MBB: Big12 Zebras Defeat the Cowboys 70-78 (OSU was down 2 with 30sec to BU) Next up KSU on Tuesday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The hook and hold o. Laurent...Good call
McGriff's 5th foul....good call
Isaac leading with the off arm...good cal
The last foul on the rebound...good call
I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but I don’t like the call on Ice at that point in the game. Refs usually let those slide, like loose ball fouls, when it will determine the outcome of a game. I agree it was ticky-tack as others suggested.

None of the calls were unfounded, it just seems like they were calling everything tighter on us at the end compared to the rest of the game. Which seems backwards. Even the Baylor players looked surprised, if you looked at their faces.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
OSU in no way got screwed tonight

Emotions are raw in the situation we have put ourselves in

Having said that....

I don't blamr Boynton for being emotional like he got
I’ve seen non osu people on twitter talking about how bad it’s was. Even accounts associated with Baylor such as bears illustrated. It was bad period. Any game with 50 fouls is poorly officiated. Then 30 are called on one team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Anything else is just simply the typical which is that basketball fans always think they get screwed by the refs
Yep, officiating is always 50/50. No team ever benefits from poor or corrupt officiating, the whistle is always just.

poknround

Banned
Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Wabashaw, WI
Boynton should have gotten t'd up in the first half when Baylor was getting the benefit of so many ticky tack foul calls. But, Im glad he finally got fired up and got tossed late in the game. The last 5 minutes of that game was some of the most piss poor officiating Ive ever seen, on both ends of the floor. I think there was a whistle blown on almost every possession. College bball needs to do something about these officials who feel like they need to be the stars of the show. Its making college bball very difficult to watch.

Oct 30, 2007
OSU in no way got screwed tonight

Emotions are raw in the situation we have put ourselves in

Having said that....

I don't blamr Boynton for being emotional like he got
Every fanbase thinks they got screwed by officiating after a loss, but the foul call totals are typically fairly even. You don't see a double digit foul call discrepancy every often.

Nov 14, 2010
Every fanbase thinks they got screwed by officiating after a loss, but the foul call totals are typically fairly even. You don't see a double digit foul call discrepancy every often.
Which call did you not like?

I went through the handful that were debated on here and they were all the right call

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
It’s about time people witnessed why college basketball is dying. That was awful and not fun to watch at all. I counted three times an official made a crucial call against OSU from the other end of the court, as in the ref that had the best view didn’t blow his whistle, but let another official make that call.

Nov 14, 2010
I’ve seen non osu people on twitter talking about how bad it’s was. Even accounts associated with Baylor such as bears illustrated. It was bad period. Any game with 50 fouls is poorly officiated. Then 30 are called on one team.

Which calls did you not liike?

Apr 7, 2006
Hunziker and Holcomb were unusually vocal bout the officiating as well. They made multiple comments about the league review of the tape. While they're certainly not objective observers, those comments that are meaningful to me.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Refs should never determine the outcome of a game, they did tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With which call?
They fouled 4 of our guys out who were a combined 9/15 from the floor with 30 points and 18 boards. To 0 of thiers. On average they game went less than a minute without a whistle being blow for 40 straight minutes. That’s terrible officiating. Not to mention they could have but didn’t call more fouls on Baylor.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Refs should never determine the outcome of a game, they did tonight.

With which call?
How about 4 players of the visiting team fouling out! That is such a statistically significant outlier in college basketball you will never convince me otherwise.

I get you want to play the part of the “mature fan” and imply OSU fans are emotional and not reasonable but your arguments tonight are just not accurate and are falling flat.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
It’s about time people witnessed why college basketball is dying. That was awful and not fun to watch at all. I counted three times an official made a crucial call against OSU from the other end of the court, as in the ref that had the best view didn’t blow his whistle, but let another official make that call.
This is a good point, I saw that a couple of times as well.

Oct 30, 2007
Which call did you not like?

I went through the handful that were debated on here and they were all the right call
I think a lot of the higher profile calls were actually correct, but there were several others that were wrong:
1. Kalib Boone was called for a block on an obvious charge in the first half.
2. Laurent got called for a foul on a clean blocked shot in the second half.
3. Keylon Boone was in good position late in the game to cut off the drive. He moved his feet and didn't reach in, but he was still called for the foul as the ballhandler drove right into him.

These are just off the top of my head. There were several calls that even the announcers were questioning.