Cowgirl Soccer Big 12 Champions!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Wait, I thought it was supposed to be us hosting if California lost.... Did I miss something?
I found this on PFB, where they have the score as 2-1 which is incorrect.

"The Cowgirls advance to the second round, where they’ll play the winner of Santa Clara and California. Those teams play Saturday. OSU will also pay close attention to the USC vs. Cal State-Fullerton match on Saturday, as a USC loss would mean Stillwater would host the second and third rounds of the tournament."

Dec 7, 2006
Wait, I thought it was supposed to be us hosting if California lost.... Did I miss something?
You're thinking of USC. USC, which is the 2 seed in our pod, won pretty easily against Cal State Fullerton. The second and third rounds are hosted at the highest seeded team still remaining. As the 3 seed, we needed USC to lose to stay home.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I found this on PFB, where they have the score as 2-1 which is incorrect.

"The Cowgirls advance to the second round, where they’ll play the winner of Santa Clara and California. Those teams play Saturday. OSU will also pay close attention to the USC vs. Cal State-Fullerton match on Saturday, as a USC loss would mean Stillwater would host the second and third rounds of the tournament."
Okay so I'm not crazy. I think I also read it on a press release from OSU but maybe not.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk