Gundy the 11th highest paid college FB coach in the Country

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 31, 2011
Four (three next year with Meyer leaving) of the coaches ahead of him have won a NC, and Malzahn and Kirby have coached in one. So I get them being paid more, but I'd take Gundy over Malzahn, Jimbo, Harbaugh, Frost, Mullen, or Herman.

Edit: Nevermind, it was Chizek that led Auburn to the NC game wasn't it?

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It is what it is...all of them are WAY overpaid...but it's the market and it's awesome that our Princeton on the Prairie is able to reward our most successful ever football coach basically the going rate for someone that has helped to bring us status and excitement in the sport. Certainly we want more, but being able to pay the going rate was something we couldn't do two decades ago and I celebrate the fact that Mike Holder, Boone Pickens, and a host of others have changed the game for us.

Every time I see HCMG's name on one of these top paid coaches list I'm actually very happy about it. Sure, I wish I made that much money, but envy steals life....I don't understand the fact that college football has become this kind of market, but it has and that's why we have to pay. I also think it's important to remember where we have come from. Now let's go win another championship!

Go Pokes!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2010
These guys are making some serious dough. How long has Gundy been making $5mil. Couples years. He lasts ten at that rate, that's $100million. I doubt when he was playing qb in Stillwater as collegiate, that he would have ever dreamed of making that kind of money coaching football.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
His buyout, specifically, is patently absurd.

Edit: I also think state-level employees shouldn't be paid $5 million for coaching, but that's an argument for another thread.