George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/MNPDNashville/status/1267264305961066500
Apparently an anarchist and a member of an anti-government group, but people are calling him a trump supporter. Media narratives strike again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This stopped being about George Floyd a while ago. This is a Marxist putsch using racial hatred as a vehicle.

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1267424581620547584
Personally I think this is the alt right and alt left butting heads and making issues about stuff that is not the issue. RESPECT one another people.

We need a 3rd party. There are a lot more moderates in the US than there are alt right and alt left combined. Neither of these groups speak for the vast majority.

There are no alt-right groups in there.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
The County corners office now claims that it was a homicide.
They damn sure need to be answering some questions about the results from the 1st report then. Because I thought it was the county that did that one too. If someone botched that first exam that badly, they better not have a job as a medical examiner anymore and should be fully investigated.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
So let me get this straight.....they release a report the other day acting like the restraint had little to do with it, then the family gets a second opinion. Second opinion was a 180. Then they promptly release another one agreeing with the second opinion?

My question is how many people are sitting in prison right now on unrelated cases due to the medical examiner giving some bogus report? This could go so deep. What a can of worms. Didn't we have a crime lab technician in Oklahoma that was giving bogus reports that sent a whole bunch of people to prison? All kinds of convictions had to be overturned because of her?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Evidence? I'd say a video of a man saying "I can't breath, I can't breath while another man kneels on his neck would be considered pretty good evidence in most cases.

We don't have this chaos because the legal system was too quick to condemn the cops. We have this situation because there is the perception of just the opposite, whether it's true or not doesn't matter.

If this cop was just unlucky enough that kneeling on a man's neck who was crying out for breath in front of cameras for 8 minutes and this was not the primary cause of death, that's too bad for him. Call it mob justice if you want, but what this cop did was so reckless and against his training that it sucks to be him if George Floyd died of old age at that moment.

In academic terms yes cause of death could be, in part, some other circumstances, but the knee to the neck for 8 minutes didn't help.
Yes, where’s the evidence? The best you can come up with is “maybe it didn’t help”? So again, tell me why we shouldn’t just wait for all of the facts to come out? Death “in part” was do to other circumstances? It said preexisting conditions and drugs didn’t it? Not asphyxiation? Isn’t that alone enough to tell us we should all take a step back? Anyone who commits a crime and that crime results in someone’s death should be prosecuted and punished—including cops. Let’s set the faux outrage aside and allow the process to play out.
Pardon me for interrupting. Didn't you say that you are a POC? If so, I have no idea why they are arguing with you. According to their own arguments here, you have the moral high ground by color of your skin. They are supposed to "shut up and listen".

If I'm wrong I apologise for the mix up. Have a nice day.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Welp, the POTUS just threatened to use the US Military if the cops can't handle this.

Horrible.
Yeah, that's no good. All that means is there will be an uptick in these protests to try to get it to that point. That's what many want it to come to. Hope at some point enough people will get feed up with all the destruction and the tide will turn. Seems like we are on a collision course though.

Well

still making mistakes
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Didn't we have a crime lab technician in Oklahoma that was giving bogus reports that sent a whole bunch of people to prison? All kinds of convictions had to be overturned because of her?
Joyce Gilcrest, working during the Robert Macy years.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
FWIW, from CNN:

“The independent autopsy says Floyd died of "asphyxiation from sustained pressure" when his neck and back were compressed by Minneapolis police officers during his arrest last week. The pressure cut off blood flow to his brain, that autopsy determined.
But the medical examiner's office, in its report also released Monday, said that the cause of death is "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." Cardiopulmonary arrest means Floyd's heart failed.
The medical examiner made no mention of asphyxiation.
The Hennepin County release says heart disease was an issue; the independent examiner didn't find that.
The county said that fentanyl and methamphetamine use were among "significant conditions," but its report didn't say how much of either drug was in Floyd's system or how that may have contributed.”

2 different causes of death by two different examiners. One was paid for, the other was in the normal course of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
So let me get this straight.....they release a report the other day acting like the restraint had little to do with it, then the family gets a second opinion. Second opinion was a 180. Then they promptly release another one agreeing with the second opinion?

My question is how many people are sitting in prison right now on unrelated cases due to the medical examiner giving some bogus report? This could go so deep. What a can of worms. Didn't we have a crime lab technician in Oklahoma that was giving bogus reports that sent a whole bunch of people to prison? All kinds of convictions had to be overturned because of her?
The original report:
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted Mr. Floyd's autopsy on May 26 , 2020. The full report of the ME is pending but the ME has made the following preliminary findings. The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr.Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.

There was never any doubt that his restraint played a part in the death, but the police had the right to restrain him when he resisted arrest. The primary unknown factors were cause of death and whether or not the neck restraint caused or contributed to the death.

This report seems to line up properly with the original release. It states that he died from cardiopulminary arrest and reiterates the fact that he had heart disease and CAD. The secondary autopsy stated that he didn't have cardiovascular disease and that he died from mechanical asphyxia. They came to two very different conclusions.

It should be noted that the medical term for homicide is, "The killing of a person by another, regardless of intent." It makes sense that they would list his manner of death as homicide since the restraint played a part in his death.

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
FWIW, from CNN:

“The independent autopsy says Floyd died of "asphyxiation from sustained pressure" when his neck and back were compressed by Minneapolis police officers during his arrest last week. The pressure cut off blood flow to his brain, that autopsy determined.
But the medical examiner's office, in its report also released Monday, said that the cause of death is "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." Cardiopulmonary arrest means Floyd's heart failed.
The Hennepin County release says heart disease was an issue; the independent examiner didn't find that.
The county said that fentanyl and methamphetamine use were among "significant conditions," but its report didn't say how much of either drug was in Floyd's system or how that may have contributed.”

2 different causes of death by two different examiners. One was paid for, the other was in the normal course of business.

Uh huh, and the one that was the normal course of business listed the manner of death a homicide. Meaning the way he was restrained played a massive role in his death. Pretty much like most people thought all along.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

This is why I am totally against the death penalty now

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
These people really screwed up. Most of the country agrees it was excessive force that on first glance looks like the cop caused his death. But the rioters and thugs have lost control of the narrative. What morons.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
FWIW, from CNN:

Uh huh, and the one that was the normal course of business listed the manner of death a homicide. Meaning the way he was restrained played a massive role in his death. Pretty much like most people thought all along.
Massive role? No. It means the restraint played some role. Maybe large, maybe small.

I’ve never heard where a restraint directly caused a heart attack. I have heard amphetamines and/or fentanyl have caused heart attacks. But I have an open mind and could likely be convinced by experts. Do you?

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
It should be clear as ever 2nd amendment is sacrosanct. When seconds matter, the police are minutes away. Those decent people in big blue cities and state I feel for you. I fear it will only get worse there. It’s nice and quiet here in the burbs and countryside.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Massive role? No. It means the restraint played some role. Maybe large, maybe small.

I’ve never heard where a restraint directly caused a heart attack. I have heard amphetamines and/or fentanyl have caused heart attacks. But I have an open mind and could likely be convinced by experts. Do you?

There is no report of a heart attack by either examiner.