George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm extremely impressed by how the OKC police have handled this. They've let people protest, let people yell at them all they want, but once the destruction starts, they give the crowd a timeframe to start clearing out and then the tear gas starts flying. None of this total stand down business that's going on in several cities.
I know these generalizations get people worked up, and I get it about constitutional rights and all, but if the goal of a protest is to influence public opinion, or get a message out, nothing you do after dark is helpful.

Make signs, know what you hope to convey, go home at dark.

Mar 11, 2006
Happened THIS weekend: 82 people shot and 19 died in Chicago (17 were shot and killed on Sunday alone)

Number of ”peaceful“ protests to fight this: zero

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I'm not worried about it. I don't think the deaths due to the virus will go up much. I think a lot of older people, over 65 knew better than to participate in the protests. In Oklahoma, 80.5% of the deaths due to the virus happen to people 65 or older. However, hopefully, young people won't spread the virus to those older people. So COVID cares about who it most wants to kill. Hopefully, mask wearing worked to counter those who said it can't work.
65+ people don't just interact with people 65+ and over. Nursing homes hosted all sorts of covid death, because health care workers, or family members introduced the disease there. The same health care workers and family members out there protesting or interacting with protesters when they aren't protesting.

This was the whole POINT of the nationwide lock down.

Oct 30, 2007
1st autopsy: No proof of asphyxia, but proof of heart disease & coronary artery disease.

2nd autopsy: Proof of asphyxia, but no proof of heart disease & coronary artery disease.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
1st autopsy: No proof of asphyxia, but proof of heart disease & coronary artery disease.

2nd autopsy: Proof of asphyxia, but no proof of heart disease & coronary artery disease.
You get what you pay for lol. The family paid for him to tell them what they wanted to hear not what they didn't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

Yeah, it can't just be left at that. What the hell happens that this point? We have a he said/he said or is there a 3rd party that can step in? Seems like the state will probably just say "we stand by what our guy said" and the family won't let anyone else examine (if they have the right to block any further exams? I don't know) because they want the final word to be their guy. What a mess.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Seriously, you guys are still discussing this? Did you watch the video? He died while the guy had his knee on the back of his neck for over 11 minutes. That is the cause of the death. Do you really think he would have died at that point in time if not for the cops? The only debate is whether that is legitimate use of force. It obviously isn't, but I'm sure that won't stop some of you from debating it.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Seriously, you guys are still discussing this? Did you watch the video? He died while the guy had his knee on the back of his neck for over 11 minutes. That is the cause of the death. Do you really think he would have died at that point in time if not for the cops? The only debate is whether that is legitimate use of force. It obviously isn't, but I'm sure that won't stop some of you from debating it.
Yeah we are debating why there are 2 different reports that are 180 degrees from each other. Do you not think that is worthy of a debate? Because that is exactly the text book definition of something that needs to be debated.

I get it though, your post was a thinly veiled attempt at painting posters as racist. How original.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Yeah we are debating why there are 2 different reports that are 180 degrees from each other. Do you not think that is worthy of a debate? Because that is exactly the text book definition of something that needs to be debated.

I get it though, your post was a thinly veiled attempt at painting posters as racist. How original.
You are delusional. I said nothing about anyone being a fucking racist. I have no clue what is in the heart of the people that are discussing this here. Seems to be a touchy subject for you though. So maybe some self reflection will lead you toward a bit of enlightenment. Or not.

My post was most definitely thinly veiled attempt at painting the posters as fucking dumbasses. I guess that was little too thinly veiled.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
You are delusional. I said nothing about anyone being a fucking racist. I have no clue what is in the heart of the people that are discussing this here. Seems to be a touchy subject for you though. So maybe some self reflection will lead you toward a bit of enlightenment. Or not.

My post was most definitely thinly veiled attempt at painting the posters as fucking dumbasses. I guess that was little too thinly veiled.
And you're calling me touchy? :lol:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Someone dying as a man has his knee to the back of his neck for over 11 minutes (including after he had already died) is blamed on asphyxia.

How do you know Floyd would have lived if the cop hadn't put a knee to him? Or had the cops got him in the car to stay, he could have died in the car and the video would not have been anywhere near as explosive. They apparently called an ambulance, so they must have known he wasn't doing well. No doubt, the cops exercised ridiculously piss poor judgment. Who knows how many other similar cases have happened in the country that we'll never know about, because cops actually knew how to handle them?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
QUOTE="CowboyOrangeFan, post: 4075248, member: 1552"]Seriously, you guys are still discussing this? Did you watch the video? He died while the guy had his knee on the back of his neck for over 11 minutes. That is the cause of the death. Do you really think he would have died at that point in time if not for the cops? The only debate is whether that is legitimate use of force. It obviously isn't, but I'm sure that won't stop some of you from debating it.[/QUOTE]

The ass hats posting this Bull$hit are wingnut white supremacists