OSU Men's Basketball banned from postseason for 2020-21

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
The fact that he disagreed with my post made me feel good about what I posted.

Is he the first knucklehead ever to get banned just for emoji's?
IMO, took entirely too long. Looking back at posts yesterday and this jackass was allowed to troll the entire day.
He got away with it because there were no posts to report. When I saw what people posted in them thread them we stared looking and found out what he was doing.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Why can't they punish the guy who did the stuff. Like, tell him he can't coach in the NCAA for 5-10 years, or ever again. Why can't they punish the coach who allowed the stuff. Like, suspend him for 1-3 years. Why punish players, coaches, fans who had nothing to do with it.

And what do you want to bet that Kansas skates.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
I bet they reduce the post season ban on appeal.
I sure hope so. I would be interested to see how many other programs have been given a postseason ban for infractions that didn't benefit the program and didn't result in the label of "lack of institutional control." I can't imagine that there are very many.

Lack of past precedence should be a valid argument for overturning this portion of the penalty.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If you read some of the NCAA comments they state the the fact that this is “related” to a Federal Crime is why they were so tough.

Sounds like the failed attempt to be criminal prosecution like the Penn State child abuse - hey, lets overstep our charter and punish these guys for offending us

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Last I checked the man who did the “crime” did, or is doing his time. Not sure why they think OSU is culprit in that crime. But I digress as I’m not sure why it’s such a big crime anyway. That may be just me, but I’m not sure why the fbi had to be involved when these coaches actually may have thought they were helping these kids and that is why they figured it was ok to benefit but steering them to financial advisors. Of course that’s really abuse of the kids trust and the system, but its weird to me that the fbi had to be involved and that the punishments are so severe.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If it can be proven that the university had no knowledge of what was happening, I’m not sure how you can hold them culpable, especially if swift action was taken upon discovering said issue. If this was brought to their attention multiple times (*cough* Baylor *cough*) then that’s a totally different story.

They can’t punish people real time, yes an investigation has to be held, but I would think punishment should be handed to the guilty parties.

If an employee is charged with breaking the law, you can’t just punish their supervisor if they have never been given any sign or reason to believe something was wrong.

Why would you hold someone Accountable for someone else’s crimes? If you hired a charming sociopath who knocked the Interview out of the park, and he steals from your company....why would you get punished?
Apples to oranges.

Yet again, the coach is gone, the player is gone, so no penalty at all? It's a simple question.
It really sounds like you want this penalty to stick. The difference between other schools, is that Evans was in it for himself and the school benefitted in no way. That's why the penalty is too harsh.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jun 26, 2007
You know something, you if the courts of this country handed out punishments for murderers the way the NCAA arbitrarily punishes each school, some murderers would go free, some would get life, some would get probation, some would get five years. I really despise them.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Last I checked the man who did the “crime” did, or is doing his time. Not sure why they think OSU is culprit in that crime. But I digress as I’m not sure why it’s such a big crime anyway. That may be just me, but I’m not sure why the fbi had to be involved when these coaches actually may have thought they were helping these kids and that is why they figured it was ok to benefit but steering them to financial advisors. Of course that’s really abuse of the kids trust and the system, but its weird to me that the fbi had to be involved and that the punishments are so severe.
Watch the movie "The Scheme". It gives a good insight into the whole thing. I'm not sure what the answer is but it's a mess as it stands right now.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Haven't we lost our most high profile appeals? Pretty sure we appealed the Dez decision and lost.
I am talking nationwide and I am talking programs, not individuals.

This is the big announcement phase where the NCAA pats themselves on the back; we'll negotiate it down in a few weeks.

Just like every other school in the country.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

This is the big announcement phase where the NCAA pats themselves on the back; we'll negotiate it down in a few weeks.

You can forgive my pessimism that NCAA will treat us like the other schools, especially in this investigation where they feel pressure to look like they're taking serious action to clean up college basketball. The other schools in this instance are their money makers.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You know something, you if the courts of this country handed out punishments for murderers the way the NCAA arbitrarily punishes each school, some murderers would go free, some would get life, some would get probation, some would get five years. I really despise them.
If the glove does not fit, you must acquit.
1591463931211.png

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Watch the movie "The Scheme". It gives a good insight into the whole thing. I'm not sure what the answer is but it's a mess as it stands right now.
Thanks for sharing this Jostate. I had no idea they made this movie. I am watching today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So why is the moron troll craig.haney@87 still on the site? What is he contributing to this discussion besides disliking everything that is said? Honestly ban him already...:innocent:
I don't see anything in this thread from him. Am I missing something?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The fact that he disagreed with my post made me feel good about what I posted.

Is he the first knucklehead ever to get banned just for emoji's?
IMO, took entirely too long. Looking back at posts yesterday and this jackass was allowed to troll the entire day.
He got away with it because there were no posts to report. When I saw what people posted in them thread them we stared looking and found out what he was doing.
Oh. He was only doing Emojis to posts? Since I'm on tapatalk, I don't see those things.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Man I hope we do it fast enough to keep the outstanding class that coach has put together. He deserves a break...he’s a good coach with a bright future.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They kind of do...that this whole inequality thing folks are protesting about. Flawed justice resulting in injustice. This is just a symptom of a much larger issues concerning justice for the haves being a much lighter touch than “justice” for the have nots.

Nov 6, 2010
It really sounds like you want this penalty to stick. The difference between other schools, is that Evans was in it for himself and the school benefitted in no way. That's why the penalty is too harsh.

More so, OSU is actually a victim in all this, as Holder stated.