House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
You guys do. If enough Rs will get behind Trump not being on the ballot. That doesn’t mean impeach & remove or resigning. If public opinion can move Rs in congress & senate to convince him he has no option, he will not run in 2020. Get an opening for someone else like Kasich who is waiting on this.
Absolutely no way Trump goes quietly. However this ends, he will keep banging the various conspiracy drums to the detriment of the country until the day he dies.

Dec 9, 2013
Kasich is too milk toast and stands for very little...that's the problem. If we had a Reagan we would totally dump Trump...but we don't...we have a Reagan with an bad attitude, a pacifier, and a twitter account. It is what it is...we want a statesmen and instead we have an unruly teenager, but with "mostly" our ideas . I guess that is why so many teens around the country like the guy...he's a living breathing meme with little self control.
Get out of here with that “statesman” BS.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I love seeing people react to political theater...some things never change. Some media and politicians will declare each day and each witness as bad for Trump, other media and politicians will declare each day and each witness as bad for the Dems....the same day and same witness in each case mind you.

And of course people are going to seize on the ones they agree with as proof they are right....and you have the wonderful spectacle of two groups of people pointing to the same "witnesses" as to why each opposing group is wrong.

And at the end of it all, Trump is not going to be removed from office, Congress is not going to solve one problem that faces this country, and we the people are going to vote for Rs and D's just like we always do. Suckers, all of us.
Very well said

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You guys do. If enough Rs will get behind Trump not being on the ballot. That doesn’t mean impeach & remove or resigning. If public opinion can move Rs in congress & senate to convince him he has no option, he will not run in 2020. Get an opening for someone else like Kasich who is waiting on this.
I should have said better alternative...

Dec 9, 2013
I should have said better alternative...
Any conservative that is a decent human being is exponentially better than Trump. You guys had that chance in 2016 and nominated a misogynistic, bigoted con man.

Now all of America and it’s allies are paying for it.

Think about what we’ve learned this week alleged crimes aside.

Trump was so righteous that he wouldn’t meet with the leader of an ally in an existential war w our enemy for the last 75ish years. Giving that enemy exactly what they wanted. But he’s willing to meet with Un, Erdogan, MBS, & Putin.

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
The Donald is still alive, still President, still the enemy of the media, the Deepstate, and the corrupt Washington elite, those who love wars that don’t end. When he went to Walter Reed hospital the hope was that he had a life ending health problem, but alas the unlikely hero is ok.. The left has shot their wad and the panic is near. The world needs a washing, let it rain.

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
The Donald is still alive, still President, still the enemy of the media, the Deepstate, and the corrupt Washington elite, those who love wars that don’t end. When he went to Walter Reed hospital the hope was that he had a life ending health problem, but alas the unlikely hero is ok.. The left has shot their wad and the panic is near. The world needs a washing, let it rain.
Life ending health problem? I can’t imagine anyone wishing that.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Any conservative that is a decent human being is exponentially better than Trump. You guys had that chance in 2016 and nominated a misogynistic, bigoted con man.

Now all of America and it’s allies are paying for it.

Think about what we’ve learned this week alleged crimes aside.

Trump was so righteous that he wouldn’t meet with the leader of an ally in an existential war w our enemy for the last 75ish years. Giving that enemy exactly what they wanted. But he’s willing to meet with Un, Erdogan, MBS, & Putin.
And you guys nominated someone so distasteful he won. And you're doing it again.

America is paying for it?

From my perspective the economy is booming, we are renegotiating trade agreements that weren't in our best interest, drawing down troops overseas and addressing a decades old boarder problem that both parties actively ignored.

If I didn't turn on most of the news networks I wouldn't even know that everything has gone to crap.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
So basically you agree with me that we haven't had a statesman since Reagan and Trump certainly isn't one.
I'd say we've had 4 between Reagan and Trump. Everyone on the opposite side had reasons to complain about their administrations but they all handled their time in the office with a certain level of dignity. Currently we don't have that.

The blind partisanship is disconcerting. The Republican base isn't staying home next November. There's a lot of I don't like him but he's better than anything with a D going on here. If that is how the Republican base feels that's fine. But you guys have a solid conservative option B in Pence who could take the office and have two chances for reelection. Trump is a loose cannon and I don't think the middle of the country would see removing him from office as a referendum on the party. You have someone that could provide stability to the office, bring back the never Trumpers to the fold, and according to the constitution run again in 2024. Yet many of you are willing to say you don't like the guy but you'll die on this hill because winning right now is more important than securing a decades worth of supreme court nominations.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'd say we've had 4 between Reagan and Trump. Everyone on the opposite side had reasons to complain about their administrations but they all handled their time in the office with a certain level of dignity. Currently we don't have that.

The blind partisanship is disconcerting. The Republican base isn't staying home next November. There's a lot of I don't like him but he's better than anything with a D going on here. If that is how the Republican base feels that's fine. But you guys have a solid conservative option B in Pence who could take the office and have two chances for reelection. Trump is a loose cannon and I don't think the middle of the country would see removing him from office as a referendum on the party. You have someone that could provide stability to the office, bring back the never Trumpers to the fold, and according to the constitution run again in 2024. Yet many of you are willing to say you don't like the guy but you'll die on this hill because winning right now is more important than securing a decades worth of supreme court nominations.
Pence is a good man, I agree, and he is FAR more like most of us than is Trump. The problem with that is we are overrun and trampled on by our enemies because we think we see beyond this world to the next...If you understand that, or are a Christ follower, you know exactly what I mean. This is a dilemma because the current life becomes less important than the one to come for us and getting along becomes more important to our mission than does winning. Maybe that makes no sense to you, maybe not, but it's certainly a dilemma for the right and the middle both when choosing candidates that they think will lead the country to be better protectors of our children and our grandchildren and their ideals and beliefs which we feel are under viscous attack by our own culture. As far as justices, I want a balance long term, not a domination. Balance is achieved naturally in our process currently...a back lash from Trump "could" cause a problem with that, I agree, but he has been able to appoint two so far and perhaps one more that can provide insulation from that backlash, if/when it comes. Btw, I DO fear the backlash for the country. Also, this guy Trump is a backlash himself.

Last edited:

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Are there more hearings today where the Chairman can Shiff all over himself and Swallwell can entertain with his gigantic flautulance, the Golden State is proud of this dynamic duo.The Deepstate DipShiffs.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Trump has always been an enigma to me. He's not really a fiscal conservative and has a history of calling on the government to be involved in economic matters. He was never a true 2nd amendment guy, but he's learned to be because of votes and money, and he's not exactly Christian in words or actions and really made little effort to even pretend to be.

I know those on the left like to simplify things down to he appeals to racists and chauvinists, but they don't really understand it either.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
they all handled their time in the office with a certain level of dignity. Currently we don't have that.
And what did that dignity get us? The size of the federal government exploded under the dignified watch of those dignified people. The illegal immigration issue was completely ignored by those dignified administrations. The counties surrounding DC became the wealthiest counties in the entire country, but at least the did so in a dignified manner right.

Heck, every single problem the Dems are currently running on didn't spring into existence in January 2017.

I've criticized Trump's behavior from day one, and I wish he would treat the office with more respect. But to wish for the status quo of the last 3 decades because the current guy is a jerk is just plain silly. And let me add, I'm not saying Trump is the guy to fix any of the problems facing us, but he's barely had an opportunity to even try, how do we know until then?