1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football I know it's early (re: Recruiting)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Baizanator, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Baizanator

Baizanator Cowboy

But recruiting is slow. We've got one commitment while other schools are raking em in.

2. Pokengineer

Pokengineer Go Pokes! A/V Subscriber

Not too worried... atleast 4 of our early commits last year ended up elsewhere. (Santos, Sanders, Addison, Marshall)

Maybe our coaches are being more careful...

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  3. Italiancowboy

Italiancowboy Sheriff

Our recruiting targets look much different this year - lots of high profile 5* and 4* from throughout the country.

If we just wanted to get a big list of early recruits, we could offer our Plan B guys now, but why ?

osuwhit, PlatypusJojo and Pokengineer like this.
  4. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

5. Baizanator

Baizanator Cowboy

6. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

It seems like we have already missed on a few plan a guys though.

7. teibbor

teibbor Moderator Staff A/V Subscriber

no one has signed yet

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  8. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

of course no one has signed but I dont see some of our early targets like Tenpenny decomitting and committing to us. I was more referring to our 1st hot 11 where it seems the prospects don't seem to be leaning our way or have committed elsewhere. I could be wrong though

9. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

Who cares with Tenpenny. The RB class this year is loaded. I'm sure we can pick at least one RB up this year.

10. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

I dont care about him just seemed like our top RB recruit. Im sure we can get a RB just wonder who our backup plan RB is. Im never worried about who we get as long as we have success on the field I am a little worried that we only have one recruit though.

11. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

I don't think our coaches work in numbers as in number 1, number 2, number 3, and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that they have maybe 5 to 10 kids in their "pick A group" that if one of these kids decide to commit then they accept it and if they aren't taking anymore that position then they shutdown recruiting at that position, or if they're in a close running with one that they don't go to "pick b group."

To be completely frank. If they offer a kid then that kid is in their "pick A group" and if they don't offer that kid he is in the "pick B group"

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  12. jbug

jbug Deputy

NOT...if you are saying they don't have a BOARD with rankings...ah you 're wrong. They do have such a board (one where by coaching committee they agree on needs, and kids that can fit those needs and they're listed in order...a ranking, but anyone on that list could fit our program). Do we ever go off that list and offer?...yep, two kids at least in this latest class , maybe 3 ...Stilly kid, and wr out of San Antonio area. Maybe another Okla. kid, not sure on him (rb out of SE part of the state).

13. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

Maybe I need to clear up what I summarized up above for you jbug. Lets say we are going to take one Running Back this class. I assume our coaches make a list of number 1 picks. People like Tenpenny, Wilson, Jones, Green, etc. AKA early offers. Alright if this list of we'll say 10 people don't pick us then we go to our second list but if one of them commit they accept the commitment and quit recruiting that position. If one of he secondary kids commit they tell the kid to hold on to make sure that is who they are going to accept.

Now this is all assumption, but from watching recruiting in the last several years. This to me seems to be the case. For example, last year Kevin Peterson. We had offers out that we was waiting on before we decided to accept Peterson. Once the coaches seen that their first list wasn't working out. We went after Peterson. Another example is Lunt and Vanderveen. We accepted Lunt's commitment, and then Vanderveen tried to accept but we was full at that point. Which means to me that they were both on the coaches top picks at Quarterback.

Now if what you are trying to say is that our coaches have a list that says we need one Quarterback, two Running Backs, three Wide Recievers, four Offensive Lineman, etc. and a list of kids that fit them positions. Then I agree and I think we're on the same track, but if you're saying that the coaches have, for example, Running Backs list that says Tenpenny is our number one, Wilson is our number two, Jones is our number three, etc. Then I disagree, and if I'm wrong then I will gladly accept being wrong with actual proof, because that hasn't seemed to be the case.

And on the last part of what I think you are trying to say is. Coaches go off a list of that may say they need four Offensive Lineman, but they get three and the other Offensive Lineman available are smaller and weaker than what they want to offer or someone decommits at signing day like Barnett did a couple of years. Then yeah they will try to pick up another position player that would be more benefical to them instead of taking no one or someone that wouldn't fit our playing scheme as well.

14. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Who do you think we realistically have a shot at for RB? Wilson seems like he is becoming a long shot and i think Green is the same.

15. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

Why is Wilson far fetched now? Cause he is talking to Texas? Gotta remember we was in his final two a couple of weeks ago. Tenpenny still wanted to visit last I heard, and there was about a dozen we offered early that I haven't kept up with or heard anything from.

The research of who we are after is up to you. I'm trying to keep up with Wilson cause that is who I have wanted since before we even offered Tenpenny.

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  16. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Everything i have read lately says he favors longhorns. i did a quick look of RB offers we had out and we didn't seem to be at the top on anyones list. I to hope we land Wilson

17. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

Two or three weeks ago we was on top of his list. Next week someone else maybe on the top of his list again. Maybe he comes to spring game and commits. Maybe he don't. I just know we was in his final two, so you can't tell me we aren't still in the race. Also, just cause Scout/Rivals don't have us as someone number one doesn't mean we aren't favored by anyone. There is kids out there ready to commit now that we are holding off on.

18. Blackhawk Hockey

Blackhawk Hockey gifs are good

This post is pretty painful to read. Sorry I feel like an ass now. :unsure:

State likes this.
  19. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

[​IMG]

oufannot likes this.
  20. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

Trying to get people to see we aren't doomed in April is pretty painful. I don't really feel like an ass. ;)

fig96 and PlatypusJojo like this.