Jerry Jeudy from Alabama wins 2018 Biletnikoff award

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Well maybe we shouldn’t get Tylan 60yds in the season ending game. Gundys lack of stat padding leads to these things. Similar to hey let’s get a top 10 RB in the country 15 touches per game? Seriously wtf?! Thank goodness Tylan is a Soph and can make a solid run at it with a better QB. I just HATE when we get chances to make a national splash we would rather complain about twitter, snowflakes and subtly act like a child on twitter when kids declare....all while Lincoln is owning Twitter, rocking Jordan all over his office, hiring the right guys who recruit nationally, going after 4/5 stars not even in our region and rocking those 4x big 12 champ gear

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Well maybe we shouldn’t get Tylan 60yds in the season ending game. Gundys lack of stat padding leads to these things. Similar to hey let’s get a top 10 RB in the country 15 touches per game? Seriously wtf?! Thank goodness Tylan is a Soph and can make a solid run at it with a better QB. I just HATE when we get chances to make a national splash we would rather complain about twitter, snowflakes and subtly act like a child on twitter when kids declare....all while Lincoln is owning Twitter, rocking Jordan all over his office, hiring the right guys who recruit nationally, going after 4/5 stars not even in our region and rocking those 4x big 12 champ gear
It’s not all bad - I guess. Gundy won a Herbie Award for the Twitter video followed by one of his dance moves. No one else won anything. Zip, zilch, nada....

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I looked at his stats and it said Alabama and I just knew right there he was the best. No analysis needed.
Same with Tua winning Maxwell and Walter Camp. Kyler has better stats and Tua still gets the nod. Jeudy winning it was straight up highway robbery.

68th in receptions
19th in yards
18th in average per catch
Tied for 7th in TDS
91st in receptions per game
29th in yards per game

Absolutely ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2005
Wallace had momentum going into the TCU game, but that game was a complete disaster for Wallace and the OSU offense. For voters the last impression was not a good one.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Moral of the story; the logo on the helmet is still the most important stat in college football.
I'd like to see an award where the votes are cast solely on stats presented to the voters with no names attached to the ballot. Take the helmet logo and "eye test" out of the equation. It would be interesting to see those results.

Mar 31, 2011
Same with Tua winning Maxwell and Walter Camp. Kyler has better stats and Tua still gets the nod. Jeudy winning it was straight up highway robbery.

68th in receptions
19th in yards
18th in average per catch
Tied for 7th in TDS
91st in receptions per game
29th in yards per game

Absolutely ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyler will get the Heisman though, so no worries there. The UMass guy really had the best stats, but if Tylan would have had a strong last game I think he would have won. The good news, he's young and will likely have a more accurate passer next season.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Kyler will get the Heisman though, so no worries there. The UMass guy really had the best stats, but if Tylan would have had a strong last game I think he would have won. The good news, he's young and will likely have a more accurate passer next season.
The UMass guy also plays against, generally speaking, really inferior competition. Tylan showed up in big games, like WVU, Texas, etc. and still didn't win.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Moral of the story; the logo on the helmet is still the most important stat in college football.
Have we all suddenly forgotten that our guy won it last year...?

I get that everyone wants to pile on and spit hatred at Alabama, but they actually rarely have a Biletnikoff winner (as far as I know, without having looked at previous winners).

Jeudy's stats were pretty average comparatively speaking, but you have to consider the impact his catches, yards, and TDs have on games vs. anyone else's. And, I guess the committee thought his were more important than the others. That's the only explanation I can give.