1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

How Many Paul Supporters Will Switch To Obama?

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by Erick, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaje

A/V Subscriber kaje Let's Go Heat!

As you said, Ron Paul supporters are diverse. Each have their own issues that are more important to them than any others. Lets look at the issues compared to other candidates.

Ron Paul supporters are primarily supportive of Dr. Paul on the issue of civil liberties, freedom and the Constitution. What other candidate has shown these characteristics? We have nothing but candidates that voted for the Patriot Act, want a national ID card, support a war without a declaration, the rant list can go on and on. At this point, to most Ron Paul supporters, everyone else is unelectable.

Going down a tier, the issue that is important for Ron Paul supporters is a fork in the road and that is either economy or foreign policy. In a lot of ways, they're very similar. In a lot of ways, they're very different. What is the number one solution out of Dr. Paul's mouth when discussing how to resolve our economic woes? Foreign policy. Now, who's ready to resolve that issue swiftfully? It sure isn't any other candidates wearing the elephant pins. I sure as hell don't want the continuation of an unjustified war bankrupting my country. And before discussing the Democratic's big government/big spending, has anyone been awake for the past 7 years? I'd take the Democratic's version of big government/big spending compared to what we've had to put up with.
  2. FrankStallone83

FrankStallone83 Cowboy

conservative issues like the marraige amendment or abortion I am probably more liberal on, but they aren't important issues to me.

I like ron paul b/c I agree with his foriegn & economic policies. I also agree with him that the two are very closely related; this is why even though I strongly disagree w/ the democratic/liberal domestic ideology, I would consider voting Obama just to get out of Iraq.
  3. Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber Donnyboy Chances are we're Eskimo brothers

This is what I am talking about......the guy I work with is literally saving to go off the grid in Montana (he is also one of the brightest energy traders in country... go figure) so he loves the "leave me alone" "I should be able to own a rocket launcher" side of Paul........but he would completely disagree with Kaje's take on how war bankrupts economies and dems won't spend.
  4. Donnyboy

If you are a socially liberal rep. McCain is your man......no one gets us out of Iraq quickly. Maybe a vet that was stuck in hell for sometime will have some good ideas on exit strategies...?
  5. FrankStallone83

FrankStallone83 Cowboy

Exactly. This is why I have to giggle when John "100 years in Iraq would be fine with me" McCain points fingers at the democrats for spending lately.
  6. FrankStallone83

FrankStallone83 Cowboy

I'm not ignorant of McCain, I used to be a fan, but his foreign policy is completely against what I believe is best for us. The only thing I can say for him now is he's better than hilldog.
  7. kaje

Maybe if he wanted to leave and not spend 100 years there. McCain has stated many times, the thing wrong with Iraq is our strategy, not our being there. As long as US soldiers aren't dying, he's happy. While that is a good thing, I'm not happy with Iraqis dying, either, which is over a million to date and doesn't even compare to our US soldier fatalities. I'm not happy with the trillions we're going to spend being there, as well.
  8. Donnyboy

Has anyone tallied delegates......I'm watching but not counting. I would think with Cali McCain would be untouchable. Obama is winning all the states that don't count....Idaho.....N. Dakota......Minn.....but is winning more states numerically. Hillary is winning where the people are....NJ...NY...Mass.....
  9. Donnyboy

A better strategy gets us out faster......no one NO ONE.... Not Paul....Not Obama...Not McCain....Not Hillary....is getting out of Iraq in a timely manner as a mess has been made. A mess we made but can't afford to leave for that area of the world to clean up. So don't vote for someone you think is taking office in Jan and bringing home in Feb cause it ain't happening and if it does we'll be worse off.
  10. kaje

It doesn't matter how many delegates the MSM says each candidate has. They're wrong.
  11. State

A/V Subscriber State Cold Ass Honkey

The US isn't killing the Iraqi's and I resent your insinuation that we are. Iraqis are killing each other, and outsiders from al-qaeda are killing Iraqis. The US may kill some of those insurgents and jihadists who are trying to kill US soldiers or Iraqis, but to put the blame for 1million casualties on us is absurd. If we pulled out tomorrow that death toll would spike dramatically as the insurgents and al-qaeda would run wild.
  12. State

I agree that he is the best speaker. I don't often listen to him, but he didn't sound any more black preacher tonight than usual to me.
  13. Donnyboy

Clinton - 591
    Obama - 476

McCain - 487
    Romney - 176
    Huck - 122
  14. kaje

Where did I insinuate that? Quit pulling BS arguments out of your ( o ) that have nothing to do with the topic just to try and make yourself sound righteous. What was the Iraqi death toll from 1998-2003? Did it or did it not increase? If you think an invasion wasn't the cause of that increase, you're not very smart. Why is al Qaeda now abundantly in Iraq when they weren't before? If you think an invasion wasn't the cause of that, you're not very smart. Why are Iraqi insurgents protecting their country from US troops? If you think an invasion wasn't the cause of that, you're not very smart. Now don't turn this thread off topic with your stupid unpatriotic finger pointing. Use some logic if you're going to throw that pile of feces at me.
  15. kaje

Doesn't matter. The MSM considers that ALL delegates from a particular state are going to vote for the candidate that won that state. :p
  16. HanesOnU

HanesOnU Deputy

Yes, b/c we all know the delegates are all gonna vote for Ron Paul. Even the Dems.
  17. Donnyboy

Yeah that's where I was going with the delegate count.....is it over? I can Obama catch her after today.....the rep side is over.
  18. State

Don't try to back your way out of the idiotic things you say like you usually do. You implied that the US presence in Iraq is the cause of the deaths. You support an idiotic candidate who supports pulling troops out immediately. Add the two together and it's obvious you think when the US troops are gone, the deaths will stop. Give me a break. Until the Iraqis can stand up their own army and police force, the US presence prevents more deaths from occurring. So either get off your self-righteous 'I care about the Iraqis' soapbox, or stop advocating an immediate withdrawal that would cause more deaths. Threads wouldn't be hijacked right and left if you didn't have say such nonsensical crap in every one.
  19. kaje

Those don't include the delegates that are elected at the state convention from each precinct. Oh and Super Tuesday is only half the states. Hardly over. The rest of them is just a slower process.
  20. HanesOnU

HanesOnU Deputy

When war starts, sure they increase. But that this point we can't go back and redo it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.