Official Homecoming Game Thread: Baylor vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
That's a pretty stupid statement. For anyone to say that Baylor promotes rape is pretty childish. How old are you?
I don't think they are buying billboards or anything but they systematically protect sexual assault and received no punishment for the behavior. The stands were littered with people protesting after Briles was fired. They had prominent boosters publicly speaking out against the actions taken - regents included. I would also add that they've been involved in 2 of the more serious scandals in the history of college athletics. I will by no means exhonerate them.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I don't think they are buying billboards or anything but they systematically protect sexual assault and received no punishment for the behavior. The stands were littered with people protesting after Briles was fired. They had prominent boosters publicly speaking out against the actions taken - regents included. I would also add that they've been involved in 2 of the more serious scandals in the history of college athletics. I will by no means exhonerate them.
So you're saying the actions of a few represent the entirety of their organization and fanbase? Seems pretty broad brushy.

Apr 13, 2007
I have the book, "Down and Dirty" by Charles Thompson. It shows just how corrupt OU football was under Switzer. Really about as bad as it gets. He was also recruited by OSU and apparently we were about as bad.

I hope and think both have cleaned up.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
There are like 10 people on this board that are obsessed with the Baylor rape scandal, and continue to act like middle schoolers about it.
I guess I'm one of those. It bothered me that their fan base played the victim while the school did everything it could to minimize the damage to the beloved football program with no concern for the real victims. It also bothers me that they have a proud history of scandals and an 18th century attitude towards women ( they must have had it coming). It bothers me that Sports Illustrated was busy working on a fictional article to hurt us at the same time this was going on in Waco. And it bothers me that the only accountability they've had was accidentally self inflicted in their efforts to sweep it under the rug. The final straw is they somehow passed us up as a program during this crap storm.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
So you're saying the actions of a few represent the entirety of their organization and fanbase? Seems pretty broad brushy.
It may be unfair to judge a fan base by the message board, but their boards were overwhelmingly on the side of football, as opposed to getting at the truth throughout the whole ordeal. According to them everyone just picked on them because they got too good.