New Texas Tech uniforms...WOW

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
SInce when did schools start practicing in the Gameday gear? You can look at our practice gear and it's pretty obvious the pants are from previous years. Some have stripes down the leg some don't and the jersey is just a light weight practice jersey. I'd hate to get in full Gameday gear for practice.

Oct 11, 2004
Oklahoma City
Under Armour is always on the cutting edge and they are the best in the business when it comes to innovation in sports wear. I'm really glad Tech is with Under Armour and they have access to these technologies that no one else in the Big 12 has access to.
you make it sound like under armor has Tony Stark designing uniforms for tek in some huge top secret underground lab.

while the rest of the conference is running around in cloth uniforms, the mighty tek players will be zooming around in Iron Man uniforms! :rolleyes:

i've gotta give it up to you though; reading your posts is always entertaining! i can't say that about everyone.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
According to Coach Tuberville those are actually state-of-the-art uniforms. They are made of special material and cut to fit tighter so that the opponent will have a more difficult time holding and grabbing your jersey. After the first practice in them, the offensive linemen were commenting that it definitely gave the D-line an advantage because it was harder to keep their hands on the D-linemen. The Defense was complaining because it was more difficult to make tackles on skill players. I wouldn't think a jersey's material would make that big of a difference, but if it's enough that the players actually notice the difference after one practice, I like it.

I don't really care how they look if it helps our d-line get one extra sack or tfl a game, or if it helps our skill players break one more tackle per game. Under Armour is always on the cutting edge and they are the best in the business when it comes to innovation in sports wear. I'm really glad Tech is with Under Armour and they have access to these technologies that no one else in the Big 12 has access to. Doesn't hurt that Under Armour is "in" with the kids these days. Tech is also getting to product test a new line of shoes UA is coming out with that is much lighter and has built in ankle support.
I'm sorry, but I have a very difficult time believing that any uniform manufacturer has technology that is this far superior to anyone else. I would say any advantage is negligible at best. I guess we'll see though if all of a sudden Tech's defense becomes unstoppable.

Nov 3, 2008
I'm sorry, but I have a very difficult time believing that any uniform manufacturer has technology that is this far superior to anyone else. I would say any advantage is negligible at best. I guess we'll see though if all of a sudden Tech's defense becomes unstoppable.
I actually agree. I too question rather or not a uniforms material can make that big of a difference. I'm just forwarding what the players and Coach Tuberville had to say about the uniforms. We'll have to wait and see if it adds any kind of advantage. Like I said before, if a uniform adds just one more sack or helps a RB shake one more tackle a game I could care less what it actually looks like.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
According to Coach Tuberville those are actually state-of-the-art uniforms.

Under Armour is always on the cutting edge and they are the best in the business when it comes to innovation in sports wear. I'm really glad Tech is with Under Armour and they have access to these technologies that no one else in the Big 12 has access to.
I'm really disappointed in you guys here...

7 pages of posts and not a good photoshop in the bunch.
Eh, not my best work:

tech.jpg

Sep 22, 2007
NW Arkansas
I don't know why everyone is so surprised. Everything about Tech is ugly... the location, the colors, the mascot, the pirate coach oh wait he's gone too... into an ugly court batlle. They obviously sit around out there and brainstorm about what the next ugly creation will. be. And they have done an outstanding job.