1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Men's Basketball Mitchell Solomon Committed to OSU (Merged)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by jdnofear, Jul 19, 2013.

1. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

Pokeabear likes this.
  2. woodog

woodog Cowboy

Just got back from there after watching most of the day. I didn't see Solomon play, but saw Pierre at the Texas Titans (SG King McClure - did not play; SF DJ Hogg - good looking shot; pg Alex Robinson)

Next saw Pierre watching Michael Humphrey of Arizona Magic (6'10", very fluid athlete). This game was going on next to pg Josh Perkins (not an OSU target, but a top 25 guy and very impressive).

I must have been on the same schedule as I next went to see NWA Elite play (Mudiay - extremely athletic; sophomore sg Terrance Ferguson - he was wearing orange shoes and I believe his mother went to OSU; he also plays at Prime Prep with Mudiay). Pierre was there for the whole game and Ford showed up for the second half. Other head coaches there included Bill Self, Mark Few, Larry Brown, John Thompson III)

Last game for me was Team Texas (Austin Grandstaff, Elijah Thomas, Matt McQuaid). Grandstaff was on fire the first half. My account had him with 15 points on 6-8 shooting. Only scored two points in the 2nd on three shots. Elijah Thomas was not there, and without him, Team Texas only had one inside guy. Pure stroke and good IQ. Handles the ball well, but with Thomas out, he was probably the 2nd or 3rd tallest guy on the team. Two primary ballhandlers were probably around 5'9". Ford was there for the entire game sitting on the second row (Pierre was not there, but probably at a different gym).

Great action if you have the time or are in the area.
    Anaranjado and okpoke2003 like this.
  3. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

Bill Self and Tubby Smith were there watching Solomon's game too. If they pursue Solomon, I would think he would be a definite redshirt candidate. Although he will be a senior, he is only 16, and probably could use a year to physically mature.
  4. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

“@Sam_Duren: Recap, Bill Self, Travis Ford, Tubby Smith & assistants from OU, SMU, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, Kansas State, ORU & more watching Mitchell Solomon”
  5. the bowler

the bowler Cowboy

Just read on another site that OSU is interested in McQuaid and that McQuaid is very interested in OSU. He's #61 in 2015. 6-5 guard/forward. Same size/class as Grandstaff.
  6. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

“@ebosshoops: Have seen enough of Mitchell Solomon. Looks like a high major. Strong, can score and tough. #GASO”

“@ebosshoops: Larry Brown, Bruce Weber, Tubby Smith and assistants from OU, TCU, Texas, Tennessee and more watching 2014 Mitch Solomon. #GASO”

“@Sam_Duren: Mitchell Solomon with 2 quick threes in front of Danny Manning, Tubby Smith, Larry Brown and assistants from Oklahoma, TCU & Oklahoma State”
  7. piston1336

piston1336 Cowboy

If you put him and Grandstaff on the same team as Stevie Clark and Phil Forte, watch out. They'll put on a clinic from long range.
    Lula Warren likes this.
  8. the bowler

the bowler Cowboy

I heard that we offered a scholarship to him yesterday.
  9. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

malpoke likes this.
  10. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

11. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

Nice. Can bang and score down low and shoot the three. He will be a matchup nightmare.
  12. Carry My Pads

Carry My Pads Wrangler

Solomon's parents are OSU alums.
    malpoke and Lula Warren like this.
  13. NewMoney

NewMoney Wrangler

So he visited OSU today. Any word?
  14. jbug

jbug Cowboy

How did Soloman's visit go? His parents would love to see him in O and B...
  15. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

Looks like he took an unofficial visit to Tulsa today:

@ebosshoops: Tulsa is hosting big man prospect Mitchell Solomon on an unofficial visit today. Has been to Oklahoma State and Oklahoma recently
  16. StoolBoy

StoolBoy Greenhorn

Saw him walking around with Pierre seemed to be enjoying himself. Didn't look 6'9/6'10 like the rumors to me though on the downside. Looked a hair shorter or the same size as Cobbins.
  17. cowboycurt

cowboycurt Wrangler

Well Cobbins is 6'8". 1 inch difference...you wouldn't be able to tell. I bet Solomon is 6'9" which he is listed at most places as well as 6'10" some others.

As far as the visit goes...it went good but there is no info on a possible commitment looming or anything. So we'll see.
  18. jcowboy

jcowboy Deputy

Has anyone seen him play if so is he a scorer or more defense?
  19. StoolBoy

StoolBoy Greenhorn

Pretty good down low and can stretch the D with his shot.
    William McEwan likes this.
  20. Carry My Pads

Carry My Pads Wrangler

OSU or Tech.