Injured QB thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I’m confident in Dru. My only hesitation would be if it turns out to be cold dreary rainy day Spencer’s running skill might play well

I try to be a glass half full kind of guy though. Go Pokes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Is anything confirmed yet? If it's true I hate that for SS but he has several more years and it's likely minor so it's not the end of the world. Hopeing that Dru is as good as advertised if he starts...I know some will be upset at Gundy if he's really really good...but he can't win with some fans.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Even if Dru starts and lights it up, playing Sanders has been the right call this year. He needs the game experience and growth to start us off right next year and beyond. Im hopeful that we rest Sanders this weekend to make sure he is good to go for Bedlam if thats how it shakes out. If its a longer term injury, we ride Dru to the finish line and hopefully it all pans out.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Even if Dru starts and lights it up, playing Sanders has been the right call this year. He needs the game experience and growth to start us off right next year and beyond. Im hopeful that we rest Sanders this weekend to make sure he is good to go for Bedlam if thats how it shakes out. If its a longer term injury, we ride Dru to the finish line and hopefully it all pans out.
Agreed. At some point you have to break in new QB's (unless you constantly have starters transfer in to your program...)

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Agreed. At some point you have to break in new QB's (unless you constantly have starters transfer in to your program...)
Brings up an interesting philosophical question.

Obviously, you never stop recruiting HS QB's. Having said that, though, the # of transfer QB's is approaching a level where a school that gets known as being transfer QB friendly might just be able to live off of 2 year transfers.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Costello should have to wrap his hands in bubble wrap until game time.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Brings up an interesting philosophical question.

Obviously, you never stop recruiting HS QB's. Having said that, though, the # of transfer QB's is approaching a level where a school that gets known as being transfer QB friendly might just be able to live off of 2 year transfers.
New transfer rules are loosening things up, but I would not want to rely on it - however OU has been doing alright with it. TTech has done it before as well back before transfers were so common.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
New transfer rules are loosening things up, but I would not want to rely on it - however OU has been doing alright with it. TTech has done it before as well back before transfers were so common.
Alright with it. Baker Mayfield Heisman, Kyler Murray Heisman, Hurts, Heisman finalist. I mean yeah I'd say so. I hate OU but yes they haven't needed to recruit a good QB and play him in over 5 years.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, word is that Sanders is traveling to Morgantown with the team. What does this mean?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk