1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Needing a network admin

Discussion in 'Jobs, Careers, Networking' started by Pokes28, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Pokes28

Staff A/V Subscriber Pokes28 Moderator

The job is in Joplin, MO working with me. I've been with this company for almost 17 years. Best boss I've ever had.

We would like to have somebody with experience with Cisco gear (certs would be nice, but real world experience would be weighted as more important). Having skills in telephony would be a bonus. Also, Microsoft server/Exchange knowledge would also be a bonus.

Essentially we are looking for either a person that has the right kind of attitude and is willing to learn or somebody that can come in and help right away. I'm not certain the pay as I'm blissfully ignorant of those things. The primary reason for this job opening is that the bosses realized that they need another me in case I were to ever be hit by a bus or something.

This isn't a cake job and Joplin isn't a place that just everybody can live (especially now after the tornado). But if you are interested, let me know. I'll get you all the information that I can.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  2. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

I work up here in STL as a network engineer and there are always guys getting out of the military with networking experience. Might scan for peeps up here if you don't get any bites.
  3. Pokes28

Staff A/V Subscriber Pokes28 Moderator

Thanks Noven. I wanted to reach out to OSU folks first. Hopefully somebody will respond. I don't think I'll be able to go through Hire OSU Grads for this. I'm always amazed at how hard it is to find good people to work here for this company. They really are an excellent company. The guy that left the position really would like to come back to it, but he's stuck in KC while his S/O is going through UMKC's doctorate program. Here is the testament to working here: in the building that I work in there are 19 employees. The average length of employment of those 19 people is about 14-15 years. And that includes three that have only been here for a year or less.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  4. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

I know a number of NAs but I don't know one willing to relocate to Joplin. Most have families that they would have to move. Good luck, you will find one.