Howdy former conferencemates!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2012
[QUOTE="TPS_Report, post: 4009557, member: 9776"

So come on down to Houston in a couple weeks, spend your hard-earned meth-money, and cheer for your team that is mostly made up of Texas kids anyway.[/QUOTE]

Dick? Is that you, Dick? I know an Aggie named Dick. This must be you, Dick.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Ain't that the truth! Especially that 2011 game. That sumbitch still hurts. Gotdang Brandon Weeden!
I've got grudges with virtually every college football program outside of Stillwater so it was inevitable A&M would join the list. Although the Aggies are a curious bunch, I was really okay with the fans until the way you rallied around Johnnie Football, and skipped town on the conference.

Keep College Station "normal"?

Sep 21, 2011
I've got grudges with virtually every college football program outside of Stillwater so it was inevitable A&M would join the list. Although the Aggies are a curious bunch, I was really okay with the fans until the way you rallied around Johnnie Football, and skipped town on the conference.

Keep College Station "normal"?
You were okay with Aggies until we rallied around our Heisman Trophy winning quarterback? WTF? Were Aggies supposed to disown the guy? Sure he is a knucklehead and a drunk, but it's not like he's the only football player with that combo.

It's interesting to me that anyone cares that we left the conference. Many of the posts on this thread talk about A&M's mediocrity/irrelevance. Why would you care that A&M left the conference? I never hear anyone bagging on Colorado or Nebraska for leaving. Nebraska was an iconic program for Pete's sake! Colorado took an entire media market with them, as did Missouri. Losing A&M was the least damaging to the conference from just about any metric you choose to measure by. Maybe those other schools get the same treatment but I'm just not in a position to hear it.

Not to derail my own weak-sauce smack thread, but why do you care that A&M left?

Sep 21, 2011
Wait... are you saying this isn't accurate?
Yeah, it's not accurate. The corps may be weird and cultish, but the general student body isn't. So 3,000 or so are weirdo cultists and the remaining 65,000 aren't. But again, if you view us as weird cult members, wouldn't you be glad we left the conference?

Nov 6, 2010
You were okay with Aggies until we rallied around our Heisman Trophy winning quarterback? WTF? Were Aggies supposed to disown the guy? Sure he is a knucklehead and a drunk, but it's not like he's the only football player with that combo.

It's interesting to me that anyone cares that we left the conference. Many of the posts on this thread talk about A&M's mediocrity/irrelevance. Why would you care that A&M left the conference? I never hear anyone bagging on Colorado or Nebraska for leaving. Nebraska was an iconic program for Pete's sake! Colorado took an entire media market with them, as did Missouri. Losing A&M was the least damaging to the conference from just about any metric you choose to measure by. Maybe those other schools get the same treatment but I'm just not in a position to hear it.

Not to derail my own weak-sauce smack thread, but why do you care that A&M left?
One less auto-win on our schedule???

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Wow! I haven't been around these parts in quite a spell.

So, it looks like the football gods have shat upon our two schools yet again. This will be the 4th Big12/former Big12 meet up for both squads. Something neither fanbase wanted. Kinda like having leftovers of a meal that wasn't very good in the first place. I was hoping for the Music City Bowl, because, well... Nashville and no Big12 team. Instead it's the Texas Bowl... and (sigh) Oklahoma State.

But hey, we don't really get much of a choice in this stuff and if our teams had won more games we wouldn't be in this mess. C'est la vie.

I'm hopeful that my beloved Aggie football team is more fired up about this matchup than I am. We'll see, I guess.

I perused your thread and there was some tepid smack. Aggies are weird, it's a cult, what's their deal with Texas, they're fake SEC... yadayadayada. About the level of effort this matchup deserves, to be honest. That said, I doubt you'll find much smack talk about y'all on the A&M sites as we've pretty well forgotten about you.

Being out of the Big12 has been friggin' awesome. I know y'all are kinda stuck there though. Maybe after the Big12 GOR expires you'll get to hide in the trunk and let OU take you to the PAC16 or the B1G. Maybe Ourkansas will leave the SEC to join the Big12 and you'll get to enjoy bagging on those toothless yokels. Ourkansas fans have been talking up the possibility of a move quite a bit lately. Apparently dumpster fires are attracted to other dumpster fires. Maybe Notre Dame, Florida State, and Miami will join the Big12 like UT fans were saying back in 2011 and the Big12 will become the greatest conference in history. Alls I'm saying is, things could get better, maybe.

