Early Predictions of Cowboy Schedule

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Please explain to me in detail how I have "pretended like this league is garbage". I'll wait.

If we end up in a NY6 bowl, it would be a great season, yes.
That didn't take long:

"I'm predicting that we win 9 games this season. I also don't think its anything THAT special to accomplish in our conference. Deal with it."

Any logical person would believe your implying our conference is garbage.

Our ceiling is NY6 bowl and our floor - probably camping world bowl. 9 wins would be right about par for the course for this year, I think.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
That didn't take long:

"I'm predicting that we win 9 games this season. I also don't think its anything THAT special to accomplish in our conference. Deal with it."

Our ceiling is NY6 bowl and our floor - probably camping world bowl. 9 wins would be right about par for the course for this year, I think.
It didn't take long, because you have a preconceived agenda, and found the first thing that met your confirmation bias. I'll make it more clear for you, since apparently you're struggling. I don't think our conference is garbage.

What I *do* think is that our conference has been relatively weak at times, and that winning 9 games is relatively easier with our schedule than it would be in some other conferences.
Our first 3 games are against super weak teams.
Add into the mix that 4 schools have new head coaches this season - none of which are especially scary teams.
Throw in Baylor and ISU.

That's 9 relatively easy wins, IMO. I'm just not going to call that a "special" or "great" season, unless you're just using throw-away terminology instead of the actual definitions of the words. Again - 2011 was a great / special season. Winning 9 games with our schedule is not.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
No, you don't know that. You made something up to make yourself feel superior. Bottom line.

And you know as well as I do that the group of "Gundy naysayers" is so tiny that it doesn't matter, right? The problem is that people like you can't accept anything but orange glasses and Kool-Aid chugging, so you label any critical thoughts as being a "naysayer". I don't consider myself a naysayer, but the vocal minority on this site does.

By the way......You wanna see some vag bleeding? Go check out the posts earlier in this thread where I said 9-3 wouldn't be a special season to me. The blood was gushing. I thought people's heads were going to explode.

As someone obviously considered part of the group you're throwing under your fake bus, I felt the need to speak up. Also, I feel like that simpleton mindset destroys any potential for diverse viewpoints. And finally, it was dumb to make up a fake group and a fake scenario and give that group a fake reaction to the fake scenario to position himself as superior.
He never mentioned you at all. You’re proclaiming not to be in the group of people that you think doesn’t exist except in the small minority and are making the assumption that you are being lumped into?

Maybe just keep scrolling instead of jumping to the conclusion that every post you don’t like is a direct attack at you.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Please explain to me in detail how I have "pretended like this league is garbage". I'll wait.

If we end up in a NY6 bowl, it would be a great season, yes.
That didn't take long:

I have always thought the over/under on Cowboys football is 8. Anything over is very good. Anything under is disappointing. Given the fact that we would have killed for 8 win seasons before Gundy took the reins, makes me hesitant to be to critical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
It didn't take long, because you have a preconceived agenda, and found the first thing that met your confirmation bias. I'll make it more clear for you, since apparently you're struggling. I don't think our conference is garbage.

What I *do* think is that our conference has been relatively weak at times, and that winning 9 games is relatively easier with our schedule than it would be in some other conferences.
Add into the mix that 4 schools have new head coaches this season - none of which are especially scary teams.
Throw in Baylor and ISU.

That's 9 relatively easy wins, IMO. I'm just not going to call that a "special" or "great" season, unless you're just using throw-away terminology instead of the actual definitions of the words. Again - 2011 was a great / special season. Winning 9 games with our schedule is not.
This is just an inaccurate take all the way around. Bowl records against other P5 opponents as well as advanced metrics have shown the Big 12 as being one of the top conferences year after year despite the fictitious claims about the defenses.

Throw in Iowa State as an easy win? What? Have you been paying attention these last couple of seasons?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
This is just an inaccurate take all the way around. Bowl records against other P5 opponents as well as advanced metrics have shown the Big 12 as being one of the top conferences year after year despite the fictitious claims about the defenses.

Throw in Iowa State as an easy win? What? Have you been paying attention these last couple of seasons?
I definitely have respect for ISU, but I also don't consider beating them an exceptional feat.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I definitely have respect for ISU, but I also don't consider beating them an exceptional feat.
I think, for this year in particular and on the road, many local and national college football people would disagree with you.

And it certainly shouldn’t be considered an “easy” win.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Once a Big 12 team or 2 actually wins a NC I think the league as a whole will gain some respect. It’s hard to take us serious when the SEC, ACC and Big 10 are taking home the prize

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I think, for this year in particular and on the road, many local and national college football people would disagree with you.

I don't consider it an easy win. I expect to win, but it will be a dogfight.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Once a Big 12 team or 2 actually wins a NC I think the league as a whole will gain some respect. It’s hard to take us serious when the SEC, ACC and Big 10 are taking home the prize

The sum of a league is not defined by a single team. Despite Clemson being excellent, the rest of the ACC is average. Same goes for the Big10 and Ohio State. And everyone knows the PAC12 is trash.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

The sum of a league is not defined by a single team. Despite Clemson being excellent, the rest of the ACC is average. Same goes for the Big10 and Ohio State. And everyone knows the PAC12 is trash.
But it’s easier to dismiss the ISU’s and OSU’s when our league isnt as competitive in the playoffs. Iron sharpens iron.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I don't consider it an easy win. I expect to win, but it will be a dogfight.
Then I think I’m confused...
Throw in Baylor and ISU.

That's 9 relatively easy wins, IMO

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
But it’s easier to dismiss the ISU’s and OSU’s when our league isnt as competitive in the playoffs. Iron sharpens iron.

I’m not concerned with the opinions of people who judge entire conferences by a single team’s performance in the playoffs. Especially when there are conferences that haven’t even had a representative in the playoffs as consistently as the Big12.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Then I think I’m confused...
I can see why. On that game, I could go either way. I expect to win, but I think it'll be the toughest game of my predicted wins. I guess for me, winning in Ames wouldn't be a statement win or something really monumental, even if they are a good opponent this season. Its Iowa State. Yeah, I know that means I'm buying into some helmet sticker type thought processes, but whatever. Its just my opinion.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
I can see why. On that game, I could go either way. I expect to win, but I think it'll be the toughest game of my predicted wins. I guess for me, winning in Ames wouldn't be a statement win or something really monumental, even if they are a good opponent this season. Its Iowa State. Yeah, I know that means I'm buying into some helmet sticker type thought processes, but whatever. Its just my opinion.
The OSU @ ISU game is shaping up to mean a lot for both teams, if they perform to their expectations. Both teams could very easily be 7-1 or 7-1/8-0 going into that game. It might be for a tiebreaker spot in the B12 championship game and both teams could be in the top 15.

Each team have many winnable games leading up to that, with ISU having @0u then uT at home in the two following weeks.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

However it and Baylor are simply wins we HAVE TO achieve to get at least back to where we should be in terms of the conference...ie challanging for a title.