Have you watched this?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Though coalition troops suffered a spate of combat casualties last summer and early fall, only a few have since been killed. Four Americans were killed in combat in early 2020, but the Taliban have not attacked American positions since a February agreement.

Some officials have theorized that the Russians may be seeking revenge on NATO forces for a 2018 battle in Syria in which the American military killed several hundred pro-Syrian forces, including numerous Russian mercenaries, as they advanced on an American outpost. Officials have also suggested that the Russians may have been trying to derail peace talks to keep the United States bogged down in Afghanistan. But the motivation remains murky.

https://dnyuz.com/2020/06/26/russia...ounties-to-kill-troops-u-s-intelligence-says/

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Get back to me when Trump trades 5 international terror kingpins for an army deserter. That was some monumental foreign policy there and not based on some "unnamed source".

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Get back to me when Trump trades 5 international terror kingpins for an army deserter. That was some monumental foreign policy there and not based on some "unnamed source".
Obama isn't the President so anything related to previous administrations is just deflecting from the current issue.

I think it's a bit early to pass judgement here, but assuming this is true, does it impact your opinion on Trump? I'm not trying to be a jerk here and asking an honest question. You've adamantly defended the guy and I'm just wondering if this is something that the 35-40% of the country who won't abandon him will look at and reconsider how strong your attachment is.

Jul 22, 2011
I have now watched it.

Is this different from the Russian proxy wars we have been fighting in Syria and Ukraine? Russia pays terrorists to do their killing. Breaking News from every war since the 1960's.

What should Trump's response be? I'd like to see him negotiate peace and get out of Afghanistan.
What's the alternative suggested here by Chris Hayes? Nukes?