Fall Camp 2019 old thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Gundy's excited and will actually force the players to do things correctly. Gleason is rumoured to be aggressive on offense. And Knowles, now knows what the Big XII is like. And if reports are accurate, we may love to watch our punter. On the rare occasion that we do have to punt. When do they report?

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
I think our defense improvements will all depend on our defensive line. Solid at corner, safety, and linebacker. I’m just curious who steps up in the trenches. If OSU had Darron Daniels and Antwine in the middle I’d feel better.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I think our defense improvements will all depend on our defensive line. Solid at corner, safety, and linebacker. I’m just curious who steps up in the trenches. If OSU had Darron Daniels and Antwine in the middle I’d feel better.
What is wrong with the 6 guys we have at DT this year? Just curious why you're anxious about the position.... Because you're not familiar with them?

Brenden Evers - RSoph 6-2, 296
2018 (Freshman): Saw action in all 13 games, playing both defense and special teams ... Had seven tackles and a sack ... The sack came against Baylor ... Posted a season high with two tackles against South Alabama, but also had tackles against Missouri State, Texas Tech, Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor ... Credited with a quarterback hurry in the Cowboys’ Liberty Bowl win over No. 23 Missouri.
2017: Redshirted.

Cameron Murray - RJunior 6-1, 290
2018 (Sophomore): Saw significant action in all 13 games on the interior of the defensive line ... Had seven tackles on the year, four of which came against South Alabama ... His other three stops came against TCU, Boise State and Texas Tech, respectively ... Assisted on a sack against South Alabama ... Helped the Cowboys rank in the top 20 nationally in sacks, tackles for loss and red zone defense.
2017 (Freshman): First-team Academic All-Big 12 ... Played in five games, recording three tackles ... Had a seven-yard sack in the regular-season finale against Kansas.

Israel Antwine, Soph 6-4, 295
Transfer started at Colorado as true Freshman

Amadou Fofana, RJunior 6-4, 280 JUCO
2018: Redshirt.
Junior College: Earned honorable mention All-American Junior College honors

Sione Asi, Junior, 6-1, 325 JUCO
ESPN slots him at No. 8 among junior college defensive tackles.

93 Kyle Junior DT 6-3, 305 (per media guide)
Grad Transfer Bowling Green
(he was listed at 271 lbs last year at BG, Glass has put 25 pounds on him over the summer)

Roster by position group on Page 5
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.si...9/7/18/2019_Oklahoma_State_Football_Guide.pdf

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
What is wrong with the 6 guys we have at DT this year? Just curious why you're anxious about the position.... Because you're not familiar with them?

Brenden Evers - RSoph 6-2, 296
2018 (Freshman): Saw action in all 13 games, playing both defense and special teams ... Had seven tackles and a sack ... The sack came against Baylor ... Posted a season high with two tackles against South Alabama, but also had tackles against Missouri State, Texas Tech, Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor ... Credited with a quarterback hurry in the Cowboys’ Liberty Bowl win over No. 23 Missouri.
2017: Redshirted.

Cameron Murray - RJunior 6-1, 290
2018 (Sophomore): Saw significant action in all 13 games on the interior of the defensive line ... Had seven tackles on the year, four of which came against South Alabama ... His other three stops came against TCU, Boise State and Texas Tech, respectively ... Assisted on a sack against South Alabama ... Helped the Cowboys rank in the top 20 nationally in sacks, tackles for loss and red zone defense.
2017 (Freshman): First-team Academic All-Big 12 ... Played in five games, recording three tackles ... Had a seven-yard sack in the regular-season finale against Kansas.

Israel Antwine, Soph 6-4, 295
Transfer started at Colorado as true Freshman

Amadou Fofana, RJunior 6-4, 280 JUCO
2018: Redshirt.
Junior College: Earned honorable mention All-American Junior College honors

Sione Asi, Junior, 6-1, 325 JUCO
ESPN slots him at No. 8 among junior college defensive tackles.

