VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Better add electricity to the things Biden is going to take away.

This is a quote from Trump's Wisconsin Rally.

"There will be no heating in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer, and no electricity whenever the hell you want it," Trump claimed

KAG y'all, we have to fight the democrats so they don't take away our heat in the winter!

Signed,
The party that has lost all touch with reality
You do know that the green new deal would actually cause rolling blackouts...is it extremes in his rhetoric? yep, but the other side is down right cray cray.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Doesn't the boarding up of buildings tell us they think Trump is going to win despite all the polls and crap? Honestly I don't see Republicans rioting or tearing up stuff if we lose...not in our nature...hell we don't even protest.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Better add electricity to the things Biden is going to take away.

This is a quote from Trump's Wisconsin Rally.

"There will be no heating in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer, and no electricity whenever the hell you want it," Trump claimed

KAG y'all, we have to fight the democrats so they don't take away our heat in the winter!

Signed,
The party that has lost all touch with reality
You do know that the green new deal would actually cause rolling blackouts...is it extremes in his rhetoric? yep, but the other side is down right cray cray.
Sure and wind energy causes cancer too.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Don't vote for fear and loathing...no matter how much you hate Donald Trump.

Btw, you know who's not going away even if he loses?
Donald Trump.
You know whom might go away even if he wins?
Joe Biden.

so if you want to silence Trump it's really not going to matter how you vote...it's not happening.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Sure and wind energy causes cancer too.
Do you know why California has rolling blackouts? That would mean they cannot heat their homes in the winter...it's a strech yes...but it's also not untrue if Dem policy is taken to the extreem.
It is not because of green energy. It is because they have crazy old infrastructure that causes fires. All on top of huge energy demands as a huge population state.

Before that it was caused by Enron fraud.

TX is the state with the second most blackouts so good luck blaming it on Democrats.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It is not because of green energy. It is because they have crazy old infrastructure that causes fires. All on top of huge energy demands as a huge population state.

Before that it was caused by Enron fraud.

TX is the state with the second most blackouts so good luck blaming it on Democrats.
For now. Between changing demographics and population moves that state is turning blue. It makes you wonder how the Republicans will be competitive in 2024 and 2028.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Don't assume Americans aren't going to vote against lock downs. I think their is going to be a huge backlash in states where they had very dictatorial governors with regards to how they hurt their own people by locking up their economic livelihood and the main reason they gave was covid...but their real main reason was to kill the economy, with the excuse of covid, for political expediency. That's how much they hate this man...so sad.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Don't assume Americans aren't going to vote against lock downs. I think their is going to be a huge backlash in states where they had very dictatorial governors with regards to how they hurt their own people by locking up their economic livelihood and the main reason they gave was covid...but their real main reason was to kill the economy, with the excuse of covid, for political expediency. That's how much they hate this man...so sad.
Which states tried to kill the economy?

Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin and Minnesota banded together and have done pretty much the exact same things. Which states did Trump call out? Why did he do that?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
https://twitter.com/iwantbamboo/status/1322648912923078658?s=21
So are we still trying to clutch our pearls over this when this video clearly shows the dummy in the white SUV was the one driving like an a**hole? You try to crowd a jacked up F250 out of their lane, you kind of get what you deserve if their tires rub the side of your vehicle.

Is there a video of any of these guys brandishing guns or is that some extra BS to embellish the story?

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Don't vote for fear and loathing...no matter how much you hate Donald Trump.

Btw, you know who's not going away even if he loses?
Donald Trump.
You know whom might go away even if he wins?
Joe Biden.

so if you want to silence Trump it's really not going to matter how you vote...it's not happening.
I think there’s a very good chance Trump loses this go round. Probably greater than 50%. But if that happens, he will just run again in ‘24 and easily beat Biden or Harris. His support is rock solid and nothing is going to change that over the next 4 years. Trump will get his 2nd term one way or another IMO. The real issue is that neither party is cultivating new stars. The Dem field this year was embarrassing and the R’s will do no better any time soon.

Oct 7, 2008
I see you're firmly back on the crazy train.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
No it doesn't show a poor analogy (I truly hope you re-read what you typed and think a little more about it).
But it does show an unfortunate gap in values and understanding. Unfortunately, some people justify burning down buildings and destroying property and feel it is okay ... stating "they can be rebuilt". A famous quote from a rioter during the Minneapolis riots in June was "they have insurance". It is a sad view that some in our society have. Many people lack the core empathy to realize livelihoods are being destroyed.

Then on the other hand we have people that are overly dramatic. They see someone not wearing a mask and lack the ... what should be easy critical thinking ... to just go around them. They view someone not wearing a mask as killing them. If you are at risk ... don't go out to restaurants.

As I have said prior on the COVID thread, wearing a mask makes since to me. Especially in locations that require people to be closely located (airplanes, buses, subways, etc.). I wear a mask entering a restaurant and in the lobby of my gym, because I respect the right of the establishment to require those rules, but I do not think wearing a mask for 10 seconds while walking to a table and then taking it off for an hour while eating accomplishes much.

And death is final. "Pigs in a blanket, fry-em like bacon". Police officer David Dorn is not returning to this earth - and it wasn't because he happened to walk near someone not wearing a mask. The 7 people killed during rioting in Louisville is final -- and not because rioters were not wearing a mask.
I’ll eagerly await the time nurses and Drs can choose not to treat people like you instead of those that did wear PPE since we’re at capacity again. It’s a mask. Grow up and wear it for your community.

Mar 11, 2006
I’ll eagerly await the time nurses and Drs can choose not to treat people like you instead of those that did wear PPE since we’re at capacity again. It’s a mask. Grow up and wear it for your community.
When did I say I don’t wear a mask. I do wear a mask. I just don’t think people should be incarcerated for not wearing. Unfortunate that we have people that think like Heinrich Muller and want to jail others not wearing a mask.

Equalizing burning down buildings and not wearing a mask shows a tremendous differences in our value system. One (destroying someone else’s business) is much worse and you find not wearing a mask worthy of not being cared for medically. I hope you rethink that.

If “growing up” is that odd value system, then I will prefer to stay on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.