Orange pride sponsor explains story.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
I noticed the accusation made by Evans that OP girls were having sex with coaches never made it into the article...think I know what was being cleaned up this morning.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I noticed the accusation made by Evans that OP girls were having sex with coaches never made it into the article...think I know what was being cleaned up this morning.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Cleaned up a serious lawsuit. SI has to know what a pile of garbage this guy is. I am over the agenda stuff as Chris H. points out we should be. The pathetic attempt at amateur journalism is pitiful enough.

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
another discrepancy that is mentioned in her letter is that Evans reported it was DeFo that was the coach involved, and she was very clear that it was Josh Henson that was the liaison between the coaching staff and Orange Pride.....so WRONG AGAIN Thayer!

Jul 11, 2007
I'm confused I think. The womans name at the top of that posted article here doesn't match the name of the quoted woman in the story. What am I missing?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
IMO the best thing to do is people to funnel these stories to people in the national media that will get it out. As much as I would like to say I would love to see him take a long walk off a short pier I would rather see his career ruined. People who know how tweet these stories please get the to Whitlock and everyone else.
This will probably go on response.okstate.edu . Make sure it has and then point the national media there.

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
The fact the this "interview" and the Pogi "interview" took place less than a month ago is telling.
It says they weren't really expecting good information from either of them, they were just looking for some audio to cut up and to extract some quotes that fit their narrative.

Jul 11, 2007
That's what I was thinking. She said she's the one interviewed in the article though. Maybe they just used some of her quotes and interviewed another girl too....

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
That's what I was thinking. She said she's the one interviewed in the article though. Maybe they just used some of her quotes and interviewed another girl too....
Actually, going back and rereading (you OWE me):

In most years Orange Pride had a dedicated coordinator, usually a female member of the football staff; from February 2003 until March '04 it was Shayla Simpson, a recruiting assistant. Simpson says that she, along with a longtime football secretary and possibly a veteran hostess (she could not recall), did an initial screening of candidates. (Then and now, women must submit a photo with their application.) Simpson, the secretary and an assistant coach then met with the most promising candidates.

"Then [Miles] would do an interview," Simpson says. "So [the hostess] really got to meet him, know what his game plan kind of was, talk about what his expectations were. ... It was very important to [Miles]. He knew, yes, we all knew that the beauty helped. I'm not going to lie about that part. It's a picture. It's no different than having a pretty campus. It's no different than having a really big football field. It's part of the whole package, [but] you couldn't be pretty and an idiot and call it good. You had to really understand the game because you couldn't sound like an idiot when you talked to recruits."

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
At this point, it just kinda goes without sayin', but I'll say it anyway.

This guy is a slimy piece of crap. He's a rotten bastard, and his journalism career is over, done finished. Without lying about who he is, or wearing disguise, he'll never be granted another interview, ever.

This guy ain't Chris Hansen, folks, he's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Thayer will not make it through the end of this year at SI.
I told my wife something similar this morning. SI will not cut him lose during all the blowback. They will demote him to the mail room and then come up with something completely unrelated to our story to fire him over down the road. That will allow them to go on about how they were misled and deceived by TE. However, they will continue to stand behind their series on OSU.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
I told my wife something similar this morning. SI will not cut him lose during all the blowback. They will demote him to the mail room and then come up with something completely unrelated to our story to fire him over down the road. That will allow them to go on about how they were misled and deceived by TE. However, they will continue to stand behind their series on OSU.
So...in a nutshell...you're saying that SI is going to give Thayer the full "Manny Diaz!" :whistle: