1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Gerald Green #6 in 2006 Mock Draft...

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Robslob24, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Robslob24

Robslob24 Deputy

nbadraft.net has him #6 overall going to the Hawks, not good news to me. At least it's after his freshman year, so he can lead us to the championship like Carmello.
  2. Fielder

Fielder Guest

That doesn't surprise me at all. We'll be lucky if we get him for more than a year.
  3. PlatteCoPoke

A/V Subscriber PlatteCoPoke Cowboy

If he can take us to a title in that one year.. I'll be content. We'll still have other studs sticking around, plus a nat'l title would bring even more recruits to town.
  4. OUguru

OUguru Cowboy

Gerald Green

Ya know. After all these transfers from D-1 schools and mostly JUCOS, Sutton finally starts bringing in the big time high school kids, and he gets them for the same amount of time that you would get a JUCO. he might not even get green, and Curry might be one and done. if Curry stays for 2 years i will be surprised. So they end up being no different than getting a juco, because they arent staying their 4 years. If Green goes into the draft right out of high school, i will be pretty angry. yea i am an OU fan and i dont want him to torch us. But College basketball is taking a huge hit from these kids going to the nba. so for college bballs sake i hope they stay. but we all know curry and green will probably only be together for a year. and green maybe not at all
  5. PlatteCoPoke

A/V Subscriber PlatteCoPoke Cowboy

I agree about it being bad for college bball when these kids leave early... now i also beleive Lebron had no business playing college ball....but something has got to be done.. I want to see more Tim Duncans and Jay Williams and less Kwame Browns (who could've been a college star instead of NBA bust)
  6. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

If he comes he will open the eyes to every big time high school prospect like T.J. Ford did with Texas and now they are recruiting good every year. He will make it ok to go to Stillwater which so far high schoolers didn't seem to like to do but Marcus Dove quote is the best I have heard, "I was at a game in GIA and the atmosphere is tremendous and Coach Sutton is a Legend, HOW COULD I PASS AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THIS UP?" If only for one year that will be ok with me one is better than none.
  7. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

and just think if he comes for 1 year goes first round that would be 3 years in a row with a first rounder NATIONAL PUB written all over that b/c I feel Joey is a lottery pick. and Lucas could sneak in the late first round, and if Curry stayed 2 years and went with Green man o man
  8. OUguru

OUguru Cowboy

pistol

yes one year is better than none i suppose. i jsut wish there was an age limit for the NBA. it keeps getting worse every year with the high school kids. Yea the atmosphere at GIA is great, i have been there for some big time games and its unreal. But so is Cameron Indoor, and Shaun Livingston passed that up, and Arkansas has a great program and arena with 15,000 strong and Al Jefferson passed that up, Indiana has a great program with great fans and Josh Smith passed that up. And each year more and more kids pass up on a great experience for money. And this is the first taste of it OSU has had in awhile. but its the reality of the game now i guess until they put an age limit on it.
  9. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

We had a Juco go straight to the NBA somebody give me his name I think it was after the last Final Four
  10. OUguru

OUguru Cowboy

pistol

and yea, having a first rounder 3 years in a row is good. it will help you guys get more players who committ to college programs as a backup plan incase they arent projected in the first round. i dont think its right for them to do that to the coaches, their teammates, the school who gives them a free education and the fans who pay damn good money to watch them play. to just split and bail out on their teammates and all those people who have put time and money into them. For those big time high school kids college is just a way for them to get drafted higher. it sickens me, and mr vitale.
  11. OUguru

OUguru Cowboy

pistol

that was one guy greg, and you dont even remember his name. we are talkin lots of guys who skip out on college bball to go to the league.
  12. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

yeah but obviously this isn't our first taste now is it?
  13. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

It is great PUB it will only bring better players every year and soon the recruiting will be too much to handle
  14. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

We have Harris and Flemings and they are not push overs I feel both of these guys are 4 year guys and they will attract players as well, if we get Eaton, Criswell, Cooper and Davis then everyone needs to watch out...and with all that talent yeah Green would be missed but would attract more recruits to come and play with that core

Eaton/Curry
    Curry/Harris/Flemings
    Green/Flemings
    Pettway
    Davis

Bench
    Dove
    Harris
    Flemings
    Cooper
    Eaton if Curry started at point
  15. OUguru

OUguru Cowboy

pistol

Curry wont stay more than a year.
  16. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

Thanks Kester I'm sure you know him very well...and I forgot to mention Criswell at PF on the line-up list..Harris or Flemings would start then
  17. OKSTCOWBOYS1

OKSTCOWBOYS1 Cowboy

The only way any of these guys will be 1 and done is if we win the Title next year.

If we get to the NC game and fall short or just get to the Final 4 they will want to prove their worth and return.

They want the Ring and the Pub.

One thing for sure if they stay they might go from a Top 10 pick to a lottery pick that is tons of $$$!!!

No player under Eddie or Sean that has NBA talent will drop in the Draft if they stay at OSU it is only going to be up...the question is how high and how fast.
  18. OUguru

OUguru Cowboy

pistol

kester? the door swings both ways. do you know him good enough to say he will stay? maybe when you talked to him in person last week he told you that he would stay, and that he would hire tony lindsays agent and get 14 years of eligibility. I am just agreeing with Greg Swaim when he says Curry will only stay for a year. he is the expert, and i happen to agree with him.
  19. PistolPaden

PistolPaden Greenhorn

I think he won't get enough PUB until he is the man but if he does tear it up in the Tourney then he is gone but I think he will be a 2 year guy..are they still punishing teams (scholarship wise) that have guys leave early b/c they didn't graduate?
  20. OUguru

OUguru Cowboy

pistol

i think they are going to start doin that. which might make college coaches not take these one year and done guys. which will help but hurt at the same time. the university might not get the player they want that they know will stay for a year or two. and it might force more kids who arent ready for the league to make the jump to pro. and then of course there will be some cases where it convinces them to stay all 4 years