House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Devin Nunes opened up by telling Sondland he was here to be smeared by Democrats. Now that Republicans don't like his testimony we get to see him be smeared by Republicans. I guess technically Nunes was telling the truth...
I sometimes wonder if you have a job...a real job...to have the time to follow all this ongoing endless investigation ?

Oct 7, 2008
I sometimes wonder if you have a job...a real job...to have the time to follow all this ongoing endless investigation ?
Did you know that people work from these contraptions folks call computers these days? Love how you guys imply people don't work because they can pay attention to an impeachment hearing. Yes, I have a pretty well paying job. Paid for college myself. Paid for post-grad myself.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
There hasn't been an impeachment inquiry since the 90's over a blowjob revelation that was the result of a 4 year investigation about real estate.

This is real time US history. The alleged crimes took place in July time frame. So this is a fast moving real time and engaging. I am following closely for sure. The crime has been all but confirmed by each witnesses testimony given in the last few days.

On top of that the POTUS is real time engaging in witness tampering. The private attorney hasn't been charged yet but may be. The Sec of State is now threatening to resign. So many moving parts it is like House of Cards in real life.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Nixon would never have been convicted by senate until hearings started in the house & then he resigned.

It’s being reported there are over 400 bills passed by the house being held up w no vote by Mitch in the Senate

This is the work of the people. A majority of Americans overwhelmingly voted in 2018 to return the house to the Ds. A majority of Americans currently want the impeachment inquiry to move forward. Several witnesses have testified that the withholding of aid has been detrimental to US National Security combatting 1 of our fiercest foes who is at war w a European ally
Should probably do a little reading. Scandal fatigue is a real thing.

Dec 9, 2013
Ha. Even some never Trumpers are admitting now that there is nothing illegal in the call.

The Steele dossier turned out to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we had to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. Now the whistleblower appears to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we have to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. I think I'm seeing a pattern here
What was incorrect in Steele & what was the whistleblower incorrect about?

Also every investigation into Russia has been for either house or senate Rs or the Trump appointed DOJ Special Counsel.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
What was incorrect in Steele & what was the whistleblower incorrect about?

Also every investigation into Russia has been for either house or senate Rs or the Trump appointed DOJ Special Counsel.
What was correct about Steele? Mueller could not do anything with it, after 2 years. If it was legit we would not be hearing about this circus

Dec 9, 2013
Should probably do a little reading. Scandal fatigue is a real thing.
I confess to not reading this morning but as of yesterday polling showed 70% of Americans believed the Pres had done something wrong. 51% believed it warranted impeachment & removal. 1 in 5 respondents said the public hearings had led them to this decision. This was all before the R witnesses, Volker & Morrison. And before Sondland threw everyone under the bus.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
How about the President requesting help from foreign governments with elections? I see a pattern there.
It most certainly is not considered an impeachable offense to Senate Republicans or to the Republicans in this forum. Democrats should have known that they had to come up with something better or forget trying to impeach. As a result, Trump may actually sense he better be more careful about not doing or saying something stupid or unethical before the 2020 election. Democrats don't need him being more careful.

Jul 22, 2011
OTTOMH

-Steele claimed Trump associates were smuggling in Russian assets through the Russian embassy in Miami.
No such embassy exists

-Steele claimed Cohen met with Putin associates in Prague
Cohen has never been to Prague

-Steele claimed Carter Page took a massive bribe
Proven false by Mueller

-Piss tape.
Sorry to disappoint the Wine Aunts in thread, but it's not real

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I confess to not reading this morning but as of yesterday polling showed 70% of Americans believed the Pres had done something wrong. 51% believed it warranted impeachment & removal. 1 in 5 respondents said the public hearings had led them to this decision. This was all before the R witnesses, Volker & Morrison. And before Sondland threw everyone under the bus.
I guess we've learned nothing about polling data.

And, are you quoting a single poll, or what? Because if you actually look across the landscape, the country's pretty evenly divided on this & has been for weeks. Data actually shows in an ABC poll that people had their minds made up before the inquiry even began, & haven't wavered one way of the other through the proceedings.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
opus penguins falklands.gif

Dec 9, 2013
I guess we've learned nothing about polling data.

And, are you quoting a single poll, or what? Because if you actually look across the landscape, the country's pretty evenly divided on this & has been for weeks. Data actually shows in an ABC poll that people had their minds made up before the inquiry even began, & haven't wavered one way of the other through the proceedings.
I used the ABC poll. It shows 1 in 5 said the public hearings led them to their decision. Again this was before this morning & Sondland.

Funny you say we’ve learned nothing about polling then cite a poll.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Funny how some 2 million people regularly watch Fox News to their detriment. Lol
And those same 2 million think the same about you. As we have seen though, the liberal opinion is all that matters. It would be funny to see a comparison of what the percentage of accuracy of news organizations by a nonpartisan group.

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
And those same 2 million think the same about you. As we have seen though, the liberal opinion is all that matters. It would be funny to see a comparison of what the percentage of accuracy of news organizations by a nonpartisan group.
Goofy!!! 2 million people don’t even know who you or I are! You are witnessing nonpartisans witness for the most part. “ Having eyes to see, they see not. Having ears to hear, they hear not”.
P.S.the witnesses that aren’t nonpartisans are Republican appointees.

Last edited: