1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Oil Field work

Discussion in 'Jobs, Careers, Networking' started by L-Town Poke, Apr 6, 2012.

1. cmartin

A/V Subscriber cmartin Wrangler

Hope, this is an appropriate spot.

I am also interested in the oil and gas industry, but a little different situation.

I am a career fire fighter, and have been for the last 10 yrs I am trying to figure out if there is anything in oil and gas that I might be half way qualified for.

Ideally I would love to find something I could get my feet wet in now, while still working my shifts at the fire station. I do not have a degree and as far as I can tell I almost have to finish one unless I want to roughneck. I am not opposed to going back to school just haven't been able to figure out exactly what degree I should pursue.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sorry if I should have started a separate thread, not trying to steal the subject from the guy about to be laid off. I hope you find something between now and June!
  2. Stingray

Stingray Wrangler

Not sure what you are looking for or if this would even work, but one of the best in the business. http://www.halliburton.com/ps/default.aspx?navid=2386&pageid=5330
  3. cmartin

A/V Subscriber cmartin Wrangler

Thanks I will check them out
  4. LakeCowboy

LakeCowboy Wrangler

I've worked for Chesapeake and now Devon, and my roommate works at SandRidge. I would definitely check out those 3 and Continental in OKC. Look also at what companies they contract out to and apply for those smaller companies in the big companies fields if you haven't already found something. I know Chesapeake contracts out to Cresent for water and liner on their frac pits but I'm not sure who digs them out. PM me if you want me to find out for you. Another buddy from OSU supervises building well locations and would know.

Go Pokes!