DMN -- No one is picking OSU to win versus Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The only time any of those people watch OSU is when we play OU or UT.

We have a serious perception issue with our program and the information department is doing nothing to fix it. Makes me sick.

Jul 25, 2011
The only time any of those people watch OSU is when we play OU or UT.

We have a serious perception issue with our program and the information department is doing nothing to fix it. Makes me sick.
We have a perception issue because we simply are not a blue blood.
As for what a bunch of writers in Tejas think, I could care less.
They did not even realize there was a world outside of Tejas before they joined the Big XII

Feb 18, 2009
I don't blame them.

I have seen a ton of posts ripping the defense saying there is no way they can keep us in the game but to be honest, if we struggle to throw for a couple hundred I don't think the offense can win the game either. Texas is going to load up to stop the run and see if Spencer can beat them with his arm. I haven't seen anything in the first three games that would give me the confidence in our offense to bet on us. We won't man handle their front 7 and as much as I like #3, I don't think we're passing well enough to beat them through the air like LSU did.

Certainly hope I’m wrong but if I was in Vegas, I’d probably give up the 5 and take Texas.

Last edited:

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I don't blame them.

I have seen a ton of posts ripping the defense saying there is no way they can keep us in the game but to be honest, if we struggle to throw for a couple hundred I don't think the offense can win the game either. Texas is going to load up to stop the run and see if Spencer can beat them with his arm. I haven't seen anything in the first three games that would give me the confidence in our offense to bet on us. We won't man handle their front 7 and as much as I like #3, I don't think we're passing well enough to beat them through the air like LSU did.
I think you’re undervaluing our pass offense and overvaluing their pass defense.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
We have a perception issue because we simply are not a blue blood.
As for what a bunch of writers in Tejas think, I could care less.
They did not even realize there was a world outside of Tejas before they joined the Big XII
well we should care. There's 7 million people in DFW and it's a massive market within OSU's addressable market. It's also our most recruited area. Exposure in Dallas is crucial for our athletics programs... and our university as a whole.

Feb 18, 2009
I think you’re undervaluing our pass offense and overvaluing their pass defense.
Certainly possible. I was just going to edit my post to say that I do believe our bomb it deep tendency actually works to our favor against UT.

This will be the first game we don’t own a physical advantage so hopefully the old “take what the defense gives” plays out in our favor.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
What exactly are we supposed to do to fix that?
Get the information in front of them that shows we are one of the winningest programs in college football over the past decade. Put Gundy in front of them. Holder. Players. It doesn't matter who... just get in front of them! Get aggressive about it. Get Gundy a spot on one of the shows on the Ticket. Advertise with them. Something. ANYTHING. I don't care what it is... just do it and make it known that you're at least TRYING.

Media outlets in Oklahoma are NEVER going to give us a fair amount of space or time... it's time to go outside of Oklahoma and get them to do it. Pay them for the space. Give them exclusives. Get them hooked on it.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Certainly possible. I was just going to edit my post to say that I do believe our bomb it deep tendency actually works to our favor against UT.

This will be the first game we don’t own a physical advantage so hopefully the old “take what the defense gives” plays out in our favor.
It will be interesting to see what we do when they bracket Wallace with a corner and a safety. And if they don’t do that, we’ll smoke them with plenty of Wallace bombs.

Assuming they do bracket him, I think we’ll see some play action bombs sent the other way to McCray/Moore. Suck in the run support safety, look Wallace’s way to solidify the bracket, then throw the other way to the 6’6” monsters.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Get the information in front of them that shows we are one of the winningest programs in college football over the past decade. Put Gundy in front of them. Holder. Players. It doesn't matter who... just get in front of them! Get aggressive about it. Get Gundy a spot on one of the shows on the Ticket. Advertise with them. Something. ANYTHING. I don't care what it is... just do it and make it known that you're at least TRYING.

Media outlets in Oklahoma are NEVER going to give us a fair amount of space or time... it's time to go outside of Oklahoma and get them to do it. Pay them for the space. Give them exclusives. Get them hooked on it.
That all assumes we have it in the budget to spend all that money on advertising outside the state. Do we have it? I honestly have no idea.