1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

North Carolina Baptist pastor gives sermon to punch gay kids

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by Binman4OSU, May 3, 2012.

1. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Territorial Marshal

Yeah, but you can thank that punch for securing your sexual identity and making you the man you are today. :rolleyes:

2. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Territorial Marshal

Turning a child of God away from His house might have great implications for the one who refused entrance.

GodsPeace likes this.
  3. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

Personally, I struggle far more with bigots and racists than anything. Homosexuals are just people. I know what the Bible says about men laying with men but I also know that the Bible calls for us to love others and serve them. It doesn't say only those share my beliefs.

I am not smart enough to answer the born gay vs become gay question. I will let God handle that because judgment is His to make for each of us.

Hell, I am supposed to love bigots too, but it is very hard for me.

Hbuchanan likes this.
  4. PistolPete'sMustache

PistolPete'sMustache Sheriff A/V Subscriber

Just keep in mind that if you refuse to tolerate intolerance, then you're the bigot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336226766.529607.jpg

Hbuchanan likes this.
  5. OrangeAggie

OrangeAggie Assistant to the Moderater A/V Subscriber

You're a good dude GodsPeace. Too bad there aren't more Christians (and people in general) who view the world the way you do.

JTB1897 and steross like this.
  6. osupride97

osupride97 Ambassador of Quan A/V Subscriber

No sin is greater than any other. In my mind, to deny Christ as the Son, is the biggest sin of all. Jesus came, as God, in human form, to bring us back to a relationship with Him. He made it clear, time and time again, but for those who reject Him, they will be separated from God for eternity.

Two of my best friends are gay men. I love them dearly, but I do not condone what they do. However, they probably don't condone when I get angry and say ugly things. As has been said, we are all sinners. But we have a loving God who just wants a relationship with us. God will work it all out - that's not our place, although many so-called Christians have made it their place to work it out for Him.

Pokit N and snuffy like this.
  7. GodsPeace

I appreciate it but I am seriously flawed too. I struggle with this like others but I figure if I don't know the right wxact reaponse revert to worrying about caring first.

God gets to judge...not me in the end.

8. GodsPeace

I am flawed too. I just try to not pretend I am any less broken than anyone else.

There are things in the Bible that are hard. Imho, Christ made those things easier by telling us to focus on loving others, even enemies. We are to forgive 77 * 7 times if needed. We are to look after those that need it and each other. We do not need to worry about specks in another's eye. We are supposed to live and love. Does that meam no counting of wrongs? No.

Jesus forgave the adulteress on the spot before the world. By the same old law that calls for the putting to death of gays, she was guilty.

How about some grace for a change?

9. GodsPeace

All I am gonna say is wow...my phone was acting crazy earlier and I thought nothing posted...

Mods clean up on aisle 3!

10. naranjaynegro

naranjaynegro Territorial Marshal

We ARE evil immoral creatures but we are also fully capable of exhibiting empathy, love and compassion. We have plenty of evidence in the world to support both cases. I'm more interested in the concept of some guy 150 years ago that came up with a theory about humans evolving from pond scum .....oh and btw, they evolved an innate moral code as well. Wow! Your faith is much stronger than mine.

11. Hbuchanan

Hbuchanan Deputy A/V Subscriber

See I disagree. I believe we are loving empathetic and compassionate creatures that can become evil. And as for the last part(which I know was not at me) There is no faith in that equation It is based on evidence. That is the thing about faith, You can believe without the facts(For the record I am not saying that is a bad or good thing just saying.)

12. OrangeAggie

You're obviously UNinterested in Darwin's concept because if you were, you'd realize the mountains of evidence in support of it. You see, that's the thing about science, it doesn't require faith, it requires evidence. Evolution by process of natural selection is about as opposed within the scientific community as the theory of gravity.

We, and every other living thing on this planet, evolved from single cell organisms over the course of about 3.5 billion years. Just because you don't understand evolution doesn't mean it didn't happen.

13. CocoCincinnati

CocoCincinnati Territorial Marshal

Please point me to the evidence of exactly when and how that first single cell organism sprang into existence where none existed before it. I know you have to have evidence for that since you just said you don't take it on faith.

14. OrangeAggie

Isn't that a separate argument altogether? I made no comment about life arising from inorganic matter. That said, just because abiogenesis has yet to be confirmed doesn't mean there is a lack of evidence.

15. CocoCincinnati

I don't really see it as a seperate argument but to be fair you are right, you didn't mention it. That said, believing something to be true that hasn't been confirmed yet, even if some evidence suggests it may be, is what I would call faith.

16. OrangeAggie

There is overwhelming evidence for evolution. Evolution and abiogenesis are not the same thing. I'm not going to provide evidence for evolution because if you don't believe in it, it's because you refuse to, and no amount of evidence is going to change your mind. To me, saying you don't believe in evolution is like saying you think the world is flat. They are equally ignorant statements.

pokesmoke16 likes this.
  17. naranjaynegro

naranjaynegro Territorial Marshal

I can easily change the word evolution (let's make sure we understand that i refer to macro-evolution) above and insert "Bible" and say the same things about you. The overwhelming evidence you say applies to evolution pales in comparison to the scrutiny subjected to the bible, yet there are many who refuse to believe..........let's agree to disagree and I don't mind you calling me a flatearther, btw;)

18. GodsPeace

The earth isn't flat? What is this bs?

Next your are gonna tell me Star Wars wasn't a documentary.

PlatypusJojo, zachya and Hbuchanan like this.
  19. OrangeAggie

There is overwhelming evidence for the Bible? If what you're trying to say is that there's overwhelming evidence for the events in the Bible being true, then I really don't know what to say. There is no higher scrutiny than the scientific method. Science is not subjective, it either works and holds under rigorous testing, or it's discarded.

What evidence for God and creationism can you provide? The Bible obviously can't count as evidence for its own claims.

pokesmoke16 likes this.
  20. CocoCincinnati

Just not overwhelming enough yet to bump it up from theory to law.