Heating a tent

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Anyone know of a heater, preferably inexpensive, that's safe to use in a tent?
My buddy who is a hunter has a Mr. Heater Buddy that he has loaned me a couple times. Honestly, never used it though. Just googled it and they are about $70 on Prime.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Anyone know of a heater, preferably inexpensive, that's safe to use in a tent?
My buddy who is a hunter has a Mr. Heater Buddy that he has loaned me a couple times. Honestly, never used it though. Just googled it and they are about $70 on Prime.
They also have different sizes depending on how big of tent you have. Uses the little green propane bottles or a big one with a converter hose.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I know someone that used one of those buddy things, and yeah, it was scary.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Here we are talking about heating a tent and I'm going to be on a campout this weekend with a couple of my little kids and it's supposed to be freezing Friday. Ugh

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Here we are talking about heating a tent and I'm going to be on a campout this weekend with a couple of my little kids and it's supposed to be freezing Friday. Ugh

Fall camping is the best. Build a big camp fire and sit around it with your kids as long as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
I used to know a man who served in WW2 and was stationed in Alaska. He told once about sleeping out when they were out on maneuvers. Said the sleeping bags they were issued would keep them warm but they had to undress before getting in them so as not to sweat in their clothes. That was the worst part he said, undressing and getting out to dress in the morning.

I agree with getting a good sleeping bag. If you try using a heater, besides being a fire hazard, don't forget about carbon monoxide.