Official Game Thread: Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
We just got a massive big screen of a view of how good Rudolph really was. He covered up a bad OL. Recall, it was our passing, and double coverage on Washington, that allowed us to run. When we have to rely on the OL to actually move folks out, we see they are well below average for the B12.

We can cuss Corndog, and he is very average, but the real issue is Henson and his OL.
I agree partially. If the qb doesn't make completions that's a issue for the run game as well. Which greatly affects the line. We have had a qv with a quick release hitting 5 to 10 yard passes. The line has to hold for a 40 yard bomb out of bounds.

Oct 29, 2016
US
I got slammed for posting Boise State was gonna put a beat-down on us, mainly because of TC's poor performances in a few Spring games. I think my post was quoted by at least 20 different posters. I hate being negative, I do. I can't stand it.

But, fact is: QB recruiting has been an utter disaster ever since Rudolph committed. Wudtee and Woods are both busts, unfortunately. Cornelius was a walk-on; tonight's game showcased reason why. Once Rudolph's career ended, my optimism was replaced by negativity via poor QB recruiting.

I understand what Gundy is doing with the redshirts and I agree with him regarding Sanders. But man..if Brown doesn't start next week, Gundy needs a big-time wake-up call. And, unfortunately, my prediction of not being bowl eligible at season's end..well, I just can't stand it.

If Gundy didn't pull Cornelius, it's clear TC will be the QB for the remainder of season. Gundy better get him some QB's and fast. As of right now, Wudtee has been out-performing Sanders in practice.. that's not good. That's why Sanders isn't even on the QB depth chart.

I just hate thinking OSU's football success is slowing to a halt. Poor QB recruiting and the current recruiting class..just ugh. It's not looking good, for years to come.

Go ahead, slam my post..call me an idiot. But, don't you dare suggest I am not a true OSU fan. I am a true and loyal fan, for life. Just right now, things are not looking good, even in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully Gundy gets him some QB's and pronto..the dual-theat of QB recruiting after landing Rudolph, has been disaster.

Let's hope it just wasn't our night. Pff..who am I kidding. Being negative sucks so freaking bad..but I'm calling it like I see it.

Good night, fellow OSU fans. Let's hope it just wasn't our night...ugh.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Gundy when asked about getting Brown some snaps predictably saying Corndog is fine, we just couldn’t run the ball. This is Daxx 2014 all over again.
We couldn't run the ball because we couldn't complete passes. The linebackers could play close to the line because we didnt throw over the middle.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Gundy when asked about getting Brown some snaps predictably saying Corndog is fine, we just couldn’t run the ball. This is Daxx 2014 all over again.
We couldn't run the ball because we couldn't complete passes. The linebackers could play close to the line because we didnt throw over the middle.
Yeah our passing game was launch it down field and out of bounds. They could have put 11 In the box and we still wouldn’t have completed a pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I got slammed for posting Boise State was gonna put a beat-down on us, mainly because of TC's poor performances in a few Spring games. I think my post was quoted by at least 20 different posters. I hate being negative, I do. I can't stand it.

But, fact is: QB recruiting has been an utter disaster ever since Rudolph committed. Wudtee and Woods are both busts, unfortunately. Cornelius was a walk-on; tonight's game showcased reason why. Once Rudolph's career ended, my optimism was replaced by negativity via poor QB recruiting.

I understand what Gundy is doing with the redshirts and I agree with him regarding Sanders. But man..if Brown doesn't start next week, Gundy needs a big-time wake-up call. And, unfortunately, my prediction of not being bowl eligible at season's end..well, I just can't stand it.

If Gundy didn't pull Cornelius, it's clear TC will be the QB for the remainder of season. Gundy better get him some QB's and fast. As of right now, Wudtee has been out-performing Sanders in practice.. that's not good. That's why Sanders isn't even on the QB depth chart.

I just hate thinking OSU's football success is slowing to a halt. Poor QB recruiting and the current recruiting class..just ugh. It's not looking good, for years to come.

Go ahead, slam my post..call me an idiot. But, don't you dare suggest I am not a true OSU fan. I am a true and loyal fan, for life. Just right now, things are not looking good, even in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully Gundy gets him some QB's and pronto..the dual-theat of QB recruiting after landing Rudolph, has been disaster.

Let's hope it just wasn't our night. Pff..who am I kidding. Being negative sucks so freaking bad..but I'm calling it like I see it.

Good night, fellow OSU fans. Let's hope it just wasn't our night...ugh.
Pretty much sums it up.

Nov 18, 2011
Although the D was disappointing tonight, you knew Tech was going to score points and had the offense held up its end they’d of had something to play for.

Jax

Wrangler
Jan 26, 2010
Jacksonville Florida
You have to have a good QB or you do not win consistently in the Big12. We all knew corn dog was average at best. What gets me is Gundy had 2 years to find the next man after Mason. And this is what we get? Hard to digest.

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
How do you know this? Just curious.
I think it's just Gundy being a poor judge of QB talent more than anything. OSU has always found a serviceable QB. Might've taken half a season, but there's always been one sitting on the bench somewhere. Surely Brown, Sanders, or even Wudtee would be up to the challenge. But I'll be surprised if we see any of them next week.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
not prepared, in all 3 phases. knowles showed - he can’t adjust on the fly, just like S. soundly beat tonight, TT was the-better team & we were at home. Bad for us...

Was bundadge hurt & taped before this game or just tonight?
also, as someone said, not sold on Henson, that freaking line was just a colander, pasta .