1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Just another gop lie

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by Pokefan, Mar 21, 2011.

1. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

I know about all that, he was a iron-fisted dictator who killed and tortured anyone he basically wanted to. I'm not standing up for Saddam, I'm just wondering why it's the US's job to take care of him. Why'd we wait until '03...why didn't the US oust him in the '80's? the '90's? Why'd they wait?

2. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

If you knew all about it than why ask the question?

Why did we wait? You might ask Bill Clinton about that one. I thought we should have completed the job in round 1 myself.

3. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

GHWB was in charge during Round 1, and Cheney was SoD...so what does Clinton have to do with anything? Should he have started another war to get rid of Saddam?

I know what he did, what I was asking was if there was a large uprising like in Egypt, in Iraq in '01 '02 and '03? Pretty easy question...was there a citizen uprising in '01 '02 or '03 in Iraq. Yes or no will suffice!

4. Cimarron

I'm not sure why that makes any difference. If I hold you down and gag you so that you can't respond, is there any verbal reaction that your pissed? NO!

5. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

Bravo Cim! Bravo!

So if the citizens in Iraq aren't uprising at the time, who made W and the rest of the idiot politicians God to decide that now is indeed the time to end his reign?

Doesn't make any sense, does it ol' Cim!

6. Bowers2

Bowers2 #FYB A/V Subscriber

You two are adorable. But haven't you been over this like 50 times in the past 7 pages? I believe it has been pointed out that the reason we went into Iraq in the first place was because of faulty intelligence from every intelligence organization in the world. Saddam even told everyone he had the weapons. In retrospect was it a mistake? Yes.

I think I pretty much summed up you and Cimarron's argument. Now back to reality guys!

7. Cimarron

I keep thinking maybe something will stick. It's a losing cause though.

There were other reasons we went to Iraq, but the WMDs were of primary concern. Which makes the reasons Obama is using to go into Libya seem trivial given the other other reasons we went into Iraq Obama found trivial.

Which back to my point, regardless of our views how does Obama support going into Libya when he couldn't support Iraq?

8. Cimarron

To some it does appear.

9. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

Pssst. There has been a request and a second request that you refrain from using the name Cim. Be a gentleman and knock it off. You're just continuing to be a pest by the incessant use of it and it isn't playing well, except maybe to you.
    Be a grown man and call him by his screen name.

10. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

If anything, our little 'chats' have made me want to do and think the exact opposite of you when it comes to politics!!

Obama supports going into a Libya because he is a hypocritical politician, plain and simple. They all are...doesn't matter what dogma they subscribe too. I think one of the many, many, many differences between you and me is that I realize that conservatives, liberals and moderates are all the same, and you act like conservatives can do no wrong.

11. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

If our boy had showed any respect to me, even before I started calling him that, I would. He doesn't though...anyone who thinks differently then him doesn't.

12. Cimarron

Do you want some time to think about what you just said? :D

13. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

My bad! We both think Obama is a tool!

That may be the only thing!

14. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

That's very childish.

15. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

I'm just taking my que's from you boy.

16. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

Really, dude?

17. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

Fail.

18. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession. A/V Subscriber

benjamins, I don't know if you come across this way in real life, but you come across very angry on here.

19. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

Yeah, I know...certain people on this message board bring out the best of me. Or it might be that I post on this board while taking breaks from watching my 16-month old daughter.

But in the real world, I'm a pretty laid back person.

20. benjamins

benjamins Sheriff

You got me there!! Good one!!