1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Hardest Road game

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by snuffy, Aug 17, 2012.

1. OUTitan

OUTitan Cowboy

While the O-line depth was hurt we are not one deep. The center position would be concern if Ikard gets hurt.
    WR- Stills & Justin Brown have played. If Jalen Saunders gets cleared that would be another player who has played D-1. The reports of WR's are better than they have been in many years. I think the entire off season of LJ knowing there is no Ryan Broyles to be his go to guy should help. Teams rolled up coverage on Stills last year and when Jaz Reynolds went down in the Baylor game that is when the passing game stagnated.

RB - Whaley is not coming off an ACL. Broken ankle. He is going full speed. I like B. Clay better than most OU fans. D Williams is a JUCO that has looked good from reports, as has true frosh A Ross f Jenks. Finch as been moved to slot wr

DL. We lost 3 or 4 our best d-lineman?? We lost our 2 DE's and return everybody else. We return our entire DT rotation and add in Jordon Phillips (assuming S McGee suspension isn't a season ender).
    Where is this coming from that we can't pressure on the QB? We had 10 more sacks than OSU did last year (who also lost their DE's). OU's DL is probably as deep as it's been in awhile. David King & RJ Washington were both good players last year behind the starters

DB's- Our corners are awful? Sorry but that is just stupid. D. Hurst and A Colvin are not not awful by any stretch of the imagination. I saw the yahoo postion rankings (which of course mean very little) but they had OU secondary ahead of OSUs. Of course, that is very debatable but the point being there is not big of seperation in the units. Hurst, Jefferson and Colvin are all proven good players

To me the weak link of the D is LB's.

Of course we have questions to be answered. It's college football, everybody does.

2. Goiter

Goiter Wrangler

3. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

Fair enough. I don't think it will be an easy game by any stretch but I think OSU has a chance.

4. CampusCowboy

CampusCowboy Federal Marshal

Nobody said that OSU didn't have a chance, we do. But to say that OU isn't our toughest road game is crazy.

5. TheOSUDude

TheOSUDude Sheriff

Between KSU and OU, I give the edge to OU due to their Big 12 Record in Norman. They've only lost 2 Big 12 games in Norman under Stoops. That one will be hard, no doubt.

6. Propeller

Propeller Wrangler

Anyone in this thread who doesn't say OU is delusional. Their consistency year in and year out, their home win record, and their record against OSU are unquestionable no matter how badly we beat them at home last year. Every one on both sides gets fired up for that Bedlam game, and if you underestimate OU for a second you're looking for trouble.

Here's my top 8:

1. ESPN
    2. OU
    3. OU
    4. OU
    5. NCAA
    6. KSU
    7. AU
    8. Baylor

7. cowboys_r_us

cowboys_r_us Deputy

Completely agree.

Anyone that is already calling that game a win is drinking ALOT of koolaid.

8. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

All I am saying is that we don't have to be playing out of our minds to beat them in Norman because I truly believe this OU team is not as good as past OU teams. It may be our toughest game next KSU but I don't see us going in there and being intimidated by any stretch.

9. OSU_CC

OSU_CC Territorial Marshal

10. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com A/V Subscriber

I think the toughest road game will be against OU.

Now with that said, I think people are getting a little out of hand about that game.

First of all, their past record against us will have absolutely zero to do with this game. The only thing the OSU players will remember will be last year. They will have confidence due to such a strong win (one that had more to do with defense and a strong running game than Weeden and Blackmon) and that will have more of a psychological effect than any loss before it.

Second of all, the luster and awe of playing OU in Norman lost a lot of its glimmer when Texas Tech came in and beat them last year.

Texas Tech.

The same Texas Tech that lost every single game after that win.

So yeah, if that Texas Tech team can hand OU a loss like that in Norman, I see no reason why OSU couldn't do the same.

cowboyethics344 and snuffy like this.
  11. Goiter

Goiter Wrangler

So 2011 = everything; all prior = "absolutely zero to do with this game."

And a 77-3 record is negated by one loss.

Goodness gracious!

StillwaterMan likes this.
  12. cowboys_r_us

cowboys_r_us Deputy

http://www.texags.com

StillwaterMan likes this.
  13. Poke Flyfisher

Poke Flyfisher Cowboy

Are you really serious???? What a really strange question considering our track record in Norman and the fact that all the polls have uo in the top 5. Your next question should be "Will we be favored in our game against Savannah State?????"

14. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com A/V Subscriber

I don't think last year's result means everything...but it means a whole hell of a lot more than any year before that. The returning players don't care about what happened before they even played for OSU. Or rather, they aren't going to be mentally affected by it. All they'll have in their heads will be what happened most recently.

And as for the 77-3 record, again, I think what happens most recently plays a bigger part than anything else behind it. With the group of players OU is returning they have proven to be beatable in Norman. And not by an elite team either. In my opinion, OU had more talent on each side of the ball last year than they will this year. And granted, OSU lost Weeden and Blackmon. But even so, I feel like Bedlam was won with defense and a strong running game--both of which will be better this year than last. So with all that in mind, I don't think this year's Bedlam game is as daunting as others believe. Just my opinion.

15. McalPoke

McalPoke Territorial Marshal

uo for all the reasons previously stated. But the biggest reason, its uo.

16. EdmondPoke

EdmondPoke Wrangler

This is an easy one.......1. uo...2. K-State......3. Arizona, because its the first road game.

17. AshlandFlash

AshlandFlash Territorial Marshal

uo is obviously the toughest road game. BUT, any of you negative nellies who say we can't win that game need to check your doubts at the door. This team is good enough to win any game on the schedule. We may have the ability to lose 5 games, but we have the same ability to win 13 games. Parity is the name of the game, and unlike trabs and the uo radio squad, parity is NOT the same as mediocrity. Have faith.:koolaid: And a shot of the Koolaid, it's good for what ails ya...

Any given Saturday (or Thursday, Friday, or the occasional early Sunday morning...)

snuffy likes this.
  18. CampusCowboy

Nobody anywhere has said that we can't win that game. All I have seen is people claiming that the OU game is incomeiously the most difficult road game and listing the reasons why.

Why do people continue to infer that people are saying that we can't win the OU game? Nobody has said that.

19. AshlandFlash

AshlandFlash Territorial Marshal

Did I step on your poor widdle toes?

If not, what's your problem? If so, move 'em.

I have a right to my optimistic opinion too, so don't try raining on MY parade!

20. CampusCowboy

Sorry, didn't mean to take it all out on you, because this has come up multiple times.

Just feels like about the 7th time I have posted the same response (I think it is really the 3rd time, 2nd time on this page alone), so I'm a little frustrated. Nobody has found a post in this thread with a poster saying that OSU has no shot in Norman. People are inferring this and it is creating an argument where there isn't any. The argument is whether the KSU or OU road game is tougher. Everyone is in agreement that OSU at least has a chance to win both of those games.