Howdy former conferencemates!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 21, 2011
Wow! I haven't been around these parts in quite a spell.

So, it looks like the football gods have shat upon our two schools yet again. This will be the 4th Big12/former Big12 meet up for both squads. Something neither fanbase wanted. Kinda like having leftovers of a meal that wasn't very good in the first place. I was hoping for the Music City Bowl, because, well... Nashville and no Big12 team. Instead it's the Texas Bowl... and (sigh) Oklahoma State.

But hey, we don't really get much of a choice in this stuff and if our teams had won more games we wouldn't be in this mess. C'est la vie.

I'm hopeful that my beloved Aggie football team is more fired up about this matchup than I am. We'll see, I guess.

I perused your thread and there was some tepid smack. Aggies are weird, it's a cult, what's their deal with Texas, they're fake SEC... yadayadayada. About the level of effort this matchup deserves, to be honest. That said, I doubt you'll find much smack talk about y'all on the A&M sites as we've pretty well forgotten about you.

Being out of the Big12 has been friggin' awesome. I know y'all are kinda stuck there though. Maybe after the Big12 GOR expires you'll get to hide in the trunk and let OU take you to the PAC16 or the B1G. Maybe Ourkansas will leave the SEC to join the Big12 and you'll get to enjoy bagging on those toothless yokels. Ourkansas fans have been talking up the possibility of a move quite a bit lately. Apparently dumpster fires are attracted to other dumpster fires. Maybe Notre Dame, Florida State, and Miami will join the Big12 like UT fans were saying back in 2011 and the Big12 will become the greatest conference in history. Alls I'm saying is, things could get better, maybe.

So come on down to Houston in a couple weeks, spend your hard-earned meth-money, and cheer for your team that is mostly made up of Texas kids anyway.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I always enjoyed road trips to College Station and enjoyed Aggie fans. I agree that playing old conferences foes isn’t very interesting. Since the SEC gets to assign bowls for their schools it’s clear the powers that be in Birmingham think the fans want this. Maybe your AD should have petitioned the SEC offices like Tennessee did to take the Gator Bowl from UK.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
We get it - you're okay with getting beaten like a step child and paying top dollar for it as long as you can somehow one up claim to one up Texas,OSU,OU,Tech...well hell all the schools that beat you regularly - that should make it simpler. Does it feel better getting beaten in Alabama than it did getting beaten in Oklahoma?

Hopefully we get a good game - after OU I enjoy nothing more than beating the fighting glory holes.

Last edited:

OctaviusRexLTH

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Lol this is a school that had a sub .500 winning percentage on their latter years of the big 12, and is acting like they’re too good. Being in the same conference as Alabama doesn’t automatically make you good. I believe the rest of the SEC viewed A&M as a program they could use so they could leech recruits from Texas, but also not worry about beating them.

Jan 14, 2006

So, it looks like the football gods have shat upon our two schools yet again. This will be the 4th Big12/former Big12 meet up for both squads. Something neither fanbase wanted. Kinda like having leftovers of a meal that wasn't very good in the first place. I was hoping for the Music City Bowl, because, well... Nashville and no Big12 team. Instead it's the Texas Bowl... and (sigh) Oklahoma State.

But hey, we don't really get much of a choice in this stuff and if our teams had won more games we wouldn't be in this mess. C'est la vie.

I'm hopeful that my beloved Aggie football team is more fired up about this matchup than I am. We'll see, I guess.

I perused your thread and there was some tepid smack. Aggies are weird, it's a cult, what's their deal with Texas, they're fake SEC... yadayadayada. About the level of effort this matchup deserves, to be honest. That said, I doubt you'll find much smack talk about y'all on the A&M sites as we've pretty well forgotten about you.

Being out of the Big12 has been friggin' awesome. I know y'all are kinda stuck there though. Maybe after the Big12 GOR expires you'll get to hide in the trunk and let OU take you to the PAC16 or the B1G. Maybe Ourkansas will leave the SEC to join the Big12 and you'll get to enjoy bagging on those toothless yokels. Ourkansas fans have been talking up the possibility of a move quite a bit lately. Apparently dumpster fires are attracted to other dumpster fires. Maybe Notre Dame, Florida State, and Miami will join the Big12 like UT fans were saying back in 2011 and the Big12 will become the greatest conference in history. Alls I'm saying is, things could get better, maybe.

So come on down to Houston in a couple weeks, spend your hard-earned meth-money, and cheer for your team that is mostly made up of Texas kids anyway.
Welcome back to the board. I'd like to introduce you to this fella named Nolaeer. You guys should get along great!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Go get that mason jar and get busy

Lol. Aggie gonna aggie. Weren't you the 4th best team in your division this year? SEC SEC SEC!

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Good article on SEC groupies vs. SEC contributors. Cults are used to being loyal followers.

Texas A&M fell for the loser’s hymn of “S-E-C! S-E-C!”

From the article:
"Only the truly desperate embrace “S-E-C! S-E-C!” as a means of accomplishment of their own."

"The argument is that “S-E-C! S-E-C!” reflects not the conference, but rather six schools: Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee. That is the SEC; the rest are just members.
Those six have won every SEC title since 1976-77. Even then, one of the six managed a piece of it: Kentucky tied Georgia for the championship."

Winners chant their school name. Losers chant a club they are only a member of with no real contribution to it.

When was the last time A&M finished in the top 4 nationally in Football, Basketball, or Baseball? Is anyone still alive that played on those teams? OSU has done all 3 in the last 15 years.

Sep 21, 2011
We get it - you're okay with getting beaten like a step child and paying top dollar for it as long as you can somehow one up claim to one up Texas,OSU,OU,Tech...well hell all the schools that beat you regularly - that should make it simpler. Does it feel better getting beaten in Alabama than it did getting beaten in Oklahoma?

Hopefully we get a good game - after OU I enjoy nothing more than beating the fighting glory holes.
Really? You don't enjoy beating the Longhorns more? Why would you even care about A&M enough to put us in such rarefied air?