Every play every game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The Tulsa Game is very important from the standpoint that we need to take care of business and put them away. If we truly are a playoff contender we don't need to wait around. Put your best foot forward every play every game. With the positive news that the Big 10 is going to play, it becomes even more important for our place in the grand scheme of things to MAKE SURE that we take care of business and do it early and decisively. Hopefully the team and coaches noticed the crap job the big 12 lower teams did last week and do NOT repeat that BS. 3 teams that would be ranked above us are going to be placed back in the poll in less than 3 or 4 weeks, our opportunity is NOW to make statements with every win and show our dominance (if we have any).

Go Pokes!

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Actually the delay with Tulsa may have worked in our benefit just for the reason you state above.

(except that Gundy loves to reward the entire team with playing time so the results could be skewed as less impressive)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
OSU isn't a playoff contender, in any year. Quit fooling yourself. We don't recruit well enough to be a contender.
Dude as recently as 2011 we were a playoff contender who would have been in a four game playoff...so you should change your name and add an "un..." Bitter fan is bitter.

You know what we have on this team...you know expectations should be sky high. Certainly we have to prove it by dominate play and a QB that is improved...but potential is there.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020
New Jersey
The Tulsa Game is very important from the standpoint that we need to take care of business and put them away. If we truly are a playoff contender we don't need to wait around. Put your best foot forward every play every game. With the positive news that the Big 10 is going to play, it becomes even more important for our place in the grand scheme of things to MAKE SURE that we take care of business and do it early and decisively. Hopefully the team and coaches noticed the crap job the big 12 lower teams did last week and do NOT repeat that BS. 3 teams that would be ranked above us are going to be placed back in the poll in less than 3 or 4 weeks, our opportunity is NOW to make statements with every win and show our dominance (if we have any).

Go Pokes!
FACT... can't let bad teams stick around

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If I remember correctly, we have usually beaten TU pretty good at home...it's in tulsa where we have not been sharp or worse, been upset. Hopefully that trend continues on Saturday.

With the announcement from the big 10 I wouldn't be surprised to see those teams return to the rankings next week, so yeah a statement win is important. Plenty of big plays from the players the media already knows will help.

Nov 6, 2010
Tulsa had a pretty solid defense last year, so they were able to keep it close for a while. It is my understanding that they lost quite a bit from that year's defense, and we still won going away. I think this year's game will be the opposite, in that we'll jump all over them out of the gate, but they have a senior heavy offense, so they'll score later in the game and get the score back to respectable. I'm thinking this game won't really be as close as last year, but the final margin probably about the same.