Knowles and Our Defensive Evolution

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
A 20-13 win is just as good as a 48-41 win. I don’t care which coach is responsible for the defensive turn around. I’m just happy that it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRoss

Joe Rugby
A/V Subscriber
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
A lot of good, young talented players on this defense. This whole team in general is young but the D will only lose 1 starter in Green after this season and a few good, rotational pieces in Henry, Balous and Mike Scott but the really good core that is blossoming before our eyes will be back and if Bundage can play healthy next year can you imagine he and Ford on either ends blitzing on passing downs and hopefully meeting at the QB?? lot to like right now but I'm definitely pumped for the future.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You're welcome to believe what you want, but the move to the odd stack came straight from Mike Gundy.

The same way the slower paced, 3 tight end, crossbuck, huddling offense is as well.

Gundy has it set up exactly as he wants

I personally think the changes have beem detrimental to the evolution of OSU football.
After reading your post its obvious we have to ask and answer a few questions:

1. Has the stack worked? Yep.

2. Have we gotten better with the slower paced, 3 tight end, crossbuck, huddling offense? Yep, its not the video game offense we are used to but it has worked

3. Have the changes been detrimental to the evolution of OSU football? Since evolution is literally changing due to selection forces evidence says it has evolved. We aren't 6-6, we have a system that the backup qb can come into and we don't have to change a lot, the defense is throwing some pretty impressive ball out there, and we are winning. The bonus in this whole thing is the move back to a much more disciplined team that doesn't get stupid penalties.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
A lot of good, young talented players on this defense. This whole team in general is young but the D will only lose 1 starter in Green after this season and a few good, rotational pieces in Henry, Balous and Mike Scott but the really good core that is blossoming before our eyes will be back and if Bundage can play healthy next year can you imagine he and Ford on either ends blitzing on passing downs and hopefully meeting at the QB?? lot to like right now but I'm definitely pumped for the future.
Henry was granted 6th year and will be back

But you missed Cam Murray as gone after this year. He’s a starter

RedRoss

Joe Rugby
A/V Subscriber
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Henry was granted 6th year and will be back

But you missed Cam Murray as gone after this year. He’s a starter
Roster says Murray's a Jr. Where's he going?

What @osucowboy79 said. I made sure and did my research on this and like they said the roster has him as a junior. I did not know that about Henry though, that is fantastic!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I do happen to know the story behind it.....

Otherwise I wouldn't make that statement

Before you ask......

The answer is no......

I'm not going to spout that source to someone like you or a public forum like this.

Now.....

We're back to the beginning point which is that you can believe what you want
Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I do happen to know the story behind it.....

Otherwise I wouldn't make that statement

Before you ask......

The answer is no......

I'm not going to spout that source to someone like you or a public forum like this.

Now.....

We're back to the beginning point which is that you can believe what you want
Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
It's become a point of pride with him to brag about having inside information now. He's dug in his heels and won't let go of that Superior feeling he gets saying it. Even if it's true, it's not something to be letting other people know about.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
It's become a point of pride with him to brag about having inside information now. He's dug in his heels and won't let go of that Superior feeling he gets saying it. Even if it's true, it's not something to be letting other people know about.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It’s kind of like the guys bragging about there big trucks to compensate for other deficiencies. Did I mention my F-350 King Ranch?

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Harvell-Peel is playing at an elite level, Trace Ford starting over Brock Martin has helped, and getting Tyler Lacy back from injury. Since Iowa State these factors have been huge in the improved defense.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Pretty tough guy stuff for a guy who created then deleted an email when we were exchangiing last time.

Even tougher when compared to the fact that I gave you my name, my phone number, my place of enployment, my credentials and how to verify it all.

I also, showed you multiple communicatuons with multiple coaches, and media, showed you respomses from them, and then explained how I eiither grew up with or have worked with several others in mutiple programs at OSU.

And....as I told you, the communications I showed you were onmmmuncations in a line of several.with each person

The last thing I'm goung to do is let a guy like you throw me under the bus with anything that matters.

And....
I sent all this stuff to everyone that asked for it, not just you so fot others saying I can't prove it.... I already have.

I've shown, with personal detail, the relationships I have and the communicatioms I have.

And.....
As I showed in the email I sent everyone that requested, I put my money where my mouth is meaning I have communicated my thoughts directly to the coaches.

And.....everyone, as requested, kept it private except you.

Now.....
You can take all that and keep your narrative, or you can believe whatever you want, makes me no difference

But....
The "Big Boy" fluff you keep using for effect is laughable.
And I'm saying that all that garbage you posted doesn't say what you say it does. So, post it here for everyone to judge. Or give it up.

It's pretty funny you calling me "tough guy" when you're the one claiming to have special insider knowledge (which you absolutely don't have).

And....
If all this stuff says what you say it does, where are the others to defend you? Bueller? Bueller?

And.....
Anyone can send an email. Communicating your thoughts doesn't mean anyone has read them or agreed with them.

Now.....
You're the one clinging to the narrative that you have special insider knowledge, which you are unwilling to prove to the world (because you don't).

But....
You haven't shown any responses from Gundy or Knowles or how you know what they're thinking, other than your speculation. So, Big Boy, Mr. Internet Special Insider Knowledge, put up or shut up.

Nov 14, 2010
And I'm saying that all that garbage you posted doesn't say what you say it does. So, post it here for everyone to judge. Or give it up.

It's pretty funny you calling me "tough guy" when you're the one claiming to have special insider knowledge (which you absolutely don't have).

And....
If all this stuff says what you say it does, where are the others to defend you? Bueller? Bueller?

And.....
Anyone can send an email. Communicating your thoughts doesn't mean anyone has read them or agreed with them.

Now.....
You're the one clinging to the narrative that you have special insider knowledge, which you are unwilling to prove to the world (because you don't).

But....
You haven't shown any responses from Gundy or Knowles or how you know what they're thinking, other than your speculation. So, Big Boy, Mr. Internet Special Insider Knowledge, put up or shut up.

No....
I'm amused at the fact you use that term "big boy" considering the fact that you created, then deleted an email for our communications.

As conpared to me giving you my number, where I work, my credentials and how to verify it all.

Again....I showed you reponses from coaches and media, how we have personal communications in the off season, on recruiting trips etc and how they were one of several.

I also explained to you how I have worked with and along side others that are inside the program and how I grew up with and are close personal friemds with others in and around multiple programs

Like I said....I have already put my money where my mouth is and tagged it with all my own personal information.

If you choose to ignore all that to keep your narrative then power to you.

Last edited: