it too!