OSU Men's Basketball banned from postseason for 2020-21

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 18, 2009
It’s awesome to see a lot of the players confirming their commitment to HCMB and the team itself. They are saying screw the ncaa, we are going to build something here. That my friends.....is a beautiful thing.
It is. Cade has a giant opportunity here to broadcast who we all think HCMB is. If he stays, it’s a beacon to the country, NCAA, HS coaches and players for a long time. Entirely his choice, but it would be huge for MB and OSU if he stayed and played.

Nov 14, 2010
I think the jury is out as to the caliber of Head Coach Mike Boynton is or will turn out to be.

But....
Its blatantly obvious that he is an elite human being, role model and a person these young men want to follow.

Boynton seems like a mix between a big brother and fatherly type role model to these young men.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I think the jury is out as to the caliber of Head Coach Mike Boynton is or will turn out to be.

But....
Its blatantly obvious that he is an elite human being, role model and a person these young men want to follow.

Boynton seems like a mix between a big brother and fatherly type role model to these young men.
His tenacious positivity and vocal leadership in the midst of all of these struggles combined with the context of this being his first bigtime HC job is really remarkable. It's inspirational, and it's obviously having a massive impact on the players as well. And it would be one thing for him to fight through this stuff and remain positive for a season or a few months. But he's dealt with this for YEARS. His heart and his grit don't even seem human.

I hope it can translate to the court quickly, but he's got another uphill battle starting this season :-(

Jun 14, 2011
I'll allow it IF we have a drastic uptick in 3pt shooting. Which, I am praying we do since we down to one forward/center. I am really hoping Cade sticks with us and announces that intention soon so we can broadcast to anyone out there available that we need a decent big man transfer who may be interested to play with him.

Dec 17, 2011
I feel for our team, but more so for our coach. With everything going on for our football team, Coach B has always shown class and gained his players respect. I really hope everything works out and he can be here for a very long time.

Oct 30, 2007
All these players remaining committed makes me think they know something positive that isn't public yet. Let's hope so anyway.
I heard some rumblings on the radio Friday that our athletic department may take legal action against the NCAA if the appeal isn't successful. That would greatly increase the odds of us playing in the postseason next year and the odds of Cade Cunningham making it to campus.

The next several months should be really interesting. :popcorn: