1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by stonewallpoke, Nov 18, 2011.

1. jnewtont

jnewtont Wrangler

Not very spry mentally are you?
  2. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

I feel like crying and vomiting. I am so disappointed in our D and in Weeden's leadership, which was nonexistent. Heisman candidate my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Greenhorn

why you think that?
  4. H2Orange

A/V Subscriber H2Orange Sitting on the Group W bench

It is just a football game. Pretty insignificant event in light of what has occurred over the last 30 hours.

I hope nobody gets hurt jumping off the bandwagon.
    jnewtont likes this.
  5. SanditeCowboy

SanditeCowboy Cowboy

Can't really blame the team for not being focused, given the tragedy; however, have to say we deserved to lose. 5 turnovers, missed field goal and a defense making a qb with only 3 starts under his belt look like a heisman contender.

Tough loss, but in the big picture 10-1 with 1 game left at home is still one hell of a season.
  6. fig96

fig96 Wrangler

Tough loss guys, sorry.

The land thieves might want to remember that have a whole lot of ground to make up on Oregon if they expect to play in the championship game.
  7. asiancowboy

asiancowboy Cowboy

The D got us our 3 stops we needed. We shouldn't expect more out of them than that imho. If we're so bad on D, why do we have the Most Takeaways in the FBS. Turnover margin is what wins the vast majority of games. Our offense had 5 to their 3...So in essence the offense had more opportunities to win the game than for our defense to lose it. Who would you honestly take in a game? Our offense or defense in a game? Obviously our offense, but they choked harder than our d. Our d actually played better than they usually do. Our offense is who didn't perform tonight.
  8. bobisstoopid

bobisstoopid Wrangler

Yes, right below. Looks like it goes right over the goal post...but maybe it's just wishful seeing on my part.
  9. OSUMAN30

OSUMAN30 Cowboy

Let's continue this season Cowboys. Tough day overall, rebound...beat oU and all our goals are in front of us. BCS bowl and Big 12 championship.
  10. asiancowboy

asiancowboy Cowboy

I honestly think it was no good. If it passes directly over the bar, it's no good. I truly believe it went right over the top of it. If it would've hit and bounced, who then, but the bars weren't high enough...blah. It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if the bars were higher tho.
  11. bobisstoopid

bobisstoopid Wrangler

If we can only expect our D to make 3 stops...then we're bad dude. Seriously, I know our O played terrible and I'm not saying it's all the D's fault (all around, I'd say).

But your argument that 3 stops is all we should expect from our Defense against ISU? Come on.
  12. RWpokefan

RWpokefan Cowboy

The commentators were saying that it has to be on the "inside" of the posts to be considered good. How close is it to being on the inside? Also, does anyone know how to access the rule on this?
  13. Pott Cty Cowboy

Pott Cty Cowboy Wrangler

this x 100
  14. jnewtont

jnewtont Wrangler

OSU was a lower profile school ... At the time.
  15. FightingtoWin

FightingtoWin Cowboy

I don't remember Aub having much of a defense last year.
  16. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Greenhorn

new to the forum
  17. asiancowboy

asiancowboy Cowboy

3 turnovers...how many teams get more than that a game? not too many I'm sure...
  18. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Greenhorn

how many points did oregon score
  19. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Greenhorn

did y'all like him
  20. pocoloco

pocoloco Cowboy

I'm still proud of the players and coaches. It's a tough loss for sure, but in light of recent events it's only a game. We still have a lot to play for and a lot to be proud of. GO POKES!!!!!!!!!!
    Pott Cty Cowboy and RWpokefan like this.