1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

I'm Shocked!!! (Obamacare Costs)

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by rideemcowboys, Mar 13, 2012.

1. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Cowboy

CBO revises and DOUBLES the estimate on Obamacare costs to $1.76 TRILLION in 10 years!!!

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...bamacare-cost-176-trillion-over-10-yrs/425831

This is shocking!!! Obama pledged that the total costs wouldn't be more than around "900 billion over 10 years".

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press...to-a-Joint-Session-of-Congress-on-Health-Care

How can this be???? Obama has an Ivy League education and is suppose to be the smartest President ever! And we know he wouldn't lie to us, right?

Why didn't someone warn all of us???

Oh, we did.
  2. naranjaynegro

naranjaynegro Deputy

yeah, just what the Dr. ordered......more government costs...we are going the wrong direction.....very fast.
  3. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

Who would have guessed???? Oh yeah...anyone with a BRAIN!
  4. CowboyP

CowboyP Wrangler

...costs will be higher than expected if this legislation passes...
    [​IMG]
    maybe even those without brains predicted also...
    ostater2319 and DogDoc like this.
  5. POKEaLOT

POKEaLOT Wrangler

again the systemic destruction of the USA and wear down the middle class to the level of the poor, leaving a VERY slim upper crust that can be manipulated. It leaves a huge class of people reliant on the GOVERNMENT for aid, healthcare, etc....Marxism boys, look it up..
    OSU Sig likes this.
  6. NYC Poke

A/V Subscriber NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica

Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich shouldn't have invented it, then.
  7. cowboycurt

cowboycurt Wrangler

Meet New Gingrich:
    Contract with American legislative proposal #1:
    Repeal Obamacare
    http://newtgingrich360.com/repeal-obamacare

"MITT’S PLAN
    On his first day in office, Mitt Romney will issue an executive order that paves the way for the federal government to issue Obamacare waivers to all fifty states. He will then work with Congress to repeal the full legislation as quickly as possible.
    In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens. The federal government’s role will be to help markets work by creating a level playing field for competition."

But yeah, it makes sense to blame stupid decisions and laws that Obama created and has adamantly supported on the GOP candidates who are adamantly against it. Sounds logical...
    MustangPokeFan likes this.
  8. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Cowboy

Marxism, look it up.
  9. naranjaynegro

naranjaynegro Deputy

You sound like a Rick Santorum PAC commercial. Massachusetts is the bluest of blue states.....I'm sure they loved Romneycare and maybe it was right for them. Let the state decide for themselves. But I think you are being more than a bit disingenuous when you don't elaborate the differences between a country wide mandate and a state's right issue.

To me, this is a non-issue that I could care less about.....much ado about nothing.
    OSU Sig likes this.
  10. MustangPokeFan

MustangPokeFan Cowboy

I am eagerly awaiting the first term of President Romney and the dismantling of the Obama horror show beginning with the firing of every Czar and the elimination of those positions on day one.........then to be followed by the making of the term Obamacare nothing more than a humorous Trivial Pursuit question that asks "what Presidential initiative passed by a partisan Congress on March 21st, 2010 threatened to destroyed America"............with a one-word answer on the back of the card that reads "Obamacare".....
    OSU Sig likes this.
  11. JAYBEE

JAYBEE Wrangler

Lie? You saw his lips moving didn't you? And check out the lying eyes of Nancy baby, AKA as "saving the planet girl," and her sidekick Dirty Harry master rigger of elections. We have met the enemy and he is us.

The most shocking thing of all is that this regime is a slight favorite to be re-elected. Now that is REALLY scary.
  12. CocoCincinnati

CocoCincinnati Cowboy

Not only is this not shocking but it probably won't be the last time the cost is revised upward.
    OSU Sig likes this.
  13. NitroOrange

NitroOrange Cowboy

Maybe we should have looked at the bill before they passed so we couild see what was in it.

[​IMG]

I'll get you my pretty!!!..............and your little dog too!
    MSteph57 likes this.
  14. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

Didn't Obama tell us it would save us money before he told us it would cost us money?
  15. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

There is now some proof that the approach that Obamacare is trying to take will in fact save money......However, I am fully behind the idea that Obamacare is the wrong way to try to make this approach through Healthcare Reform. It would seem they got the idea right, but the planned implementation of it and its extra baggage is just horrible

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...macare-is-on-the-right-track-to-reduce-costs/

16. PlatypusJojo

A/V Subscriber PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Say what? A politician lied? Shocker....
  17. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Cowboy

You are so right. Scary doesn't even begin to describe.

Are majority of Americans completley blind, ignorant to what this leads to or are they just holding out their hands for their own free handouts (lazy)?
  18. Cimarron

The idea of health care reform has been around for a long time and one supported broadly across party lines.

ObamaCare would be more correctly described as a disaster I think though rather than reform. When one of the most powerful in one of the two controlling parties stands up and says "we've got to pass it to see what's in it" you can't have a very comfortable feeling that they have a clue what they're doing or they're hiding something from you!
  19. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

I'm pretty sure that they were too stupid to know what was in it themselves. We've seen these people in action. I doubt too many people have enough faith in our Government to think they knew exactly what was in it and was using a clever way to hide it
  20. Cimarron

Which is my point. If that's the case it shouldn't have been voted on and passed! Under those circumstances passing it was nothing but political. We've spent a lot of time here on these OP boards discussing issues of religion and politics. Like many have posted I'm more concerned about stupid and politics.