1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

New turf for football field

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by pokestate, Feb 27, 2012.

1. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

I think people want ribbon boards so that the big screens in the corners can be devoted fully to videos/replays. As it is, advertisements surround the video on the screen and make it very small. With ribbon boards, that would not be a problem.

orangeokie81 likes this.
  2. okstate87

okstate87 Cowboy

if you are so interested in randle's yds/att next year you want to know it in the middle of UT or something, please follow these instructions: 1) sell your ticket to someone who will scream his/her head off 2) espn.com

3. wickerbill

wickerbill Cowboy

Hahahaha. You really think ribbon boards would get rid of the annoying ads on the big screens? Hahahaha.

GoPokeU and CampusCowboy like this.
  4. POKE1272

POKE1272 Cowboy

I'm pretty sure the Dallas Cowboys repaint their plastic blades of grass practically every weekend as different events are hosted in Cowboys stadium. I don't ever remember seeing the Cotton Bowl logo in the middle of the field during NFL games.

5. CPTNQUIRK

CPTNQUIRK I'm always ready for lunch! A/V Subscriber

In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
    I believe that they actually change out the turf, the way you change your underwear, once a week.:DJ/K (on the underwear part)

6. CPTNQUIRK

CPTNQUIRK I'm always ready for lunch! A/V Subscriber

In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
    I want a new video board in GIA before any changes to the football field are made. It is not usable for viewing anything in detail.

7. Jonkr06

Jonkr06 Territorial Marshal

Didn't you hear? We're a football school now.

8. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Sigh...

9. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal

[
    quote="okstate87, post: 1828110, member: 9318"]have you seen campus? they can’t keep grass anywhere. it’s pretty pathetic.[/quote]
    Yeah that's a issue for me... It used to be different but since we went to full blown tailgating its tougher for the landscape people...either that or they just aren't spending the money on it that they used too. It's a shame that the turf is not in better shape...IMHO it would not take that much work to keep it nice once we get it there. Hell we have a golf course that looks like freaking Pebble Beach why can't we have decent turf on and around campus?

10. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

I'm guessing the fairways at Karsten wouldn't look nearly as nice if 20,000 undergrads strayed from the cart path on a daily basis.

GoPokeU likes this.
  11. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal

My point is that it used to look great all over Campus and they don't take as good of care of the landscape as they used to about 20 something years back. It's changed and it needs to be better especially now that we know how to take better care of it. I don't expect it too look like Karsten Creek just not like the mud hole it does now and I also understand that a lot of it has to do with the construction of the new Union.

12. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Sheriff

just so you know, my reasoning has nothing to do with a small/crappy stadium. in case you hadn't noticed, we don't have a crappy stadium, and as for small....it's not SEC, but it isn't tiny either.....

the reason for such a thing as a grey turf (or another color), is promotion, being different, making a statement....kinda like uniforms...anything that you can do that is unique (but not out of control) can't be anything but good for Oklahoma State. we all know that regular turf is what will be chosen, but it never hurts to think outside the box. perhaps you should try it sometime....or remain "normal" and hum-drum....and while we're at it, why don't you insist that Gundy install the wishbone or the I-formation and have Pat Jones come back as offensive coordinator so our fullbacks can get more carries.....

13. okstate87

okstate87 Cowboy

well my issue is that they do not even try. the areas that they do work on (like the multimodal transport center, for some reason) look great. and a lot of areas that do not have grass i've never seen a tailgate on. its bad right now. monroe looks great, but international/cordell, over by business, its all dirt. and mud.

14. okstate87

okstate87 Cowboy

If you think we need a deathstar-gray turf to be unique then send in your suggestion, i'm not stopping you. I also won't stop thinking its a stupid idea either. And if you think grass is "hum-drum," i would not like to see what your lawn looks like.

15. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

No, no, hell no.

16. okstate87

okstate87 Cowboy

thank you. thinking "outside the box" but actually being logical about it, grey would be: hot, look bad against the red brick and vanilla molding, and as it wore down would look terrible. as long as being grey. the schools that have these turfs are like BSU, and that Arkansas school. At each time desperate to be found. Do we need to be found?You know how i want to "stand out?" win.

Pokeabear likes this.
  17. Anaranjado

Anaranjado Chicken parm you taste so good A/V Subscriber

what about tv screens by the concessions and restrooms??

okstate87 likes this.
  18. locochicka

locochicka Wrangler

We need to outline the letters in black and outline the 50 yd. line and Pete in Black...make it pop...it looks faded now.

19. pokestate

pokestate Greenhorn

finally someone agrees. looks old. especially when we play on national television.

20. POKE1272

POKE1272 Cowboy

You're right. There's no way the turf could be painted, otherwise companies like this could never exist.

http://www.syntheticturfpaint.com/