Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
You're absolutely right. The NVA was a well trained army made exponentially more effective by the guerrilla tactics of the involved civilian population. When matched up with the US in the TET offensive the US dealt a resounding military defeat to them. It also resulted in a resounding political defeat for us at home. The guerrilla element on its own was more effective in day to day action due to their insidious nature and proximity to US ground forces. Guerrilla warfare is proven effective against superior forces there. It's also why we don't speak the Queen's English. I appreciate a different opinion and will reserve comment on the "bad taste" position. I spent 11 months there before I needed to spend the rest in Germany (through and through both legs) and don't take offense to the meme or your comment. I suppose the difference is having been there.

No doubt I'm somewhat insensitive as my history here would indicate. :)

Edit: To be more correct, the guerrillas were more effective at night....but sometimes on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
You're absolutely right. The NVA was a well trained army made exponentially more effective by the guerrilla tactics of the involved civilian population. When matched up with the US in the TET offensive the US dealt a resounding military defeat to them. It also resulted in a resounding political defeat for us at home. The guerrilla element on its own was more effective in day to day action due to their insidious nature and proximity to US ground forces. Guerrilla warfare is proven effective against superior forces there. It's also why we don't speak the Queen's English. I appreciate a different opinion and will reserve comment on the "bad taste" position. I spent 11 months there before I needed to spend the rest in Germany (through and through both legs) and don't take offense to the meme or your comment. I suppose the difference is having been there.

Easily entertained, but every time I hear guerrillas....

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
"Suiting the needs of the country at the time" is NOT what amendments are supposed to be for. Amendments should secure the rights of the people against the government. The 2A is absolutely essential to that. Suiting needs at the time is what the legislative process is for. Laws are, or at least should be much easier to repeal and replace.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
"Suiting the needs of the country at the time" is NOT what amendments are supposed to be for. Amendments should secure the rights of the people against the government. The 2A is absolutely essential to that. Suiting needs at the time is what the legislative process is for. Laws are, or at least should be much easier to repeal and replace.

The country is the people. At the time does not necessarily mean a short time frame as the country is centuries old. I never said anything about wanting it to be easy. While claiming to disagree, your statement about the second amendment agrees with what I wrote.

You are disagreeing just to disagree as what you are disagreeing with is not what I wrote.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

Edit: To be more correct, the guerrillas were more effective at night....but sometimes on a daily basis.
Thanks for your service. I don’t know why that war irks me on so many levels. Having been adopted I suspect my biological father may have been in the fight. It has always rubbed me wrong every time I watch a documentary or studied it in class. I finally got my first opportunity to go to DC summer before last. I walked through the Korean War monument and thought it was excellent and then went to the Vietnam wall. I was a blubbering girl and barely made it through. It was borderline embarrassing. Maybe I’m a reincarnated Combatant, who knows? It shouldn’t affect me that hard and I can’t explain why it does. So, thank you again.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The country is the people. At the time does not necessarily mean a short time frame as the country is centuries old. I never said anything about wanting it to be easy. While claiming to disagree, your statement about the second amendment agrees with what I wrote.

You are disagreeing just to disagree as what you are disagreeing with is not what I wrote.
The last sentence broke my brain, yank thou.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Sure, "at the time" can mean two centuries ago. "The country" and "the people" are not the same thing because "the country" also includes the government. "The people" is a specific subset of "the country". But, yeah, whatever, steross can't be wrong.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Sure, "at the time" can mean two centuries ago. "The country" and "the people" are not the same thing because "the country" also includes the government. "The people" is a specific subset of "the country". But, yeah, whatever, steross can't be wrong.
You are the only person on this board so miserable that you want to call out someone and create an argument about a minute detail even though the person explained to you the point and that there is no actual disagreement.

Sure Rx, my initial words were wrong and not the ideal representation of my meaning. In the 0.2 milliseconds I spend choosing words for a message board post I did not consider anywhere near the level of nuance that you pointed out above. Now, winner, may I suggest you go somewhere else to pick fights instead of the picture thread?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
You are the only person on this board so miserable that you want to call out someone and create an argument about a minute detail even though the person explained to you the point and that there is no actual disagreement.

Sure Rx, my initial words were wrong and not the ideal representation of my meaning. In the 0.2 milliseconds I spend choosing words for a message board post I did not consider anywhere near the level of nuance that you pointed out above. Now, winner, may I suggest you go somewhere else to pick fights instead of the picture thread?
The difference in purpose of amendments and legislation is a "minute detail". This is why we're in a death spiral.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
The difference in purpose of amendments and legislation is a "minute detail". This is why we're in a death spiral.
I never even mentioned legislation. Only you did. Now you are lying to try to argue. I’m done with you. You need help. Seriously.
I mentioned legislation because what you said is true of legislation and not amendments. Amendments were made a much more difficult process on purpose.

But yeah, I need help. The steross-tactic, make it personal.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I mentioned legislation because what you said is true of legislation and not amendments. Amendments were made a much more difficult process on purpose.

But yeah, I need help. The steross-tactic, make it personal.

"The people" is a specific subset of "the country". But, yeah, whatever, steross can't be wrong.
All I ever said was that amendments can be changed which is absolutely true. You added "difficulty" to create an argument in the picture thread that should not even exist.

You already made it personal with the statement bolded above. Your claim that I am making it personal is just another disingenuous attempt to bully your way into a fight. You wanted me to admit I was wrong. I did that. Yet, you are still trying your hardest to fight for no reason at all.

And, yes, my conclusion from all that is that you need help. What you are doing right now are not the actions of a person in a good place. It is rude, useless, and harmful to you and anyone that actually engages with you.
That is all I am going to say. Even if you lie about my words again, I'm not going to try to correct you. You really should consider if you actually think what you are doing is healthy for you.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Thanks for your service. I don’t know why that war irks me on so many levels. Having been adopted I suspect my biological father may have been in the fight. It has always rubbed me wrong every time I watch a documentary or studied it in class. I finally got my first opportunity to go to DC summer before last. I walked through the Korean War monument and thought it was excellent and then went to the Vietnam wall. I was a blubbering girl and barely made it through. It was borderline embarrassing. Maybe I’m a reincarnated Combatant, who knows? It shouldn’t affect me that hard and I can’t explain why it does. So, thank you again.
Irks me also. Cost me an 18yo brother.