Fall Practice Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 5, 2011
PUSH UP? Yes please.
lol. Touche! BTW guys I watched a video earlier with Berry Trammel and Gina Mizell and Berry asked her which freshmen besides Lunt she was most excited to see and thought would step up and she said C.J. Curry at WR. Said he is listed behind T. Moore on the depth chart! Good sign!

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
The speed of the front seven on defense is going to be the biggest difference people will see. Having Nigel back on the edge at his true position is a HUGE advantage. He is much quicker than Richetti or Blatnick and I think his sack count at the end of the year will reflect it.

I am pretty pumped to see our second string linebackers. Those guys are the future of our defense and they are ridiculously fast. I'm also eager to see how Hedgepeth and the other injured corner (McGee?) come back. Both injuries were brutal so it'll be interesting to see how fast they can fit back in.

Pokengineer

Go Pokes!
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The speed of the front seven on defense is going to be the biggest difference people will see. Having Nigel back on the edge at his true position is a HUGE advantage. He is much quicker than Richetti or Blatnick and I think his sack count at the end of the year will reflect it.

I am pretty pumped to see our second string linebackers. Those guys are the future of our defense and they are ridiculously fast. I'm also eager to see how Hedgepeth and the other injured corner (McGee?) come back. Both injuries were brutal so it'll be interesting to see how fast they can fit back in.
May

William McEwan

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2011

Im pretty sure may will be out for the season

May 12, 2010
Santa Barbara
much respect to Richetti and Blatnick but this is exactly what I've been thinking... excited to see it!

Go Pokes!

PistolChad

Galaxy Stranger
A/V Subscriber
Jun 23, 2004
5m
Kelly Hines@KellyHinesTW

Two #okstate roster additions since yesterday: freshman OL Grant Canis and senior DL DeJuan Davis.

So what is up with DeJuan Davis? Last I heard after Fiesta Bowl was that he was going to graduate and move on with life. I don't think he was part of Spring Football.

Get this for a stat. Before Davis' return, we had 7 DT's with only 1 being a Senior (Hayes)...and Hayes is NOT on the 3-deep. Now with Davis' return we are 4-deep at DT. That is insane. Only 4 years ago there were only 2 true DT's on the entire ROSTER.

Aug 7, 2005
San Diego, CA
Mike has said on several occasions that both May and Hedgepeth would be back and ready to go in a few weeks.
He did say that and we addressed this a few weeks back. There's no possible way he will be ready for full contact after going through an ACL reconstruction on April 17th (the same day I had my surgery). The earliest I could see him hitting the field would be late October or November.

Aug 7, 2005
San Diego, CA
We can't afford for Jackson to be Justin Horton 2.0. No offense to Justin personally, but he never really lived up to the hype surrounding him when we first signed him, IMO. Here's hoping for a big season from Justin this year. We need Blake Jackson to thrive early and often. He's the perfect security blanket in the redzone for a QB who's new to the college game.

Blake Jackson does not = Justin Horton 2.0

I think he'll be more like Brandon Pettigrew 2.0