So come on down to Houston in a couple weeks, spend your hard-earned meth-money, and cheer for your team that is mostly made up of Texas kids anyway.
admitting you have a serious problem is the 1st step........... i mean, cadetes kissing other cadetes after a touchdown is f'n creepy

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Yeah, it's not accurate. The corps may be weird and cultish, but the general student body isn't. So 3,000 or so are weirdo cultists and the remaining 65,000 aren't. But again, if you view us as weird cult members, wouldn't you be glad we left the conference?
i actually forgot you were ever in the big12. now i remember the little spat you guys had w/ UT where you took your ball and went home.......... that was actually funny, in a sad, sort of eaTme, kind of way

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Impressive Aggie football?.....not so much. SEC chumps. See u soon. ;)

2012Kevin Sumlin 11–2 T-5th W Cotton55

2013Kevin Sumlin 9–4 T-7th W Chick-fil-A1818

2014Kevin Sumlin 8–5 T-9th W Liberty

2015Kevin Sumlin 8–5 8th L Music City

2016Kevin Sumlin 8–5 8th L Texas

2017Kevin Sumlin 7–6 T-6th L Belk

2018Jimbo Fisher 9–4 T-3rd W Gator

2019 7-5

2019 Big 12 Mike Gundy (8-4) Texas Bowl2

2018 Big 12 Mike Gundy (7-6) Liberty Bowl-W

2017 Big 12 Mike Gundy (10-3) Camping World Bowl-W

2016 Big 12 Mike Gundy (10-3) Alamo Bowl-W

2015 Big 12 Mike Gundy (10-3) Sugar Bowl-L

2014 Big 12 Mike Gundy (7-6) Cactus Bowl-W

2013 Big 12 Mike Gundy (10-3) Cotton Bowl-L

2012 Big 12 Mike Gundy (8-5) Heart of Dallas Bowl-W

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Why would you care that A&M left the conference? I never hear anyone bagging on Colorado or Nebraska for leaving. Nebraska was an iconic program for Pete's sake!
Actually, we do bag on Nebraska quite a bit. They were a true national power and have fallen farther than you. We've certainly discussed their situation more than aTm.

We care that A&M left because it clearly hurt the conference. You are a program that still has a smidge of national recognition and interest, and when combined with Nebraska leaving it hurt the reputation of the Big XII. Makes it harder for the conference to be represented in things like the BCS/CFP. And of course it was just another "win" for the hated SEC.

Additionally, I think most of us recognize that if the XII falls apart we are in a tenuous position, without a national audience, media market, or massive fan base. But we've got a mullet and we used to be 40, so maybe someone will care for us?!? (Oh, and all those wins over the past decade, almost forgot about those...)

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

I'm not happy you left because it obviously reduced the conference. I far prefer Aggie fans to UT fans. Actually you were the perfect conference member, you brought it tons of TV market without being unbeatable on the football field.

Johnnie spent a whole night in a hotel with a sports memorabilia dealer then tried to sell us on the story that he was just giving autographs away. It's insulting and silly. You don't have to disown him but, at least don't expect us to buy the BS.

As far as weird, I've been to a game in college station. The fans were great, but those milkmen cheer leaders doing 1925 cheers is weird, and a collie graveyard with a light up scoreboard is weird. Just own it man, you guys are unique to say the least.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Perception is everything. I think we all agree that Nebraska fell the hardest. Colorado already fell apart before leaving. Missouri seems down to me but really don’t follow them. And AM seems to be unchanged, to me. Not good or bad just no major news ever comes our way about them.

I was against West Virginia at first but after these few years, I’m a fan. Same for tcu. Both great contributions to the conference.

Said it before but I like to dream.
North Big 12
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa
Iowa St
Colorado
Colorado St
West Virginia
Arkansas

South Big 12
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech
Tcu
Baylor
Texas AM
Missouri

This would be a monster conference. With bung loads of rivalries.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Perception is everything. I think we all agree that Nebraska fell the hardest. Colorado already fell apart before leaving. Missouri seems down to me but really don’t follow them. And AM seems to be unchanged, to me. Not good or bad just no major news ever comes our way about them.

I was against West Virginia at first but after these few years, I’m a fan. Same for tcu. Both great contributions to the conference.

Said it before but I like to dream.
North Big 12
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa
Iowa St
Colorado
Colorado St
West Virginia
Arkansas

South Big 12
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech
Tcu
Baylor
Texas AM
Missouri

This would be a monster conference. With bung loads of rivalries.
Yes, I’d like to have A&M back in the mix. Good...but not great program. Occasional relevance. Won’t be a popular opinion, but reminds me of us...with less success recently.

On your list, I’d swap Arky to the South and MO to the North. We can keep dreamin’ though. That’d be a brutal Big 12 South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
... but with even less balance than the old Big XII. If we were to expand and have divisions, there is no reason to stick with the old north/south, or any kind of regional/direction grouping for that matter.
Correct. I write it out that way to keep track of who’s who. Obviously everyone doesn’t play everyone every year and there’s a few easy wins here and there. Alas, it’s just a dream.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Yes, I’d like to have A&M back in the mix. Good...but not great program. Occasional relevance. Won’t be a popular opinion, but reminds me of us...with less success recently.

On your list, I’d swap Arky to the South and MO to the North. We can keep dreamin’ though. That’d be a brutal Big 12 South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point. The south would be hardcore. The last few years of the original big 12 south proved to be a brutal bunch in their own right.