OSU baseball at Arizona State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Just going to have to agree to disagree. Have to make Trenkle’s AB somehow productive. 0-3 with 3 K’s, the bunt is the best way. Garcia has shown to be a decent situational hitter last year and will likely be again this year.
Giving up outs while simultaneusly taking the bat out of your best hitters hands and forcing a strike out hitter to situatuonal hit without the option of being able to hit a ground is not productive

Its blind loyalty to the bunt game which has beeen priven many times over to not be statistically advantageous
You’re assuming any ground ball he hits is going to be a double play. He at least has to put the ball in play. If he hits into a DP. Then he hits in to a DP. But loading the bases for your clean up with less than 2 outs is a pretty good situation. Which he’s been successful in. But I don’t think you can blame his k on the fact that we bunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Giving up outs while simultaneusly taking the bat out of your best hitters hands and forcing a strike out hitter to situatuonal hit without the option of being able to hit a ground is not productive

Its blind loyalty to the bunt game which has beeen priven many times over to not be statistically advantageous
That’s why they say baseball is a talking sport. Could have been played either way. It didn’t work out. That’s how baseball go!

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Think I heard them say 18 osu Ks so far this game?? So at least 2/3 of our outs tonight have come via the punch out? Not pretty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I’d probably stick with Davis but have some action in the pen. But at the same time I’m not sure I’d want leeper to come in with guys on base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk