How do we finish?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pretty much agree on Gundy as the HC, but his stamping of Gundy 101 offense on the OC is pretty upsetting.

We need another Boone Pickens that will donate hundred of millions and stiff neck on Gundy.

We need to stop awarding contract extension to Gundy. As someone said before, it won't hurt recruiting at all. With the facilities and the stability of Gundy at the helm, we were and are not winning much against the likes of Baylor and TCU much less Texas and 0U.
I think he took a million dollar a year pay cut...so that's not really doing what you are saying. I'd say that was likely Holder doing what Pickens cannot.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
lmao in other words...just settle and never strive for anything else. Hey if that’s for approach...good for you. Doesn’t work for me. Like I said, every old head on this board will be dead and gone by the time we put it together
Dude, it's entirely possible that college football will be dead and gone before we "put it together," in your mind. It's a sad existence to not enjoy and be thankful for the things we do have and always looking for something we don't. It's a form of envy and it eats at ones very core to be like that. I'm not saying we shouldn't strive to be better, but I am saying that what I described is problem in our society.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Gundy basically gave free reins to Knowles and said "go do your thing". And look at the result !
Wish he'd do the same thing with Offense.
And get a STs coach and give him the same control.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Will "how do we finish" be impacted by any of our players or opponents players (or teams that are involved in determining the CCG contestants) be impacted by opt outs ?

Here's the first:

Texas offensive tackle Samuel Cosmi is opting out of the rest of the 2020 season to begin preparation for the NFL draft, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Will "how do we finish" be impacted by any of our players or opponents players (or teams that are involved in determining the CCG contestants) be impacted by opt outs ?

Here's the first:

Texas offensive tackle Samuel Cosmi is opting out of the rest of the 2020 season to begin preparation for the NFL draft, a source confirmed to ESPN.
Gonna be a long offseason in Austin. They're one of the few schools that can afford to buy out the HC & his staff & I'll bet they do it.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Dude, it's entirely possible that college football will be dead and gone before we "put it together," in your mind. It's a sad existence to not enjoy and be thankful for the things we do have and always looking for something we don't. It's a form of envy and it eats at ones very core to be like that. I'm not saying we shouldn't strive to be better, but I am saying that what I described is problem in our society.
save the self righteous speech for someone who cares. If you think this eats at my core you’re sadly mistaken. It’s a message board for Christ sakes man....if you want to preach save it for the ministry

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Gonna be a long offseason in Austin. They're one of the few schools that can afford to buy out the HC & his staff & I'll bet they do it.
While they can afford it, asking alums to use $25 million, per the Athletic that is total HC and staff buyout, when they are already mad about the school song will be a hard ask.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
While they can afford it, asking alums to use $25 million, per the Athletic that is total HC and staff buyout, when they are already mad about the school song will be a hard ask.
Yeah, I think UT wins the last two games and Herman keeps his job for one more season.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Here's the first:

Gundy hinted that Jenkins is doing that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
lol

The best coaches and players of all time have all been "eaten to the core", then. It's actually a required trait to be great. Look at the best ones; Saban, Belichick, Brady, Jordan......all of them great, and all of them eaten to the core with never being content. You can't strive to be better while resting in mediocrity. The two are mutually exclusive.

The problem is that our current coach is almost actively fighting to NOT be great. He's comfortable, content, and settled into a safe situation that pays him millions of dollars. Since it's apparent that he doesn't have that greatness gene driving him from the inside, then he needs external motivation, and he's not getting it under his current contract. The only way to push our coach towards striving to be better appears to be fan pressure, because losing apparently isn't enough.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
lol

The best coaches and players of all time have all been "eaten to the core", then. It's actually a required trait to be great. Look at the best ones; Saban, Belichick, Brady, Jordan......all of them great, and all of them eaten to the core with never being content. You can't strive to be better while resting in mediocrity. The two are mutually exclusive.

The problem is that our current coach is almost actively fighting to NOT be great. He's comfortable, content, and settled into a safe situation that pays him millions of dollars. Since it's apparent that he doesn't have that greatness gene driving him from the inside, then he needs external motivation, and he's not getting it under his current contract. The only way to push our coach towards striving to be better appears to be fan pressure, because losing apparently isn't enough.
He just hasn't done enough of it...losing that is...I think they do strive daily to be better.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Gundy is so funny.
He tells Jenkins he's worth $40Mil in the pros and repeats the story to the media.
At today's presser, he says R Williams made himself a lot of coin by putting out good tape this year.
But when asked about Chuba's NFL future he said "oh, I don't know what NFL guys are looking for, I don't talk to them".

Quite the character there.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Gundy is so funny.
He tells Jenkins he's worth $40Mil in the pros and repeats the story to the media.
At today's presser, he says R Williams made himself a lot of coin by putting out good tape this year.
But when asked about Chuba's NFL future he said "oh, I don't know what NFL guys are looking for, I don't talk to them".

Quite the character there.
I read the same thing. I also read between the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
lol

I need a scorecard to keep up with all your goofy reasons why Gundy is a terrible coach.

You must be bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
As the very least, its becoming boring and uninspirational.
I think more and more OSU fans are catching on which means I think ticket sales are getting ready to show how uninspired OSU fans have become about this version of Gundy
If attendance limits are lifted next year, I'm curious how the ticket sales look.

1) Tickets are too expensive
2) Want to save money.
3) A lot of people were able to watch from the comfort of their homes.
4) Last second, not a hard ticket to get on gameday at less than face value.
5) Prime game is OU and that is consistently a loss. However re-sell ability might drive up season tickets if OU is projected to be a top 5 team.
6) $5 Water

Allowing people to use their money from this year towards next year's tickets was a brilliant move by OSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.