93 Kyle Junior DT 6-3, 305 (per media guide)
Grad Transfer Bowling Green
(he was listed at 271 lbs last year at BG, Glass has put 25 pounds on him over the summer)

Roster by position group on Page 5
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.si...9/7/18/2019_Oklahoma_State_Football_Guide.pdf
I'll take the bait. Looking up their bios on okstate.com doesn't make you familiar with them either. The only starting experience comes from 2 transfers, one of which comes from the vaunted battle grounds of Bowling Green University. DT is the big question mark on this team, and that's known by all who are "familiar" with the program.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
I'll take the bait. Looking up their bios on okstate.com doesn't make you familiar with them either. The only starting experience comes from 2 transfers, one of which comes from the vaunted battle grounds of Bowling Green University. DT is the big question mark on this team, and that's known by all who are "familiar" with the program.
Starting experience? We are rotating in players with significant playing experience. D Line won't be a strength but it'll be OK.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
good lord....

I doubt that Joe Bob Clements would agree with you, but then maybe he's not all that "familiar" with the program.

Daniels didn't have any starting experience until he started either. neither did Antwine.

IMHO, DE is the biggest question mark (other than QB), but whatever.... I can only come up with about 4 guys that could compete at DE.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I had heard just the opposite, that K Junior had slimmed down and was projecting as a DE.
That was the initial report, but his bigger size just recently came out (in the news).

Like I said, he was listed at 275 last year, and our media guide now lists him at 305. (all the other weights seem about right, so it's doubtful that they bumped him up that much)

I don't know, I'm just making conversation while we await the start of fall camp... the media guide also lists him as a DE. (a 305 lb DE).

maybe somebody that is "familiar" with the program, can fill us in.

Dec 21, 2016
Stillwater ok
Gundy's excited and will actually force the players to do things correctly. Gleason is rumoured to be aggressive on offense. And Knowles, now knows what the Big XII is like. And if reports are accurate, we may love to watch our punter. On the rare occasion that we do have to punt. When do they report?
This makes me happy, id like to know more about this if you have any info. Considering how he's been lauded for his QB development at Princeton, also coaching them to be aggressive makes me excited for the season.....if its true.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Starting experience? We are rotating in players with significant playing experience. D Line won't be a strength but it'll be OK.
Really they just need to be OK, keep blockers off the linebackers I don't expect to see the falling off any more than they did when Daniels got hurt last year, he really was a difference maker there. That's when Brailford was less effective. I think Antwine has big shoes to fill for Daniels but I think he will fit into that role. The two Juco guys should also do ok but it always takes a few games for them to adjust. We have 2 D line coaches so i think their technique should be sound and we all know what a difference Rob Glass makes. I agree we should be ok.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Really they just need to be OK, keep blockers off the linebackers I don't expect to see the falling off any more than they did when Daniels got hurt last year, he really was a difference maker there. That's when Brailford was less effective. I think Antwine has big shoes to fill for Daniels but I think he will fit into that role. The two Juco guys should also do ok but it always takes a few games for them to adjust. We have 2 D line coaches so i think their technique should be sound and we all know what a difference Rob Glass makes. I agree we should be ok.
I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but one of the JUCO kids was on the team redshirting last year... so he's got a year of learning technique under his belt already

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
This makes me happy, id like to know more about this if you have any info. Considering how he's been lauded for his QB development at Princeton, also coaching them to be aggressive makes me excited for the season.....if its true.
Pull up the Tylan Wallace videos during the Big XII media days I think it is the one for the TV crew. He is the one who says it.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
You should feel better knowing the DT rotation has a total of 14 tackles playing in the big 12 last year.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but one of the JUCO kids was on the team redshirting last year... so he's got a year of learning technique under his belt already
Absolutely none. Until they play against big 12 competition we won’t know. Those unknowns are a cause for concern for most people. Especially given our defense in most years.

Status
Not open for further replies.